My Shadow Hawk Build

13 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

A simple build for battling/brawling Medium and Light 'Mechs.
Posted Image
Since this thing doesn't have so many energy weapons, I figured heat wouldn't be an issue so it only has the ten that come with the Engine.

#2 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

should try these 2 if you wanna brawl.. your build is a little underwhelming on the firepower so may be hard to deal damage/get a kill. sure u may live longer.. but most people shoot centre torso anyways so u might as well go XL and try and dish the pain. just be sure to shield and spread damage.

2K: Missles and Lasers: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7c22a2ece17b8a8

2d2: ballastic and srm (can drop jump jets or engine a bit if u want ac10 instead of Lbx)
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f41c0d550a12dcf

Edited by CD0UG, 26 December 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#3 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Please drop to 2 or 2 and a half tons of AC10 ammo and get another SRM4. This is about the minimum change you NEED to do.

Pretty underwhelming otherwise, as Doug says.

#4 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:45 AM

Waaaaay too many AC ammo, and way too few firepower.
AC/10+3SRM4 should work on this variant, even if the "meta" build equips one more missile.

Also, I notice you haven't upgraded to double heat-sinks. ALWAYS upgrade to double heat-sinks.

#5 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

Yeah.... You don't need 5 tons of ammo for one AC10. Strip 3 tons, get another SRM4 and another ton of SRM ammo. And drop some rear armor, that's way too much. Try 10/8/8 for CT/ST/ST. A lot of people run it lower, but that's my preference.

#6 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

Hmm. Thanks fellas. I'll keep that in mind. I'll change it out as soon as I get back on the computer.

#7 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

Shadow Hawks do well with XL Engines...or at least they used to, which frees up a good deal of tonnage. It's already got extra speed, so you don't need to upgrade it. An XL280 is the same tonnage as an XL275 though. You've only got one energy hard point, which doesn't help, but you can manage an ER Large Laser, an AC/10, and a pair of SRM4s.

#8 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

View PostCD0UG, on 26 December 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

should try these 2 if you wanna brawl.. your build is a little underwhelming on the firepower so may be hard to deal damage/get a kill. sure u may live longer.. but most people shoot centre torso anyways so u might as well go XL and try and dish the pain. just be sure to shield and spread damage.

2d2: ballastic and srm (can drop jump jets or engine a bit if u want ac10 instead of Lbx)

I run the same set ups on both my 2K and 2D2 and the 2K in particular wrecks face in a big way. Well recommended. Just make sure you get close........I have taken down Atlases and Kodiaks solo with this build. Just keep moving and aim for the weak points, The SRM6As have a really tight spread if you get close and do a lot of damage. Use the lasers for peeking and backup as they add a lot of heat when you're brawling. However, if you can pop out and get get back to cover, it's alpha strikes all the way. Enjoy!

#9 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Mine: SHD-2H

#10 Adam Mieter

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys, I need some advice on my Shadow Hawk (2H) build.

I currently run this loadout: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b0664b74bb99da5 (page says the firepower is 28 something, in-game it's 32.7).

I'm kinda neutral about the LRM 10, it is useful, but damage-wise it kinda feels negligible. So I was planning on taking away the LRM and its ammo, dismount the medium laser, add an ER-PPC, another Streak SRM 2 with 1/2 ammo, add a second Machine Gun and strip a little bit of armor away. According to the game, this would increase my firepower from 32.7 to 36.5, but lower my armor from 322 to 304 and my heat management from 1.35 to 1.15.

Would that be an OK trade-off? I'm more terrified of losing the LRM's convenience though...

Edited by Adam Mieter, 23 January 2017 - 09:20 PM.

#11 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:12 AM

View PostAdam Mieter, on 23 January 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Hey guys, I need some advice on my Shadow Hawk (2H) build.

Things I would recommend:

1. Max out all of your armor. Possible exceptions are the head (I often have 16/18 head armor), and I often have low-armored arms if the arms have no weapons or equipment in them.

2. You have too many different weapons there. A UAC5, a MG, 2 SRMs, 1 LRM, and a medium laser will not give you a coherent approach to a battle, it complicates your ammo situation, and makes for too many weapon groups (or, it makes you put wildly different weapons in one group, which is also unwieldy).

If you want LRMs (I don't use them on the SHD myself), take three LRM launchers, maybe LRM 5's, and match it with 1-2 longer-ranged cannons, like AC2's or AC5s. If you like artemis, then you lose the head missile slot (too small), and you might go 2xLRM10+A in the side torso. Then, stay at range and pepper your opponents with missiles and cannon.

3. Go with a larger engine. I would recommend at least a 280XL on SHD. Some of mine use a 300XL.

4. Use endo steel, not ferro-fibrous.

5. Stack ammo in legs, then the CT, then the head.

The result looks something like this: SHD-2H (Again, I'm not a fan of LRMs myself, but you said you wanted to keep them. Here the UAC is probably weapon group one, with the LRMs in group two, and perhaps a chain fire LRM in group 3.

#12 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

View PostCD0UG, on 26 December 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Yeah - Certainly my favorite builds!
I also have another 2K for 3LPL, and 2H for 3 AC2 ....

#13 Adam Mieter

• Pip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Whiskey!

It's not that I really want to keep the LRM, it's more about the personal preference of the 'jack-of-all-trades' builds. I like being able to make myself at least partially useful in most situations, rather than being a one-trick pony in a battle. That is why I am tempted to add an ER PPC and reinforce the SRM/MG armament (both long range-short range covered). I'm just not sure if the ER PPC would be as convenient to use as the LRMs.

Edited by Adam Mieter, 24 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#14 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

also currently expirmenting with this little monster:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...37140ca5ae64793

LPL 3srm6,1srm4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users