45 replies to this topic

#41 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 January 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

This is glorious!
I can imagine how he works hard to overheat and shutdown a mech, then runs out to 180meter minimum range to lob a volley, then runs back in again to shut them down again.
Absolutely glorious!

If i remember correctly his mech was ~85 kph (so not enough time to get anywhere) -- but he did a bang-up job of hiding in the back.

Edited by nehebkau, 14 January 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

ac2 is kind of like lerms, while you can hit targets clear across the map with it. its actually better to get closer, at least inside optimal range. the very low damage means that you want all of it to hit. if you are doing machine gun damage with your ac2, you are doing it wrong. ac1 damage is a little better but still the ac2 does not lend itself to being ammo efficient, so you are just wasting rounds and damage potential. though its ok if you just want to suppress a mech, such as to help a distant team mate (of course, why were you in that situation to begin with).

Edited by LordNothing, 14 January 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#43 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 14 January 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

If i remember correctly his mech was ~85 kph (so not enough time to get anywhere) -- but he did a bang-up job of hiding in the back.

go figured. :D

#44 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 January 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

i once brought a mech with a 9 point alpha into fp. i believe it was a phoenix hawk with 2 ac2s and a medium laser. funny thing was it did quite well. that may have been because as soon as they got a look at my load out simply switched targets, moments later i was standing over their broken corpse.

Something similar happened to me when i dropped in my troll build (1 ERLL) recently. I sneaked up on ebon jag that was suppresing my team and opened fire on this back. He turened around, looked at me, and then turned back and kept suppresing my team. I don't think i was ever more insulted in MWO :P

#45 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:10 PM

This is like having a guy in EVE outfit a ship with every weapon possible so he can be "effective at all ranges..."

#46 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Saw a mistlynx last night, 1 er small, 1 er mid, 1 lurm 5 and 1 ton of ammo and 1 srm 4 with 1 ton of ammo. He lasted about 20 seconds when engaged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users