• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:24 AM

Rasalhague December 3051:

Posted Image

"...THE NEXT PERSON WHO STOPS MOVING I AM FULL ON SHOOTING IN THE BACK, THORDAMNIT. NOW PUSSSHHH!!"

The beleaguered FRR company, under the command of Jarl Dane, pushed heedlessly into Clan invasion forces. The smug clanners, confident in the superiority of their mechs and the timid behavior of Spheriod forces were caught off guard as the hurdling mass of Inner Sphere mechs crashed right into the center of forces.

For a few tense moments it was pure chaos and then suddenly, almost miraculously, the Clan mechs all began to fall. Overheating and overran they couldn't survive the IS onslaught. The FRR forces were once again victorious.

The Jarl turned his attention away from the jubilant survivors to the carnage of battle around them, he searched through the wreckage until he found what he was looking for, the burnt out husk of what had once been a Grasshopper. He alerted civilian EMT's and watched them pry it open and retrieve the unscathed pilot.

Dane sighed in relief and assisted in other rescue efforts amongst the battered forces. Even as new flares from landing dropships burned into the blue horizon.

"...we do not stop. We do not waver. We do not hide or slow down or allow others to take the lead." The Jarl half yelled, half explained at the mixed company of KungsArme volunteers and few loyal ISEN Thegn he found himself commanding," We push through the enemy, we surround them, we give them a million targets and then like wolves we rip them apart. But it only works if all of us go 100% the entire time. Do you understand?"

A chorus of agreements and rogers and yes sirs filled the airwaves and then quickly subsided.
"Good" Dane pointed his worn and patched mech's arm towards the open eastern plains. "Because here they come."

Posted Image

The Jarl's personal Horn was blown and the forces charged with reckless enthusiasm into the enemy lines and once more after many tense moments their war-band came out on top.

Dane found the replacement Grasshopper with an all too familiar paint job on it and opened up comm channels, "Ganga Alfrek."
"Ganga Alfrek, Jarl" High Thegn Tarogato responded.

As EMT's and Mechanics poured over the field the Jarl drew up close to his High Thegn, "how are we looking?"

Tarogato let out an audible sigh, "We're looking good. Our sector has yet to be breached and we are oversaturated with supplies. Frankly, at this rate we could hold out against their Invasion for years."

The Jarl nodded approvingly, "Excellent. Then we're in the clear."

"No, not exactly" Tarogato said hesitantly," The Majestic 12 have also secured their sector and won all their engagements..but the alliance.. the Star League... the Inner Sphere.." Tarogato's voice trailed off.

"Yes?" Dane asked impatiently .

"They are losing," Tarogato paused, "badly."

"The Davion Atlas-LRM Regiments have managed to use up our entire planetary strategic missile reserve of 10 trillion LRM's in the first 3 hours of battle. They only managed to successfully disabled 4 and a half mechs."

"a half?!" Dane interjected.

"Well, one of those Mechs was technically their own.. it's complicated. Last I heard the Ammo-less Davion Atlases are trying to "base cap" the Clans, what ever that means. Either way they are out of the fight. Meanwhile the Marik forces decided to use STD engines for all their mechs and managed to get outmaneuvered or miss entire engagements. They lost half their battles before they even arrived."

The Jarl swore under his breath.

"Liao did a little better," Tarogato continued, " but their bracket builds lacked the effective firepower at any specific range and they just couldn't keep up with the clan firepower. They've been forced to withdraw. The Kurita forces immediately lost communication with Star League Command and have constantly mis-deployed along the front, because of it they were unable to mount a successful defense at any point in the battle and have also been forced off world."

"So what you're saying is.."

"We've lost. Only the sectors manned by FRR forces remain under our control. The clans have effectively surrounded us."

Dane kicked his mech's console in frustration.

"My Jarl," Tarogato's words were careful, "we have to retreat."

"Our Capitol" Dane shouted, "Our world! We can't just abandon it. We can't give up."

"There is still time. Our victories have bought us time. We can withdraw the majority of the KungsArme forces before the clans can regroup. If we stay and fight we will lose eventually and when that happens we will lose everything. I am sorry, Dane, but we have to go."

The Jarl swore into an open channel and then barked at all listening personnel," Begin the preparations to leave world. Let Majestic 12, 2323, The Royal Harriers, SO, the Hussars and any other RKA forces know we are pulling out. Take everything not bolted to the floor. Leave nothing for the clans."

Dane took a deep breath and turned his mech away from his loyal High Thegn.

"I repeat, this a Jarl-level full evacuation Code 9 authorization. We're leaving Rasalhague"

Dane strode back towards the rest of his forces giving our more orders and answering the plethora of questions that crowded into his comm channel. But he hardly noticed.

We didn't fail, he thought to himself, we held the line. The Alliance, the so called Star League, the Inner Sphere, they failed us. Their broken mechs and bad builds and incapable leadership and LRMS! They failed us. Rasalhague meant nothing to them.

The Jarl watched as the first of his dropships blasted their thrusters and left the sacred surface of Rasalhague for the void beyond.

**** the Inner Sphere, he thought to himself and looked around at the verdant hills of his faction's Capitol, I'll be back.

Posted Image

Edited by Mech The Dane, 26 December 2016 - 12:41 AM.

#2 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:16 AM

I will file this under the comedy section.

#3 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

A great man, upon being forced to retreat after being overrun, once said "I shall return"

spoilers: he did

Edited by Starbomber109, 26 December 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#4 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:31 AM

No chairs?

#5 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:15 AM

I find it difficult to believe that it took Steiner 3 hours to burn through 10 trillion LRMs.

I think someone is inflating numbers, because ten trillion is about 30 minutes of continuous firing, max, for their blasted LRM Assaults.

#6 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostPadre Balistique, on 26 December 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

I find it difficult to believe that it took Steiner 3 hours to burn through 10 trillion LRMs.

I think someone is inflating numbers, because ten trillion is about 30 minutes of continuous firing, max, for their blasted LRM Assaults.

Some of them were waiting for locks.

#7 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:34 PM

For victory!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users