Faction Play Map Cheat Sheet To Help You Choose The Right Drop Deck

No replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

With all the maps we can now play in Invasion mode, I thought it would be a good idea to help break them down. This way you can better design and select different drop decks for different map types. I encourage everyone build at least 2 drop decks. That way you don't get stuck with a long range energy boat on a hot short range map, or a short range SRM-boat on a long range cold map.

Posted Image

I broke it down into three main categories:

1. Yellow maps are basically maps I think are good for ballistics, or low-heat/high DPS builds.

2. Teal maps are ones I think are good for high-heat energy boats.

3. Non-colored are maps I feel are flexible in weapon type, but you should check the range column.

The range column is where you will often find teams fighting from. Keep in mind that this is just a rule of thumb. You can make short range builds work on long range maps and vice versa. It's just harder, partically if you're pugging. I also included maps I thought were good, bad, or just ok (hit or miss) for LRMs.

Anyway feel free to use this to help make the drop deck building and selection quicker and easier for you. You might even disagree with this in which case I encourage you to share your own thoughts.

Purchasing more drop decks will let you make even more granular decisions. For example you might play a map on defense differently than when you're on attack. You might want to create a Conquest mode drop deck. Or maybe there is just this one weird map that you think plays completely differently than all the others. Either way, breaking it down like this will help make you more effective and most importantly allow you to have more fun.

Edited by Jman5, 04 January 2017 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users