#61 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:44 AM

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 05 January 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

You kids will complain about anything these days, yeah we should totally nerf the most mediocre clan heavy...

Considering he is a kid himself...

#62 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:02 AM

The quirks need to go on the loyalty pods

RIP

In the last thread and you can skim through and see the potatoes who have no clue and outright show their window licking potato understanding the game here: https://mwomercs.com...s/page__st__160

#63 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

View PostTristan Winter, on 06 January 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Also, RIP viable Summoner that didn't involve PPC nipples or SRM boating. What's dead may never die.

Bruh, if I can own face in a Marauder using two SRM6, four SPL, and a single ERPPC all on an isXL engine...you can do similar in a Summoner. Let's not exaggerate things.

#64 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 05 January 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

What do you mean finally, have you not had it in your inventory since November?
Why take so long to come to this conclusion on the Suckoner?

Great at doing one thing. meh at everything else.

You mean it is only great at

ERPPC ... which rules MWO currently.
SRM Beast for brawling
Arguably a great dual UAC10 platform prior to the nerfs (Ammo limited).

If LRMs are ... nevermind puke.

#65 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 06 January 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Arguably a great dual UAC10 platform prior to the nerfs (Ammo limited).

Still waiting for those ammo quirks so I can run Summoner lore builds without feeling like I'm running a PPC Mist Lynx with 45 tons of metal strapped to me to slow me down.

#66 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

are we really at the point where we are poating about nerfing a mech with the ability to have 2 torso mounted ppcs?

this is really what we're talking about?

#67 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

View Postebolachan, on 06 January 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

are we really at the point where we are poating about nerfing a mech with the ability to have 2 torso mounted ppcs?

We're discussing nerfs for a mech that is too good at trading. Its the old poptart problem, it combines the best way of dealing damage with the best form of defense. Except now, there is very little that still plays that way to counter it.

Its a thin line, though. Essentially the Summoner needs this as it can't really compete otherwise, but I can see it might need to be toned down a bit.

#68 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 06 January 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Bruh, if I can own face in a Marauder using two SRM6, four SPL, and a single ERPPC all on an isXL engine...you can do similar in a Summoner. Let's not exaggerate things.

That argument is, and always has been, invalid.
"Bruh, I am doing just fine in my Summoner / Kintaro / King Crab / Commando armed with MPLs / PPCs / LRM20s/ SRM4s."

I'm sure you're doing fine. The question isn't whether any individual is able to "own face" with any particular build. The question is whether Joe Mechwarrior is able to run a build like that on a Summoner and be successful against an equally skilled Bob Mechwarrior in any other Clan heavy.

#69 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:14 AM

I usually don't care a whole lot about what PGI does considering their "early for money" model, but putting those pods behind a absolutely massive paywall for a whole goddamn year is nothing less but unacceptable, imo.

I'm ok with the other loyalty variants, because they don't add a whole lot to the game... The summoner pods lift the mech on a whole new level though, making it vastly superior to the arm PPC variant people without the biggest loyalty bonus have to use. That's a no go in my eyes.

#70 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

Even with energy nips the Summoner is still a glass cannon. All you have to do is aim.

Is it viable with energy torso weapon pods? Yes.

But OP it is not, and it does not need to have it's performance penalized.Posted Image

Advice to those who are crying for a "nerf" :
Just shoot the dang thing. Problem solved.

#71 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

And side note (and OFF TOPIC but since other ppl here are discussing I'll add my ¥2):

Summoner SRM brawler is just "ok" but nowhere near great: any SRM brawler has absolutely zero need for JJs. JJ's on a brawler is just 'wasted tonnage.'

Look on metamechs site and it lists the "SPLAT SMN" as a tier 3 mech, the "unreliable and/or mediocre mechs" category.
It's in that category for a reason.

Not to mention that everyone still says "anything the Summoner can do, the Timber Wolf can do better."
Pop tarting is the only thing a SMN can do well.

Now that the Summoner can pop tart as good as a Timber Wolf, people cry foul?!
WTF is wrong with people??Posted Image
{And this is a rhetorical question. An answer is not needed nor desired.}

#72 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

Do we see a huge amount of people picking the Summoner and ruining matches? Nope to both.

To get 1000 damage with two PPC's @ 30 point of damage (within range)... that's a lotta hits. It's deserved.

I've been harassed by a PPC poptart nipple summoner on Polar. It made me have to create a tactic to deal with him (just like any pop tart).

I like the diversity, mechs that's wouldn't normally be played need an edge.

That said, PGI really need to get to work on the IS range too. Make each variant stand out more so people can tune them to how they like. Some people like energy points, some people like missiles or ballistics.

#73 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 06 January 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

In the last thread and you can skim through and see the potatoes who have no clue and outright show their window licking potato understanding the game here: https://mwomercs.com...s/page__st__160

Ah yes, my old thread, where the consensus seemed to be that I was just a really really good player (like, top 1% to 0.1%), despite being fairly mediocre in everything but the Summoner.

Edited by Zergling, 07 January 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#74 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:52 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 January 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

What does nerfing an OP pod combination have to do with unlocking JJs on the Summoner?

Because it's just an opinion that the pods are OP. They aren't of course.

#75 Warglbargl

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

I cannot wait until everyone has access to the loyalty pods.

The torrential outpouring of ermagherd summoner OP tears is going to be truly amazing.

#76 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 January 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Having finally tested PPC nip Summoners against other mechs, it really is no contest on what mech is the best poptart. The Summoner is hands down better than both the Timby and the Night Gyr to the point that there really isn't a good counter for it without mistakes being made by that pilot. While I would love to see these pods released so PGI can get better telemetry for just how broken it is, it really needs to be reigned in because these things are ridiculously powerful with their combination of speed, high mounts, good enough JJs, and DPS.

I would've searched for the old thread about this, but the search function for this forum sucks beyond belief.

Did you test against the Hunchie iic and Huntsman? Cooling capacity and quirks being the difference I imagine but think those two mediums at least punch above their weight.

I would agree with you that it is the best poptart in the game right now but does that automatically mean in needs to be brought down? Take the Kodi. There are people who won't rest until it is absolute garbage and that doesn't do anything to improve the game. I actually like that different mechs have different specialties or that certain ones stand out in one area.

#77 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

Add negative cERPPC quirks to the loyalty torsos. Add a decent laser burn duration quirk to compensate so they do not hurt the chassis overall. :P

#78 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

I was jumpsniping in an arm-mounted PPC Summoner a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised how effective it was.

I can only imagine how much better it with high-mounted torso hardpoints.

#79 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

View Postebolachan, on 06 January 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Are you not aware of the Summoners quirks? You must not be.

#80 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,763 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostMacClearly, on 07 January 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

Did you test against the Hunchie iic and Huntsman? Cooling capacity and quirks being the difference I imagine but think those two mediums at least punch above their weight.

It is much better than the Hunchie, there is a clear difference between the cooling that allows the Summoner to keep up DPS where a Hunchie couldn't.

View PostMacClearly, on 07 January 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

I would agree with you that it is the best poptart in the game right now but does that automatically mean in needs to be brought down?

When the there is no real counter to a mech, yes, it needs to be brought down.

View PostLightfoot, on 07 January 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

Because it's just an opinion that the pods are OP. They aren't of course.

And it's just your opinion that they aren't. The difference is I can make a reasonable argument as to why, can you make a reasonable argument as to why they aren't?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 07 January 2017 - 09:21 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users