- - - - -

Team Speak Help

5 replies to this topic

#1 WileyCat

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

need help on settings i think.. downloaded TS3 ,, i had one person talking to me during a quick mission but i could not talk back,,have set my caps lock as PTT in TS3 and mwo settings new to this need someone to guide me through

#2 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

where do you get teamspeak and you only need a headset for it?

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

TS - just google and download. You need a mic to talk, or you can just listen.

Wiley - You are talking about ingame VOIP or TS itself?
TS you need to set the capture device to the mic, if you wanna talk. I suspect that is the issue, not the right capture device in settings.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

There is ingame VOIP, by to talk on that you have to setup your Microphone properly ingame.
To use teamspeak you can setup and test your Mic in options, then you need to connect to a teamspeak server, you then need to find a channel with someone in, move to that chanel, teamup ingame with that person/those people, then you will drop in group queue.
Most units will have there own teamspeak server.
If you want to talk to people in solo quick play matches that is ingame VOIP, you do not need the separate teamspeak program

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 11 January 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#5 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Wiley, to talk to people IN YOUR TEAM DURING THE QUICK PLAY MATCH, you can use ingame VoiP (ingame voice chat). Teamspeak won't help you with that. No need to download anything. All you need is to have your mic recognised by windows (if it works on any other program already, like skype or other games, then it is recognised).

Make sure VoiP is enabled in game "audio" settings. If you plugged the mic AFTER starting MWO you may need to disable and enable voip for the game to notice that the mic is plugged in. When in game, use the "push to talk button" (caps lock by default, you can change it in "keyboard" settings) and talk. If everything works, you should be able to see your nick over the minimap when you hold "push to talk".

I also needed to raise record level up because people could barely hear me at default settings, but that may be just due to settings on my PC.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 12 January 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#6 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

All great answers here! I love to see the community come together and help those new to the game. Team Speak is a great way to communicate with teammates. One thing I'd like to bring up, I've noticed a lot of people have their Team Speak and VoIP set up to the same key. I'd suggest having a different push to talk button for each, that way there won't be any bleed over. I've been in a few matches where one person is replying to their team, but everyone hears it. Kind of funny, actually! Posted Image

Definitely make sure you have enabled all of your audio settings in game. Also, verify which mic you're using. I have two mic's on my system - my web cam and my headset. For me, since my headset is USB, for some reason, MWO won't recognize it's mic so I have to use the webcam mic for in game and the headset for Team Speak. That can be a little ... irritating. It's a known issue that has been around forever but I guess PGI isn't going to fix it any time soon.

A good way to test your settings for your chosen microphone is to go into your Window's system settings for your mic. There's an option for you to "test" your microphone. Chose the listen tab and then (in Windows 10 for example) select "listen to your device." As you speak into your mic, your computer will play back the sound. You'll be able to adjust your microphone levels from there.

Also in Team Speak, make sure that all devices are enabled. If you have more than one mic like I do, it may have the wrong device selected. Simply go to Settings --> Options and you'll see "Playback" and "Capture." "Capture" is where you select your microphone device. Find the one you want to use and test its settings. There is a button under the "capture" tab that says "Begin test." If your microphone is set up correctly, there is a little bar graph that represents audio levels. If it hears your voice, it'll show the audio levels as you talk. If it doesn't move, you don't have the correct device selected.

I know this is a little confusing and it takes a bit to figure out the first time you use it, but you'll catch on fast. If you need further help, feel free to ask. Good luck! Posted Image

Edited by Ebins, 12 January 2017 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users