Matchmaker: Rather Be Pug'd In A Light Against 12 Assaults Than This.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:47 PM

Since the hot fix I get an exaggerated number of matches where I just see 1 team play and the other just spectates.

What I see is not tonnage imbalance. Its rather the skill level and the quality of the builds is heavily biased to one side.

I'd rather get a full random match that would periodically pit 12 lights VS 12 assault than this. It is a consistent ROFLstomp almost every match (again) after a good period earlier this month.

Even then I had matches where I Picked up more than half of the enemy team myself and barely grabbed a win with the narrowest of the margins.

Edited by Pilotasso, 26 December 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#2 Canniballistic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

The matchmaking system really is the worst.

I convinced some friends to download MWO and its so disappointing to waiting 10+ minutes to get into a game, only to be curb stomped.

They need to bring back smaller game sizes.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

View PostCanniballistic, on 08 January 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

The matchmaking system really is the worst.

I convinced some friends to download MWO and its so disappointing to waiting 10+ minutes to get into a game, only to be curb stomped.

They need to bring back smaller game sizes.

Need more information. Is this the solo, group or faction play queue? If you are all dropping in FP, stop it since they will only be able to take trial mechs, and.. in FP more than GP, .. sad panda

Do not know why newbies are dropping in FP, did they not read the popup? FYI, no MM in FP. Your friends need to cut their teeth in solo queue, or purchase some premium time and take them into private matches.

Posted Image

And no, MWO is not a 1-2 friend and group friendly game for Group and Faction Play, especially if using Trial mechs, more so IS mech than Clan mechs. Being part of a unit or making your friends list longer with acquaintances and forming larger groups can help some, or taking said larger group into Private matches.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 January 2017 - 03:40 PM.

#4 Canniballistic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 08 January 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Is this the solo, group or faction play queue?

And no, MWO is not a 1-2 friend and group friendly game for Group and Faction Play, especially if using Trial mechs, more so IS mech than Clan mechs. Being part of a unit or making your friends list longer with acquaintances and forming larger groups can help some, or taking said larger group into Private matches.

Edited for less patronizing.

This is group queues for quick matches.
The game not being "1-2 friend group friendly" isnt good enough. I can think of multiple ways they can improve the match making system such as letting people queue with multiple mechs or as I said here, bringing back the smaller teams as alternate match ups when it fails to place you in a full game.

There are obvious issues with the system that anyone with half a brain cell can spot and its nothing new, and now after convincing 3 people to download the game, when we all have to sit there in queue not even knowing if it will work let alone how long it will take, I feel like that idiot who suggested we all play a dead game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users