Pgi Killed Faction Play

14 replies to this topic

#1 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

invasion was so fun - now we get 90% quick drop instead
if we wanted to play quick play - we go quick play
now all we have in faction play is the same crap of lrms with same quickdrops maps . but wow pgi - 4 mechs to drop with.
give us back invasion as it was ... we hate quick drops this is why we go FACTION PLAY|!!

pgi every update you do -- you give us less

give us invasion please

Edited by Bios303, 26 December 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#2 noleet

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

PGI just recycled their content instead of bringing new one. I would be happy playing this mode but then on customized FW maps instead of stupid walls round the drop zone.

#3 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

I think the quick play scouting is a blast and a fantastic idea. Infact its allowed for people to get into faction play matchs easier. Sorry you guys dont care for it. I would like to see some guild vs guild stuff with rewards and in game bases put in at some point.

#4 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostBios303, on 25 December 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

invasion was so fun - now we get 90% quick drop instead
if we wanted to play quick play - we go quick play
now all we have in faction play is the same crap of lrms with same quickdrops maps . but wow pgi - 4 mechs to drop with.
give us back invasion as it was ... we hate quick drops this is why we go FACTION PLAY|!!

pgi every update you do -- you give us less

give us invasion please

I'm pretty sure that they actually just followed through on what was decided at the last round table, essentially a list of user requested features and modes. This was not out of the blue but rather people were getting grossly impatient and salty over the changes not being implemented quickly enough. Many players are actually very happy with the changes that have been made to make FP 4.1 what it is.

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 30 December 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#5 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

Faction play is just quick play. There is no point to it. There is nothing special to make me (or most of the players) want to participate. If the factions were ACTUALLY factions with factory planets to protect, jump ships to coordinate planetary assaults with, Repair and Rearm costs, and above all... Mechs are pulled from a faction pool that are produced at factories. This would make wins and losses matter. This would make faction play different from quick play. As it sits, all faction play sums up to is quick play that requires way more clicks and waiting to get to an actual battle that has the same over-arching consequences (nothing).

If they wanted to improve faction play they would implement many of the things people have told them from day 1! Have more battle types. They have recons, but how about raids for cash or mech chassis. How out G;raids that are designed to eliminate orbital guns to allow the planetary assault to begin in the first place? How about dropping the team as a group and allowing them to choose from a set of drop zones on the map? There is so much potential for so little Dev effort, but instead they insist on these over complicated solutions that result in a game with no meat.

#6 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:59 AM

The world is not immersive like, say, EVE. Planetary control via CW has no real meaning for the quick player. Quick Play has no real meaning for the 'universe'.

Personally, I only play CW for the LP. Win or lose, I will get LP. Win or lose, I will eventually attain ranks and the rewards they provide. Despite my faction, I will never really "lose" because I can hop to another or just "quick play" for cbills. So what if the clans eventually creep across the galaxy? It's not like IS mechs will just disappear. Likewise, so what if the IS pushes the clans off the map? Clan mechs won't disappear. What will happen? PGI resets the maps and the game goes on.

This, I think, was one of the things EVE adjusted to early. While EVE factions had their types of ships and skills, corporations and alliances weren't bound to them. They could employ whatever was available. That universe also had a PvE component to satisfy other types of casuals.

One of the things, I think, that made the EVE universe successful compared to MWO was fluidity. Units could deploy all available tech to achieve their goals. You won't see one unit holding a major stake by narrowly utilizing a single faction's ships.

#7 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

This game sucks from its beginning. It has no idea where to get further. PGI tards are just recycling sh*t they already made.

#8 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

You're all right this game sucks and always will suck unless they do exactly what I say want!

#9 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostCalebos, on 10 January 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

This game sucks from its beginning. It has no idea where to get further. PGI tards are just recycling sh*t they already made.

no ****, all the game studios do that. Its easier to use existing assets than to make newer ones.

#10 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

Its an arena shooter
Don't expect an RPG
or be dissappointed

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 10 January 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#11 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

heard u about - acutely a lot of players like the new thing !! .. well I'm happy to hear that but its not the point!!
the point is to choose what you like to play !!
this is a game ! and we should always have the option to choose if we want - invasion or quick drops
no option like that its like if pgi force us to play quick drops

also when we get chance to play invasion its when the planet is already lost so not a lot players join in to play there..
or a lot of players just going because they had to much games already

#12 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Faction play have no strategic element so it is meaningless.

Edited by Vlad Striker, 14 January 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#13 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

No, solo pugs with no experience being allowed into Faction Play is what killed Faction Play. It's been dead for almost a year.

#14 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

I don't think that the classic 3-respawn works too well on the cramped and very accessible maps coming from quick play.
Rather, the respective drop commander should have the option of requesting reinforcements lance-wise to his current position (freely positioned is prone to abuse), so he could reinforce the current slew of mechs.

#15 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

game become a pure crap !! 100 % !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users