• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

In matters of personal honor and duty, the needs of the nation must always take precedence over the needs of the individual.
Theodore Kurita

"...losses by the Draconis Combined Mustered Soldiery have continued to mount." High-Thegn Tarogato the Bard glanced up from his report to ensure he still held the Jarl's attention, "While we've been able to successfully get most of the loyalist DCMS forces patched into our HyperGate Network, this doesn't appear to have done much to mitigate those losses. Furthermore their command structure seems to have suffered serious breakdowns."

Dane, Jarl of the FRR, and owner of the last functioning HPG relay north of Terra frowned. "Where is the Coordinator? Who leads this faction?"

Tarogato hesitated as the Jarl turned his attention to the meeting hall's window and looked out at the chaos transpiring beneath them. The Alshain district was in tatters. The ever growing wave of refugees seemed endless as Inner Sphere worlds fell to the Clan invasion.

Yet, the government of the Free Rasalhague Republic managed some semblance of control, even their own Capitol had been successfully evacuated, but here in Kurita space all order had been lost. It appeared as if all central authority had ceased and units, civilians, and corporations alike were all moving about without any sort of focus or purpose.

Tarogato cleared his throat. "The whereabouts of the Coordinator are unknown. The Draconis Combine High Command had taken over active military and civilian leadership but they seem to have been somewhat.."Tarogato paused, "disordered."

Dane returned his gaze to his High Thegn and gave him a questioning look.

"Eh, well, the reports are spotty at best, my Jarl, but it appears many of the leaders and sometimes significant portions of their units joined the Night Stalkers, or Night's Scorn Regiment. With the rise of the Night Stalkers politically, this seems to have destabilized the rest of the DCMS's organization. At times the Night Stalkers acted as defacto leaders of the Faction and at other times more like mercenaries."

"In other words, as to your question who leads," Tarogato shrugged apologetically, "it's complicated."

The Jarl sighed and his mind drifted once more to the loss of Rasalhague the jewel of the Republic and the battle surrounding it. He clenched his fist and ground his teeth in anger.

We didn't fail. The Rasalhague forces held the lines and beat back the Clanner scum. Against all the odds his people had won. But the rest of the Inner Sphere, the Star League or whatever trite and bombastic title they had tried to give themselves, had failed. The Davion Atlas-LRM regiments had obliterated a thousand snowbanks, but only a handful of BattleMechs. The newly insular Marik STD mechs were too slow and they arrived too late to every engagement. Liao had done better than the rest, but their mixed bracket builds weren't enough to slow down the honed Clanner Assault. And the Kuritans, without a solid command or stable HPG relay were habitually out of position and confused throughout the fighting.

We didn't fail. He reminded himself for the hundredth time. The Inner Sphere failed us.

Abruptly the Jarl stood and nodded towards the window and chaos below. "Well then Tarogato, I think it's about time we simplified things around here."

The Jarl flashed a terrifying grin that would have wilted any veteran Clan Warrior.
"..write this down.."

You'll have no argument from me.
Current meta favors the clans. Despite some weight changes they still have the edge in tech and, perhaps, skill. Fighting them is hard. It is an uphill battle and because of their advantages we will lose if we are only as good as them. Our only hope lies in being better than them.

I don't know you, loyal soldiers of the Dragon, as well as I'd like. We've played this game together for some time and many of you are at least acquaintances of mine, but we've never really fought together. At least until very recently that is.

In the past though, from a polite distance, I have seen good things from your faction. I've seen you hold back the clans when you could and punish other IS factions when you couldn't, I've seen you be strong, organized and ruthless; I've seen you win.

But now you've fallen low. Your W/L ratio and KDR as faction are some of the lowest in the game. You have sunk even beneath Davion in some stats. You look, frankly, shameful.

Yet, in my recent interactions with you.. I see so much promise. Your soldiers are dedicated, high-spirited and loyal. Your commitment fierce and your will unwavering. I think that some factions may be beyond hope, but not you.

I believe the Dragon merely slumbers, and while I respect its need to rest, I would like rouse it. I need to rouse it. The Inner Sphere needs it. It is time to awaken the Dragon.

Your builds and tactics need to be updated, your forces need to be better marshaled, and your jaded heroes need to throw down their plows and return once more to the front lines.

The KungsArme of the Free Rasalhague wants to help you and needs to help you. We need allies that we can trust, that we can depend on, it has become clear we cannot hold the line alone and if any other faction has any chance at helping us - it is you.

What can you do?

Use our resources. Although it always is in need of some revising the RKA dropdeck Builds and Composition is an important and invaluable tool. The clans are too powerful and we cannot afford to run sub-optimal mechs.

Use our expertise. Drop with MJ12 if/when possible and LEARN from them. Understand what they are doing, what builds they are taking, what they are thinking and emulate that in your own drops and within your own unit. These guys are the best at what they do and if you aren't learning from the you are doing something wrong.

Use our organization. Work with me to get more people, more units and more leaders involved, together. We need not be islands. And the time for isolationist policies and beliefs is at an end - at least if we want any chance at surviving this. Also, as a side note, don't hate me. I fill a void that would otherwise be vacant, I am not stepping on your toes.

So what do you say DCMS? Are you with me? Will you be the allies we need? And together will we save the Inner Sphere?

Edited by Mech The Dane, 27 December 2016 - 02:26 AM.

#2 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:04 AM

I only dropped in FP 4.1 on the first week, before the leaderboard reset.. although I do play more than two hours, every day. I did try to drop with other HK members, earlier in the week.. but they do tend to be chaotically disorganized.. (maybe the dragon grew too many heads..) and they left to queue without me.. again. I would have dropped with the Friday group, for a second time, as running with them was really fun, but I was exhausted, that afternoon, from making four pies from scratch, a double batch of preacher cookies and enough peanutbutter fudge to give a horse the 'beetis.

Imbalance doesn't bother me that much.. I just really dislike QP with dropdecks. That's the major thing that has hurt my interest. (That and the visibly reduced HK population since just 30 days ago.. and that the HK members that I used to drop with aren't online much, now.. and I'm not yet familiar with the faces on the FRR hub.) I miss playing Invasion mode on Invasion maps. Now, it's, "do you want to play Quickplay for ten minutes and get 200k, or do you want to play Quickplay for almost 30 minutes and get 300k."

Posted Image

#3 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 26 December 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

I only dropped in FP 4.1 on the first week, before the leaderboard reset.. although I do play more than two hours, every day. I did try to drop with other HK members, earlier in the week.. but they do tend to be chaotically disorganized.. (maybe the dragon grew too many heads..) and they left to queue without me.. again. I would have dropped with the Friday group, for a second time, as running with them was really fun, but I was exhausted, that afternoon, from making four pies from scratch, a double batch of preacher cookies and enough peanutbutter fudge to give a horse the 'beetis.

Imbalance doesn't bother me that much.. I just really dislike QP with dropdecks. That's the major thing that has hurt my interest. (That and the visibly reduced HK population since just 30 days ago.. and that the HK members that I used to drop with aren't online much, now.. and I'm not yet familiar with the faces on the FRR hub.) I miss playing Invasion mode on Invasion maps. Now, it's, "do you want to play Quickplay for ten minutes and get 200k, or do you want to play Quickplay for almost 30 minutes and get 300k."

Posted Image

I agree that FP on the QP maps really makes one have to rethink their approach... honestly apart from loading up on ERPPCs on the right mechs, we are at a seriously range disadvantage on the open maps.

Keep the faith though, now is the time to make new friends and group the heck up. You *can* win and even if you face a 12 man of clanners one match, the chances of you face them over and over again like the old days is much more remote.

You do have to open your mind to new approaches and concepts from those that are winning on a regular basis. Mech the Dane kicks out lots of good ideas and if you want to hang with the snakes, [ID] should probably be around a lot this week.

#4 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

MtD, I understand you are trying to ruffle peoples feathers to get them riled enough to play but Kurita doesn't really have a whole lot of population playing from what I've seen. IDI are only small and we quite rarely field a 12 man, so we often have to fill out our numbers with Pugs, yet we don't often see many Kuritans in FW. A lot of this may be down to the recent TS changeover and some people may not have gotten wind of it yet, so give it time. Personally I have been loving the merging of these 2 factions TS hubs and have been joining/DC-ing mixed groups on there to great effect and will keep pointing people in that direction.

#5 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:16 AM

I understand you lack the manpower. But this is something that has affected all factions. Go look at Steiner's forum, they have had a single topic posted there since May, and it's just asking if Steiner is still alive with a pretty depressing answer.

Most units on the FRR hub cannot manage to run 12 mans. Just like most Kurita units. This doesn't mean that W/L ratio's and KDR's have to suffer on a faction-wide basis. As long as we get everyone dropping with us, together and learning from us, we should be able to raise Kurita from the bottom of the factions to a place alongside the FRR on top.

I think one thing DCMS is missing is a MJ12 like unit, and I need to really convince NS to get heavily involved back in Kurita and CW. That's on me. But everyone else, lets just keep funneling people to our new heart and getting them geared in the right mechs, with the right builds and the right tactics for success.

Also, does the old High Council still exist in any form?

Edited by Mech The Dane, 27 December 2016 - 12:18 AM.

#6 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:27 AM

AFAIK, there is no longer any form of council.

COMA was Kurita's closest thing to an MJ12. It was our best performing unit, making it far enough into the WC to get their own decal (and then have it taken away from them.) I miss running FP with them.. IDK where most of them are; I'd assume you'd find them between burned-out and disappointed. Zoose is their leader and I value his opinions more than any other Kuritan. If there was a vote held for Faction leadership positions, he'd have mine.

Other than that, the only other loyalist unit that regularly plays FP is SRMx. Surn and FallenAce are decent guys. I usually play MWO at night, during SEA time, and reguarly drop with two or three of them.

Oh, and also 36th Dieron.. They had some pretty fun FP tactics.. but they're European, so I don't often have the opportunity to play with them. I think they're usually on Wednesday.. or maybe it's Thursday, during the day in NA time. Games with them didn't play out like the US/Aussie guys. They really like the surprise ambush. I have no idea who leads them.

#7 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:34 AM

Hmm. Alright. That's worse than I expected.

Well then, lets rebuild your faction.

I get back from my yule vacation tomorrow and I'll start talking to your unit leaders when I get the chance.

#8 Suldanessala

• PipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for mentioning us AnTi90d. As far as I know there is no one leading the DCMS, the council had a whapsapp group but it is dead for a while. Storyteller and Onai Tekimata are our unit leaders but both are busy right now. The 36th staff meetings will be back during the first week 2017.

Some of the 36th members are dropping already with MJ12, MtD and others that are willing to form groups.
As already mentioned I will try to get as many 36th members to join the FRR/HK Hub as possible. Please take note that not all our members are playing for a long time or have very good drop decks. We are a casual unit where some players are only active once or twice a month ;-)

Again thanks MtD to try everything to make FP a better experience for others. I will try to help as much as I can.
See you on the battlefield.

#9 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 27 December 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

COMA was Kurita's closest thing to an MJ12. It was our best performing unit, making it far enough into the WC to get their own decal (and then have it taken away from them.) I miss running FP with them.. IDK where most of them are; I'd assume you'd find them between burned-out and disappointed. Zoose is their leader and I value his opinions more than any other Kuritan. If there was a vote held for Faction leadership positions, he'd have mine.

This. Quoted for truth.

#10 Sedmeister

• PipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKuzuu Prefecture, Benjamin Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Other than that, the only other loyalist unit that regularly plays FP is SRMx. Surn and FallenAce are decent guys. I usually play MWO at night, during SEA time, and reguarly drop with two or three of them.

Oh, and also 36th Dieron.. They had some pretty fun FP tactics.. but they're European, so I don't often have the opportunity to play with them. I think they're usually on Wednesday.. or maybe it's Thursday, during the day in NA time. Games with them didn't play out like the US/Aussie guys. They really like the surprise ambush. I have no idea who leads them.

Zoose is on vacation and will not be back for a few more weeks. The regular COMA players are Terrorsdawn, Anchovy, Jon McFuzzy, Merkle, dragoburnhard and myself (sorry if I missed anyone). We struggle to get 12 regulars.

In terms of recruiting, the most regular question I get from potentially interested recruits is "are you clan?". The meta is hurting and judging by the map statistics this morning (great Android MWO map app btw) and the fact both FRR and Kurita struggle to field full 12 man teams, the future of FW is looking dire.

I dropped as part of a mixed COMA/FRR group yesterday on Frozen City. It was very close. Despite tonnage advantage, well designed builds, good leadership and coordination, we only just scraped through a win by 1 mech and the clock running out. Something needs to change before Kurita players would look upon the game favorably again any time soon.

#11 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

The Phase 3 Kutita Council Google Hangout hasn't been actice since October.
The release of phase 4.1 didn't even register a blip.

View PostSedmeister, on 28 December 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Something needs to change before Kurita players would look upon the game favorably again any time soon.

Phase 2(January 2016) Kurita and FRR rolled the clans back to their home worlds. Kurita was left with no one to fight. (we tried Davions, Marik, and Smoke Jag)

Phase 3 (April 2016) was more of the same. Action was limited to the left side of the map. Again Kurita was left twiddling it's thumbs. Added the affects of the Long Tom, the continual I.S. nerfs, the new reward merc tree, and alot of people jumping to play clan mechs. Most Kurita pilots not only left Kurita, but left the game.

On a good night, SRMx can field a 6 man.
Posted Image

It takes a combined effort just to put together a 12 man. (SRMx, Coma, our friends from the Dropship 3 strike team, and the FRR)

Some battle results from the last month
http://srminexile.go...creenshots.html

It's hard to make Kurita matter when factions and loyalty don't matter.

Edited by FallingAce, 29 December 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#12 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:07 PM

Once I get my PC issues sorted I'll be back. I'm not that good, hell I usually die right off. But I'm enthusiastic and can follow orders..can even call drops, so long as its not against a 12man...anxiety is a *****. My builds are probably where I'm hurting most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users