Newbie Looking For A Unit/family To Join

4 replies to this topic

#1 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2cfc8a53ec7e5b9

My primary mech's loadout, I joined MWO for nearly a month, after trying different play styles, for now doing some mid-range fire support feels more comfortable for me (i can play other role if needed, just not as good), while still in Tier 5, i can do 200~300 damage on average, 400~500 sometimes (if work with a good team) in quick games, now looking to join faction play, i can usually play on UTC 1pm~3pm each day (evening in UTC+8), sometimes available in other hours, but it is uncertain.

Any invitations/suggestion is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by ingramli, 04 January 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#2 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:37 AM

Well if you want you can give Midgard Inc. a try.
We are a small unit, "newbie" friendly we got both EU and US players.
My unit is not that big on faction play though but some of us tend to join if there can be a full premade group made in house Marik.

#3 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...50791ccf9ddc45d
loadout updated.

Invitation is appreciated, but i am still struggling to bring out a full drop deck of mech (i currently own 3 mechs, the gift Centurion (NCIX), Black Widow and Ebon Jaguar (Clan mech), if i have to bring out a full drop deck now, i have to add 2 trial mech to make up for it, may be i should grind a little longer to bring out 2 more fully upgraded mech before i consider about faction play?

#4 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

Indeed. You need more mechs really. Keep grinding and work on picking up another two Warhammers to compliment your BW. A drop deck of 3 warhammers and the cent could work in the short term.

Grinding 3 x warhammers will give you time to master the chassis and help you be closer to the level you need to be in FW. I'd strongly recommend you avoid FW before you can do that though. You will just find it too hard (not a reflection on you, but the FW game mode is not very forgiving).

Edited by nagdamnit, 05 January 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#5 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Nag is right (hate saying that), concentrate on learning the basics and giving yourself more Mech options before venturing into FW. I know its tempting to jump straight in, but remember there is no MatchMaker in FW like there is in Quick Play so you'll be bumping into top tier teams bringing their A game, and you really don't want to fight them using Trial Mechs and not knowing the basics of map movement, otherwise it will sour your experience too much.

When you have a solid drop deck, jump into the different Faction Teamspeaks and say hello to people. The vast majority of people on them will be more than helpful and will usually try and get you in groups so you can learn from experienced players, and much more importantly, find people you can get on with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users