9 replies to this topic

#1 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

So i've been collecting my and realised I have 20 million . I cant make up my mind on what to buy, and I love laserboat/srm boat and prefer not to get any clan mech (I do have a timber cause shes my favourite mech since MW2).

List of mechs I have:

Lights - Firestarter, Locust.

Medium - Centurion, Cicada, Grifin, Blackjack.

Heavy - Timberwolf (The only clan mech bcos I love it), Jagermech, Catapult, Marauder, Warhammer, CTF.

Assault - Atlas.

#2 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

Raven is the only Light I'm considering myself

Shadowhawk has had a small bounce back in popularity.

Thunderbolts still do very well. My 9SE still hold one of my best kill counts.

Battlemaster is a great mech after the rescale, thinking of getting one myself.

Stalker is another great assault

#3 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

So you dig srm boats but you dont have an Oxide?

You now know what to get!

(I realise you cant get it with cbills but you can get the other variants, the Jenner F is the other one you might be interested in. Lay down some mc to get the Oxide though - great fun!)

Edited by B3R3ND, 11 January 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#4 Trollfeed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

As you have only one assault mech you might consider getting one more. For IS assaults if you want an energy boat your choice would be battlemaster BLR-2C and for SRM boat cyclops CP-10-Q. Both can run XL engine well enough so the playstyle would be much different from atlas.

But if you want to join the dark side there's always the KDK-3 Posted Image

Edited by Trollfeed, 11 January 2017 - 02:32 PM.

#5 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

The Stalker 5M is also a SRM bully
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a833102711d2e57

Just keep in mind that the Stalker has a limited torso twist with the exception of the 3F and Misery so it's not as much a Brawler as it is a 'Warning: Face Towards Enemy' walking 85 ton Claymore.

#6 Dale Grible

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

Stalker if u want mix of lasers and srms.

My biuilds:

1.) 3 mpl 3LL 4 srm4 art.....gets hot but very manageable
2.) 2 LPL 2mpl and 4 srm6 or 4 arty...much cooler
3.) LUUUURMMMMZZZZ....4 lrm15 arty just cuz plus 3 ml

Great hitboxes...a mech that its bad to torso twist in. Nice narrow frontal presentation

PRO TIP: open missle bay doors so srms all fly at once, however there is 10% dmg penalty since missle doors are open

#7 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

I know I'm on my own here...but I "love" the phoenix hawk as a ppc sniper. It's just fast enough, just tanky enough, has ECM, has jump jet(s), and can pack two ERPCCs in there. I have another as a 3 ERLL sniper. Not usually a sniping fan, and I know the mechs get called lots of names...but they're near the top of my average damage for a mech.

I'm a fan of brawling, but the P-Hawk makes long range harassment fun for me.

I also love my locusts but you have those. For lights...you really should at least consider clanners because the Jenner IIc is probably the best SRM bomber ever made and it's for Cbills, not MC. Takes a lot of getting used to and tweaking to find the right balance of engine and launchers for your play style, but it's the only thing that stands up to the Oxide. I've also had tons of luck with the 2xSRM6 / 3xERslas mist lynx. broke 600 damage with it twice recently, usually about 400 if I don't face hug a heavy mech right out the door.

If you don't LRM, you might try it out with Catapults. The K2 with 2xERLL and an AC20 is way better than I like to admit, and the basic C4 is the standard LRM carrier all other mechs aspire to. A stalker H is great, but takes up an assault slot and you have to know how to hug the front line in that slow beast, the Hunchie LRM carrier is stellar but a bit small (note that if you don't Hunchback maybe you should just buy some)...but the Catapult is simply easy to use and brings the rain like the good little support mech it is.

You've got the good heavies. If you want to expand a bit buy a classic like the Hunchback or Catapult. If you're bored, buy an Urbanmech. They're situational but darned good fun when they work. If you just want to bring pain, buy a Mauler or King Crab with a bunch of ACs and spit fire at anyone stupid enough to poke their noses out at 1000m.

In closing, I do seriously love playing the P-hawk...but you might not. Buy Hunchies. They're cheap and good.

#8 zeta44

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

Get a panther, in my opinion the mech is so underrated, I never see anyone else using them. Mount an XL engine, that lets you run 97km/h, then equip choice weapons and equipment in the free space. This mech is so much fun to use

#9 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Can never go wrong with a Hunchback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users