Steam Pack Problem

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:21 AM

This is probably a typical new person mistake. I bought the Steam pack that's on sale. However, Steam thinks that I don't have MWO on my computer. That's because I downloaded it directly, and not through Steam. So, do I have to do a complete re-install, or, is the Steam pack I just bought more like a patch? I seriously hope it's not a complete re-install because this game took forever to download. A quick answer to this would be awesome so that I don't miss the one day sale. Thanks.

#2 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostJamico, on 26 December 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

This is probably a typical new person mistake. I bought the Steam pack that's on sale. However, Steam thinks that I don't have MWO on my computer. That's because I downloaded it directly, and not through Steam. So, do I have to do a complete re-install, or, is the Steam pack I just bought more like a patch? I seriously hope it's not a complete re-install because this game took forever to download. A quick answer to this would be awesome so that I don't miss the one day sale. Thanks.

You need to install it via steam as well. Then "play" it via steam and enter the account you want the packs to go to (your normal log in details). A pop up will come up asking do you want to redeem the packs. Once you've redeemed them you can delete the steam version if you want.

Edit: I kept my steam version so I didn't have to dl it all from scratch as I have awful internet as I live out in the country. ;)

Edited by Aramuside, 26 December 2016 - 12:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users