Did Is Won Any Of The Attack Phases?

60 replies to this topic

#1 FREDtheROLF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:48 AM

Since the last FW change I have the feeling IS never wins an attack phase.
If IS ever won one phase can some just post this here?

I could think of COMA getting it done in the Oceanic time slot.

FtR

#2 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:02 AM

I have seen a tag (MJ12) and a screenshot of a tag (ISEN) - there must have been at least one phase.

To my experience it´s quite possible to win against clans right now - but most of the time we do not make a mark.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:06 AM

Occasionally.

In fact, just last night there was a coordinated attack by IS. Unfortunately, it kicked off 4 hours too late and ended in stalemate rather than victory.

However, it was a start, and demonstrated that when the IS attracts and utilises the best large units, and less experienced players focus on Scouting, IS victories are possible.

(Of course, it shouldn't take a heroic effort of coordination for the IS to be viable. But that's a much broader balance discussion than I would like to get into here.)

Edited by Appogee, 06 January 2017 - 04:06 AM.

#4 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

IS is having a hard time because Clans are having the strongest asset to win planets available:

IS puggels.

They are both the clans strongest weapon and the IS biggest handicap.

#5 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

I.S. has won 2 out of the 50+ attack phases since December 13th.

4% win rate.

#6 YouKnowNothing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWhy are we here? Just to suffer?

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostThe Nerf Bat, on 06 January 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

I.S. has won 2 out of the 50+ attack phases since December 13th.

4% win rate.

that's probably partly due to how the system for capturing planets works in phaze 4.1

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Check the timezone the few IS wins were on :) Only way IS wins is when the population is really low and few high tier IS teams can carry.

#8 The Reconciler

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

We have won two phases, both times on oceanic time. The number one opposition being losing pugs that don't stop, either losing or dropping. Most nights the best we can do is hold the line, not move it forward.

We have pretty much decided that it takes at least two plus coordinated teams to take an oceanic phase, just to counter the pug losses. Without getting into any real details, we came to this conclusion by keeping a close watch on the war log during the entire oceanic phase on multiple occasions.

#9 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostYouKnowNothing, on 06 January 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

that's probably partly due to how the system for capturing planets works in phaze 4.1

Yeah, I think there's some room to refine how this works; I'm not sure if it still looks like this but as of last week I think MJ12 still had the most FW wins of any unit, but had managed a planetary win only once.

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

View PostKoyoten, on 06 January 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

We have won two phases, both times on oceanic time. The number one opposition being losing pugs that don't stop, either losing or dropping. Most nights the best we can do is hold the line, not move it forward.

We have pretty much decided that it takes at least two plus coordinated teams to take an oceanic phase, just to counter the pug losses. Without getting into any real details, we came to this conclusion by keeping a close watch on the war log during the entire oceanic phase on multiple occasions.

Ye same as Phase 3 in that respect - It takes a minimum of 2 teams dropping (for either side) to out-gun the other in Oceanic.

That said it's probably 3 teams now the buckets have been merged IMO.

View PostFREDtheROLF, on 06 January 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

I could think of COMA getting it done in the Oceanic time slot.

No they couldn't. When we see them, good fights are had. So 50/50 at best, need more than that to move the bar.

You'd need 3 teams minimum IMO in Oceanic to get it to Invasion (Planet win). And once people find out there are good matches going in FP, some people stop QP and get into the challenge or half decent matches :)

#11 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

if you really want to take a planet you gotta get a group to coordinate an all nighter through the oceanic timezone. i dont think the IS has done it any other way yet.

#12 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

Who are the IS Oceanic units I want in dem drops !

#13 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:36 AM

Just get on the FRR/Kurita Hub...

#14 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

extra 25 tons is a joke. the lore is a joke. its like fighting with pistols while they have machine guns and body armor

the band aid fixes are killing this game

#15 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Extra 25 tons is not a joke. I'm switching from IS to Clans every wheek and from my standpoint its easier to win as IS when we are talking about coordinated groups, but IS has much MUCH more clueless pugs and that leads to loses.
Weapon disparity is a weak argument. Thanks to quirks IS lasers fire at almost same distances as clan ones and has less duration and also heat. IS ballistics >>> Clan ballistics when it comes to pinpoint damage. And dont forget those sweet additional armor/structure points. Grab bunch of warhammers and proceed to murder clan filth.
Scouting pretty much same. Clanners has some nice mechs like nova(you literaly need one flamer to completely neuter this one) and hunchie iic, but they still will lose in direct confrontation with IS brawl mediums thanks again to quirk crutches. In my experience of scouting for IS side clanners had literally no chance unless it was a 4man premade. Grab a centurion or griffin and proceed to murder clan filth.
Yet still, lack of any matchmaker makes FP very frustrating from time to time. This match your team stomp another and next match is exactly opposite. Playing without group is hardly entertaining. Teamwork OP :P

#16 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

wow, are you clueless or trying to promote something that is not true.
for one you couldn't switch every week unless you are operating two accounts and for what reason? some people use that to spy and cheat. second even with quirks maxed on the best mechs don't reach clan range, also there are no ultra ac10 is and the list goes on.
i am so tired of clan players either lying or having no clue. i have clan mechs so quit trying to b.s
the facts are clear we have nothing in the class of the Kodiak etc.....now replaced with other mechs i know
i could tell you fact after fact but why you either are in denial, don't want to know, or are on a mission to distort the truth.

#17 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

View Postblackbullitt, on 08 January 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

extra 25 tons is a joke. the lore is a joke. its like fighting with pistols while they have machine guns and body armor

the band aid fixes are killing this game

Its the players not the mechs

#18 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

People use multi accounts to spy and cheat? lol.

Also, while on facts - I've seen less than 10 KDK3's in all my drops since FP 4.1. What mechs have "replaced" the KDK3 that weren't already available for the last 12 months?

But then, people are spying and cheating, so who knows what is going on in your mind with the "facts after facts" if you can't even get accuracy in your post.

#19 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

View Postblackbullitt, on 08 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

wow, are you clueless or trying to promote something that is not true.
for one you couldn't switch every week unless you are operating two accounts and for what reason? some people use that to spy and cheat. second even with quirks maxed on the best mechs don't reach clan range, also there are no ultra ac10 is and the list goes on.
i am so tired of clan players either lying or having no clue. i have clan mechs so quit trying to b.s
the facts are clear we have nothing in the class of the Kodiak etc.....now replaced with other mechs i know
i could tell you fact after fact but why you either are in denial, don't want to know, or are on a mission to distort the truth.

Errr its called being a MERCENARY instead of a loyalist lets you swap every 7 days.
and your calling someone clueless rofl
You need to look in a mirror, kid because all your insults are about yourself not others

Battlemasters are best answer to kodiaks btw.

Dammit ash you beat me !

#20 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

View Postblackbullitt, on 08 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

you couldn't switch every week

What is mercenary contracts? :D
How many Kodiak's you see in CW these days? KDK-3 was sure OP as hell, but now UAC-10's nerfed and clan tonnage in CW severely reduced so you practically gimping your drop deck in favour of just one mech. Currently we have mostly 65 tonners from clan against 75 tonners with additional strucrure virtually making them equal of ~80 tonn mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users