9 replies to this topic

#1 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...524e01dd580c5f9
2 UAC 5 1 PPC XL 255 with 5 tons of ammo. I used the Shadowhawk 5M as the stand in, the two spare tons and two AC5s are stand ins for the UACs. I called her lucky seven because 2 AC5s + 1 PPC=7 barrels. Posted Image

Edited by Garfuncle, 03 January 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#2 ELETTRO

• PipPip
  • The Demon
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

53 tons total build ?

#3 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostELETTRO, on 03 January 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

53 tons total build ?

The two spare tons turn the ac5s into uac5s which will be in the left and right torsos on the Bushwacker hero to allow for an XL 255

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostGarfuncle, on 03 January 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

The two spare tons turn the ac5s into uac5s which will be in the left and right torsos on the Bushwacker hero to allow for an XL 255

Without knowing the mech, I can't say how wise the XL may or may not be. But, being a medium mech you'll probably be able to get away with that without any real issues.

As for attack power, I'm not sure if that build will have enough punch, but I wont knock it either because I've got some builds similar to it. It looks like it will be a hit and fade mech, not one to want to stay out too long in an engagement. Considering how cool those UAC5s will handle, have you contemplated replacing it with an ERPPC? Long range, no minimum range, faster bolt travel speeds, etc. Yes, it's hotter, but a single ERPPC shouldn't be too hot for your proposed build.

I wish you luck with your Bushwacker. It's a mech I would have loved to have preordered myself.

#5 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

I don't think that build is going to be any good.

80 kph in a medium is in the slowish sluggish department.
The Bushwacker geometry means it will likely suffer from extreme side torso vulnerability, XL bad idea.

#6 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostTesunie, on 03 January 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Without knowing the mech, I can't say how wise the XL may or may not be. But, being a medium mech you'll probably be able to get away with that without any real issues.

As for attack power, I'm not sure if that build will have enough punch, but I wont knock it either because I've got some builds similar to it. It looks like it will be a hit and fade mech, not one to want to stay out too long in an engagement. Considering how cool those UAC5s will handle, have you contemplated replacing it with an ERPPC? Long range, no minimum range, faster bolt travel speeds, etc. Yes, it's hotter, but a single ERPPC shouldn't be too hot for your proposed build.

I wish you luck with your Bushwacker. It's a mech I would have loved to have preordered myself.

Yeah I'm going for maximum amount of burst pinpoint projectile damage with the UACs and PPC like the Black Widow 2 UAC 5/ 2 PPC build minus 1 PPC but 15 tons lighter.

Edited by Garfuncle, 03 January 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#7 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostBrizna, on 03 January 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

I don't think that build is going to be any good.

80 kph in a medium is in the slowish sluggish department.
The Bushwacker geometry means it will likely suffer from extreme side torso vulnerability, XL bad idea.

Which is pretty hilarious if you consider that the design was supposed to make them harder to hit.

#8 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostSidefire, on 03 January 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Which is pretty hilarious if you consider that the design was supposed to make them harder to hit.

They probably will be harder to hit, if they are staring down their opponents. But, much like the Crab, it will probably have large side torsos, especially if you show the enemy your large side profile. Might work best with a Std engine, but wont know until it actually comes out. For all we know, it may end up being all CT, or maybe a perfect blend to let it shift damage to all torso sections naturally and easily...

#9 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

xb10 and 2 large pulse.. possible

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9d17d9744113b96

or drop jump jets, top up the armor and replace lbx10 with ac10:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5586665e3e6b6a8

Edited by CD0UG, 17 January 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#10 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

it is an IS mech, it will all be dependent on what Quirks they give it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users