24 replies to this topic

#21 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

the problem is you dont know when you are going to get a big unit or a bunch of pugs, so you always kit out for the worst case scenario.

this is why i strongly suggest some kind of unit rivalry feature so units can enter into games where they know they are going to battle another unit. this would be a good alternative to split queue for pugs. it better targets elite units explicitly and gives them games more on par with their abilities. one game there might be worth 5 in the general population to really give units an alternative to pug farming in order to win planets, and with fewer drops.

for the pugs you will see fewer stomps, but will still see units from time to time. this opens them up to unit invites, strategy and simply being able to see what unit play offers rather than total insulation from the units.

to me that's where special ops missions would come in
12v12 by appointment missions, you don't know which 12 man just that its a 12 man

best of 3 drops (could throw a little twist into the fight by saying once you lose a Mech it cat be used again during that special ops missions)

weighted planets and star lanes would be great also

#22 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostTeslar Kain, on 11 January 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Have any of you elite FP groups (KCOM, EVIL, etc) tried going into FP matches with the bottom of the barrel mechs of either faction? Like running 12 Trebuches, 12 Vindicators, etc? I'm curious if teamwork would win the day in those kind of matches (and maybe shed some more light on tech issues).

I'd also like to see how top level players would kit out their mechs with such a self imposed handicap, and if the added challenge might spice things up for those who are bored with stompfests.

Here is the problem:

When we play faction play, the thing we are constantly hoping for is a GOOD match, meaning we are hoping to face another "elite" unit so we can have a fun close game. We want pugstomps to be over quickly so we can get to those good games.

If we are trolling around in **** mechs when that match comes, we have very likely just thrown away the best match of the evening.

So that's why we don't do it very often.

#23 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

I will cop to bringing a Victor after a string of lackluster matches, or the odd LRM medium, but it's real tough when you don't know your opponent beforehand.

#24 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

An update: Zito and his friends have been bringing LRM mad dogs and ebon jags. They're still destroying people's souls with it though.

#25 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

Enough said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users