New Player, Need Help~

19 replies to this topic

#1 FuriousBullets

Rookie

• Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

Is anyone recruiting for group play in the faction fights? I could use some pointers on how to play this game properly. I didnt do too well being by myself and I noticed the other teams mainly role in groups of 4-8 premades so it would be cool if I could find one to join.

Yes I have a mic

Yes my mechs are trash (need help)

No im not 18 or under

Yes I really like this game but losing every 20 minute match is kinda lame

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

Talk to the 2323 guys or Isen, Im sure they would get you sorted out

#3 FuriousBullets

Rookie

• Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

where would I go to find these "2323" guys or Isen?

#4 1st to Die

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Do a search on the forums for their unit tag. You will find a post or several requesting recruits. That is the quickest way.

#5 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

You can find us all on the FRR/Kurita hub.

S0 and the newly created CSC are units that accept new-comers without much training.

If you need help building a deck our creating good mechs for CW I recommend you check this thread and the linked spreadsheet in the first post.

Headhunter Blood Ravens are recruiting.

But to really contact anyone the best place is to come to the Teamspeak hub, look for some one in that unit and message them. Or drop in the mixed drops and meet some guys.

#6 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Agree with the Jarl (that's Mech the Dane), just don't be afraid to sound new... Do your best and understand that this game takes some man-hours to get the hang of...

If you don't have a lot of mechs, you might want to focus on group drop quick play matches, they are less intense, letting you acclimate to group maneuvers (assuming you get on the TS hub and get into a group) so that when you get into FP you'll be much more comfortable and feel like you know what you are doing...

Right now in FP there are the experienced players that group up and know how to roll and the seals they club... there is very little in between.

If you *do* have a handle on the game in general and this is just the next logical step, still, get on TS and listen and learn.. even if you are noobish, they'll take you over a potato with no comms and suicidal tendencies....

#7 FuriousBullets

Rookie

• Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the help, wish me luck

#8 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostMordale, on 04 January 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

..shameless recruitment post..

If you don't think you'll get far in this game and mediocrity is too far a goal for you, but you want to hang around with friendly individuals of similar skill.. then PL isn't a bad unit to join, they aren't FRR related though.

#10 Harambe McHarambeface Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 04 January 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

If you don't think you'll get far in this game and mediocrity is too far a goal for you, but you want to hang around with friendly individuals of similar skill.. then PL isn't a bad unit to join, they aren't FRR related though.

There's a reason PL gets called a certain Legion

Posted Image

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

View PostFuriousPuppy, on 04 January 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Thanks for the help, wish me luck

We were all new once. We've all made bad mechs, all got killed early every match, all been there. We get salty with each other in and out of game sometimes because we've been regularly shooting each other in the face and arguing the same arguments for 4 years. We measure epeens a lot too.

However there's a lot of people happy to help you get on the right track. It's a steep learning curve but if you had the initiative to actually ask for help, that puts you way, way ahead of 99% of the people you'll be playing against. Due props and good luck.

#12 Burt0n

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:25 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 04 January 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

You can find us all on the FRR/Kurita hub.

S0 and the newly created CSC are units that accept new-comers without much training.

If you need help building a deck our creating good mechs for CW I recommend you check this thread and the linked spreadsheet in the first post.

Headhunter Blood Ravens are recruiting.

But to really contact anyone the best place is to come to the Teamspeak hub, look for some one in that unit and message them. Or drop in the mixed drops and meet some guys.

Thanks for including us Dane.

PM sent to you Furious

#13 Leeroy Lazer Vomit Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

Feel free to drop into the 2323 channels on the FRR hub, our drops are open to anyone, so if there is a drop going and there is room we'll let you tag along and help you out as best we can with advice etc...

#14 Lionsroar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

The FRR hub is a good place to find help. There are a number of good units there. Also read Kin3ticX's MWO and CW guides. They are very comprehensive.

https://docs.google....d.g263f6502b_00

https://docs.google....9cf7a47f5_204_0

#15 RomeoOscarXray16

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Wow, look at all these replies. K, so without reading all of them - in short - you can go at it solo. THE MOST important thing to remember in this game is TEAM WORK. Do not run off by yourself, build you mech right (this can cost allot of CBills). You sir can have the smallest mech in this game and gain HUGE rewards if you run as a team and learn to avoid getting shot too much.
Oh and you DO NOT have to belong to a unit to get the highest rewards. I however choose a unit for the simple reason of others to play the game with.

#16 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

cssf is currently accepting newer people. mainly it was made to organize some pugs into a viable force for op great dane, but now its just me, so i can help you get set up right if you need it.

Edited by naterist, 06 January 2017 - 11:32 PM.

#17 Widowmaker1972

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

I'm in the same boat as Furrious Puppy.
New the game (ish)

Mic? yes.
over 18? I'm 44 (ol' school Mechwarrior)

Mechs? Meh. I'm liking Shadow Hawk in my collecton.

My experience is growing I am learning quickly. Ilke support and second line mech activity. Not so much a brawler.

#18 CassidySkye

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Throw me into the newbro mix.

Yes Mic
Yes over 18 (32 to be exact)

Currently working on the recommended dropdecks.

I've read most of the suggested guides. Just looking for a group to play with so I stop getting rolled by groups in pug matches. I'd identify as casual, since I don't have the time to invest in becoming competitive, but winning is more fun than losing.

#19 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

Drop in the FRR/Kurita!

#20 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

Yep - FRR Hub is by far the best place to start if you are, starting out.

From there you can join one of the units that live there or move to somewhere else, but the foundation takes a good few months to build upon IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users