The Boondock Highlanders Are Looking For A Few Good Pilots.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors!

I would like to extend an invitation to the lone wolves or disgruntled mercenaries serving in other units to consider our mercenary unit for employment. We are the:

Boondock Highlanders

Posted Image

Our backstory according to our outstanding Unit Historian: TheMightyServo:

"The Boondock Highlanders trace their lineage back to four distinct units: Murphy's Highlanders, the Boondock Expeditionary Militia, the Argonauts, and recently and oddly so to the 8th Lyran Regulars.

What follows is an early history of the Boondock Expeditionary Militia.

The Boondock Provisional Militia were a relatively average planetary garrison on the far edge of the Draconis March. In the late 28th century, the Boondock Provisional Militia was composed of one reinforced armor batallion, two Mech companies, and possessed a squadron of aerofighter support. In Febrary 2797, word of Jinjiro Kurita's mass murder at the Kentares Massacre spread throughout the Federated Suns, and many units began their own campaigns independent of their own higher chain of command. The Boondock Provisional Militia was one of those units."

For a little information on our leadership group:

The Boondock Highlanders are a MechWarrior Online mercenary organization based off the planet Boondock in Davion space on the border of the Periphery. We are a medium RP group in that some of our members absolutely enjoy the BattleTech lore and some of our members know very little.

Our group was formed by five former NCOs of the United States Marine Corps with combat experience in Iraq. The Boondock Highlanders utilize their experience and training by transferring it to game battle tactics focusing on communication and coordination. As such, we are formed and operate as a military unit with ranks and positions of command.

What we can offer you:

An opportunity to be a part of a cohesive group that likes to have fun and destroy the enemy.

Get in on the ground floor and work your way into a position of leadership and lead your fellow mechwarriors into battle.

A TS3 server for battle communication and relaxing between battles.

What we are looking for:

Experience is preferable but not required.

We need all classes of mechs from Assaults to Lights at this time.

We want you to have a role within our organization, if you have a skill let us know and where force limits allow we will try to get you assigned. If you don't know what you want to do, we'll try and help you figure it out.

We prefer for you to have a mic when you participate in both Quickplay and Faction Warfare.

I appreciate you visiting our post if you are interested in learning more please visit our website located here.

Edited by Tyr Sallus, 08 January 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#2 lobo gris

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSantiago De Chile

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Hi, what is your schedule to play?

thanks and greating

Edited by lobo gris, 09 January 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#3 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

Nearly every day for a couple of Hours usually starting around 1900 hours US CST. some times we go to midnight sometimes not. Some of us work nights so we miss from time to time.

Edited by Tyr Sallus, 10 January 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#4 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

Still looking for some pilots. Contact us here, in game or at our website.

#5 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

Give me a shout in game or visit our website on details about joining up. Needing 5 or 6more pilots at this time.

#6 HawkEyes75

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsummit Hill, PA.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Greetings Boondock Highlanders Command,

I would like to know more about your unit, I would be interested in joining your unit, I have been part of MWO now for 3yrs, have been part of a couple Merc Commands and have been sorely disappointed in them. I have tried to create my own, but have not been successful. I enjoy playing solo but would like to be part of a worthy group, My schedule sucks because of work i have two days off a week Tues. and Weds. I am a former US Army member have served honorable, for 16, years in Maintenance ETS in 2006, from Active duty and 2014 from reserve National Guard. I hope this not cause any flax between our Marine commanders, but look forwards to working and advancing in rank and experience. I pilot IS mechs and have very few Clan Mechs. Currently I am a FRR loyalist, and have more losses than wins. I have played all of the MW games, and used to be part of Battletech Mercenaries a play by email word based game, I was able to advance in c bills and was granted the rank of Lieutenant and lance commander, i hope to be just as efficient, and effective in your cause if accepted to the unit. Thanks
C.Mackerer(HawkEyes75)

#7 HawkEyes75

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsummit Hill, PA.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

One more thing I deployed with the 3rd ACR out of Ft. Carson, Colorado for two tours to Iraq, and earned my Golden spurs, and Stetson. As a civilian I worked as a DOD Contractor in Maintenance, For KBR in Iraq and Afghanistan, I hope my Credentials are a deciding factor in your decision. C. Mackerer

#8 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hawkeye,

I sent you a friend request in game. Also you can apply to our website here.

#9 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

We are still looking to round out another lance, we are looking for 4 possibly 6 more pilots to join us.

#10 Tyr Sallus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

We are still looking for mech pilots of all shapes and sizes, send me a friend request in game or message through our website or mwomercs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users