Why Clans Always Lose In Faction Play?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Nanoswimz

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:48 AM

I simple cant understand. I always trying my best, but ts not enough. Every game IS stomping, im seriosly thinking about change faction/drop the game again.

And sometimes, i want put IS weapons on my clanners, because in most cases they overall better.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

Looks at Inner Sphere map....

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 01 January 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#3 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:03 AM

Yes. Changing to an IS faction is a great idea that will surely solve all your problems winning. You should definitely give it a try over there and report back on your findings.

#4 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:33 AM

Assume trolling but if not try the following
1) take the lurms off the mechs, all of them. Replace with lazorz. Or if you cant aim for shiznit then SRMs and LBX
2) put all the armour on the side of the mech you generally face toward the enemy. For most people that's the front, for some others...
3) turn your in game voip on and buy a microphone. Do not use this new functionality to chat with your team about how OP IS is.
4) when shooting the enemy continue to move. Don't worry the engine can handle the power requirements of both functions.
5) press r for massive damage
6) play with a team. Preferably one that knows which side of the mech to face towards enemy re point 2
7) shoot what your teammates shoot, even if your aim is bad and you wouldn't normally hit, enemy avoiding teammates might make them walk into your shots... Its like free damage.
8) if you get shot at, there are options other than pressing S as hard as possible. Try identifying what shot you and take it from there.

#5 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

I am assuming this post is directed at invasion mode... if its for scouting, some points may still apply...

Lets go through the universal-equally-applicable-all-encompassing checklist that applies to either side:

1) Are you bringing mechs specifically tailored to be serviceable, if not optimal, for a given map/mode?

2) Are you grouping up with 7+ players that bear no resemblance to brown-skinned tubers, but are average, if not competent players?

3) Once grouped up, do you use VOIP/TS/smoke signals to communicate, coordinate, and strategize?

If you answeted yes to all of the questions and you still lose more than you win:

1) Do you typically get 3+ kills and/or kmdd?

2) Do you typically score 900+ damage?

3) Is your computer capable of running this game smoothly at 40+fps?

4) Do you own at least 8 distinct, FP-serviceable mechs right now?

Okay, now the breakdown. Note again that none of these refer to your tech.

Part I: if you are not putting yourself in a position to win, you are unlikely to win unless your opponent is *less* prepared than you. Will changing sides change that?

Part II: If you currently cannot pull your own weight, you may be the weakest link, sorry to say, Changing sides probably won't change that.

Look just like good players are positive force multipliers in FP (expert player gets 4xmechs to kill enemy), so are all the things that hinder a team. Bad communication? Negative force multiplier over 4 waves. Think its bad dropping in QP on Polar with SL and SRMs (humor me, its an example)? Try dropping with 4 such mechs in FP on polar...

The point being, you can't blame a game if you bring a knife to a proverbial gunfight. Maybe you have been really unlucky, satisfied this entire checklist and always face a better premade... seeing the stats for factions, i find this unlikely, but i suppose its possible...

Anyway, i would not change sides unless it allows you to satisfy more of a checklist like this...

Edited by MovinTarget, 01 January 2017 - 06:58 AM.

#6 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Piggy-back off a team, drop with one, or join one. Don't know what you're talking about bud...

That said...try dropping alongside MercStar.

#7 misanthrop0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Silver Champ
  • CS 2022 Silver Champ
  • 128 posts
  • Locationde cgn

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Please lock ONE target!

https://mwomercs.com...c/242707-is-op/

Edited by misanthrop0815, 03 January 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#8 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

Anecdotes are not data.

That being said, I'd really like PGI to open up clan weapons to IS mechs+the other way around (I'd really like to use a CUAC 20, just once, on my rifleman, just to see what would happen....)

Edited by Starbomber109, 03 January 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#9 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

View PostNanoswimz, on 01 January 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

I simple cant understand. I always trying my best, but ts not enough. Every game IS stomping, im seriosly thinking about change faction/drop the game again.

And sometimes, i want put IS weapons on my clanners, because in most cases they overall better.

No, no, no.

Please disregard all the bad advice given by bad players in this thread. Why do you think they are at low tiers such as "1" and "2"? There is not even a tier 3 player among those mouthing off here, let alone tier 4 and 5. I'm the only one on this thread you can trust.

First of all, remember that this is a game. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Wonder why fun starts with "F", same as "FREEDOM"? That's no coincidence. It's because the two are closely related.

When you have fun playing a Tuber Wolf with one LBX-5, a C/AC-2, an ER Large Laser, a Streak SRM 6 and two MGs, who says you can't?

When everybody is huddling together and always goes through one gate together at the same time, but you like to do something else, who says you can't?

When you like to do your own thing, who yells at you to "follow orders" via chat or VOIP?

Who always advises you to "join the collective", or something?

Conformist lemmings,that's who. That's facism, pure and simple. They hate FREEDOM, everything Clan Wolf stands for. Fortunately, you don't have to take all that. First of all, the settings allow you to turn off in-game VOIP and chat. Do that. Think of how nice and free your games will be then without anybody bossing you around while you enjoy your free time. You already have enough getting bossed around by your parents, teachers and your boss and customers. You are not a number on a kill list, you are a FREE man.

#10 -PUSH-

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 34 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOver yonder

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

Just yelling FREEEDOOMM or Leeeeeeroyyy Jenkinssss wont cut it in this game.

I should know coz I tend t do that a lot!! :-P

Find a unt that has at least 1 patient "non assholy" person and have that person go over your mechs and loaduts with you. From there take it to the training and learn to stomp stuff like a proppa Clanner.

Edited by -PUSH-, 03 January 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#11 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Real helpful.

Look, the map suggests Clans are winning hardcore. Perfect.

But if you're personally having an issue, try this:

-turn on VOIP, and use it; short of that, type and communicate
-check out the various teams which organize and drop-get on their Teamspeaks and Discords; short of that, use Looking For Group
-focus fire on what the drop commander calls; or call targets yourself-aim for open sections
-don't go alone-always travel with a partner

Come check out the major units. We're always looking for people. We can help you succeed.

#12 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

What timezone do you play in?
When do you play?
Who do you play with?
Do you have a headset?
Do you have Teamspeak?
What mechs do you have and how are they set up?

I am pretty sure that once you manage to get over your frustration and ask for help to go and get some wins that there will be people willing to help you achieve that.

While I am also not sure if your comment is actually meant serious I do believe that there is a good enough chance for someone on clan side always loosing when they play. Albeit a slim one.

Edited by Sixpack, 05 January 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#13 actionking

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 79 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Ich mag Züge !

#14 Orion3025

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

Clan trolls are OP. Please nerf.

#15 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Mostly because of PUGS who waste their Mechs by reinforcing. -.-

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 06 January 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Mostly because of PUGS who waste their Mechs by reinforcing. -.-

Yup.

#17 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

you should join marik.

#18 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:48 AM

Pretty sure the dude is trolling... according to leaderboard, he has a near break-even W/L and KDR, though with only 20 games its hardly a robust dataset, but still, hard to call it a stomp either way when he is right around 50%...

#19 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostStarbomber109, on 03 January 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

Anecdotes are not data.

That being said, I'd really like PGI to open up clan weapons to IS mechs+the other way around (I'd really like to use a CUAC 20, just once, on my rifleman, just to see what would happen....)

I know what happens.. you through the UAC20 Clan into the trashcan... regret, that you bought one... and put your ac20's back in your mech, because they are so much better

#20 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

I find it funny that it is a founder that is crying about not being able too get a good match. Who cares about the tier at this point and if he thinks it will be any better on IS side let him try it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users