• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

Welcome to the world of Hohenems.
Posted Image

An isolated bastion of the Free Rasalhague Republic deep inside clan space.

An important part of the fragmented and rapidly dissolving FRR, this world was a testament to the tenacity of the Rasalhaguian Heroes in their doomed battle against the clans.

The Clanners, well aware of this symbol of hope, launched a full scale invasion on it tonight.

Their initial assault was successful as they trampled the Star League/Inner Sphere Militia forces guarding it. They pushed the bar all the way to edge and it appeared as if the world would be secured. Another victory in their endless march to Terra.

Yet even as the Inner Sphere Milita fell to the clans, the FRR's distress call reached the forces of the Royal KungsArme. It just so happened that the Jarl's Longship happened to be in a nearby system on a ISEN training mission and so the Jarl answered the call.

The Jarl rarely had any luck fighting during the NA TZ Phase, as the Inner Sphere Militia loses usually washed out any gains he struggled to make. But today he was feeling unusually combative, as aboard his mighty longship was the renowned Mercenary Pilot BANDITB17.

And so with Bandit, a few of his Thegns and some new recruits he was training, the Jarl landed on Hohenems with a mere hour and a half to force the clanners back (before I assume they get the Omega cannon on line).

Posted Image

Upon landing the Jarl and his RKA forces found the remnants of an elite MJ12 recon drop. Joining up with these abeled veterans the bolstered force approached their first objective.

The clans had taken and fortified an Omega Cannon in The Sulfurous Rift and unless the fores of the RKA could re-take it.. it would soon be turned online and force the FRR/RKA from this world.

Assault the Sulfurous Rift on a good day could be problematic, but this was not a good day.. for guarding was one of the most elite Clan units - Kell's Commandos or Kcom.

Undeterred BanditB17, master mercenary, spurred the defenders to action and despite a few early brutal waves the Jarl and companions caught up and surpassed the Kcom defenders, liberating the fortress.

Posted Image

With KCom defeated this broke the back of the Clanner Defense and creating an opening for the world to be saved.

Fresh off the success against KCom, the heroes dropped again - this time against ARC7. The RKA forces easily handled them and there was no reason to even take a SS it was so one sided.

With two solid victories under their belt it was starting to look hopeful, but time was working against the RKA forces. Soon the phase would end and unless the Jarl won one more battle, it would still fall to the clans - despite his efforts.

So they attacked Hellbore Springs with only 18 minutes to win. Defending it was the veteran Mercenary Star unit.

(MS) knew that they did not even have to beat the RKA, they merely had to draw the fight out for more than 18 minutes.

To make matters worse the Jarl had lost Bandit and some of his MJ12 support from the previous match and they had been replaced with poorly trained and armed Inner Sphere Militia pilots.

The Jarl rallied his men and they charge, and charged and charged again.. and with 1 minute and 20 seconds remaining they defeated the hated Mercenary Star clanners and kept Hohenems safe for another day.

Posted Image

In the grand scheme of things, a victory so small as to escape notice regularly, but for the besieged forces of the RKA - every inch counts and so celebrations ensued.

The FRR would live for another day.

#2 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:50 AM

RKA historians were able to chronicle the fight versus ARC7.

Posted Image

#3 Psycho Cop

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 76 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:01 AM

After being destroyed by an elite ISEN lance in a clan scouting scouting assignment, I've seen the errors of my ways.
The Innersphere tactics and teamwork still are far above the clan's false sense of superiority.
Although clan technology makes you think you can destroy a whole lance by yourself, individual skills are no match for team coordination.

The next couple of weeks I will be reinforcing the FRR stand against our long lost children of Kerensky.

#4 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:11 AM

dont all planets flip at once?how can one planet stay uncaptured when the others change oO?

#5 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:13 AM

We stopped all four planets from flipping. But Hohenems was the one we were trying to save.

#6 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

Well done Mech and company. I have been impressed with your coordination and skill every time I drop against you guys. Keep up the good work, it is fun fighting good teams, win or lose.

#7 Dr Marie Delacroix

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationVon Braun

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:12 AM

Looks like I'm not allowed to take the evening off and play xbox -_-

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

You should stream Xbox too unwary.

#9 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostDr Marie Delacroix, on 30 December 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Looks like I'm not allowed to take the evening off and play xbox Posted Image

Been a long time since bone-norman Unwary. Time for another all nighter Posted Image

#10 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

Mercenary Debriefing
Pilot: BanditB17
Contract: Free Worlds League subcontracted to the Free Rasalhague Republic

The KCom match was fun as hell. After dropping in wave 1 with the wrong mech (my medium brawler) KCom's choke-point defense was so strong we only killed maybe 3 of them before all 12 of us fell. We managed to deal enough damage to majority of their team that they opted to charge out of the gate at us. I called into comms that we could use this to our advantage by playing our corner tight and dispatching their mechs as efficiently as possible without losing armor. After the score was evened up (except for Odin who suicided somewhere on the other side of the map for some reason) seeing a majority of our mechs above 80% was inspiring.

We pushed the choke again, got beaten down again but took MORE mechs with us. Was able to dispatch their charge AGAIN with most of our mechs at 100%. The third push, instead of getting wiped out immediately, our squad managed to penetrate their line. I called out into comms that every single mech they kill at that point was a bonus as they managed to flip the score back in our favor. We did NOT reinforce and waited patiently as the brave souls within the gates killed mech after mech before falling.

This is where the tonnage restrictions for clan give the IS forces a rare advantage. Late-game forced a majority of their forces into lights and mediums while we were in heavies, and I had saved my favorite mech, the WHM-6D 4LPL for last. Every single mech they exposed was struck down with a furiosity that only the Jarl himself could muster from his men. With 2 minutes to spare, the Omega generator fell and we reveled in our victory.

------

After annihilating the initial ARC7 push, my freeborn child woke up screaming due to congestion. I asked Jarl Dane if I was going to be needed further and he released me. I left my mech walking against a wall somewhere and when I returned I was told the tale of the valiant defense of my mech by a few brave pilots, and how they left a pile of bodies of those who tried to destroy me. Master baited.

------

Terms are NET30 with a 15% penalty added for each month my payment is late. Please remit payment to my account as soon as possible to avoid a disruption in my service.

Edited by BanditB17, 30 December 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#11 Ferrous Idaho

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

Fantastic war stories from the front lines! Need more heroes leading the charge and Mercs backing them up.
Last Phase Antares Scorpions hired their entire company out to the highest IS bidder. Maybe Marine Mechs will be getting out there this phase.

Edited by Ferrous Idaho, 30 December 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#12 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

View PostBanditB17, on 30 December 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

(except for Odin who suicided somewhere on the other side of the map for some reason)

The reason was alcohol.

#13 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:46 AM

atleast thats a valid space viking reason (one of the very few)

#14 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

Although we were able to buy a few more days for refugees and equipment to be transferred off world, Hohenems has finally fallen to the clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users