-So- Son's Of Odin Breaking Loyalty

13 replies to this topic

#1 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hi all,
As some of you have noticed the Son's of Odin broke its loyalty with the FRR. Please rest assured that this was just an error caused by a couple of inadvertent clicks by a rather sleepy general of the army. Yes, it was an older member of the unit and yes, age-related cognitive decline was involved.

We are working on getting the problem rectified. In the mean-time you can look for the aforementioned general driving the ugly-yellow "Mechs of shame" for the duration of the week. Please feel free to walk behind him, tolling a bell and repeatedly saying "Shame!".

To the 60 members who left to preserve their loyalty points -- once we get this worked out we will be sending the re invite requests -- as soon as we drum up the approximately $800,000,000 cbills. (yes that was a bit of a dig at the silly invitation costs)

#2 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

I can put all 2 mil of my current C-Bills into the coffers if it will help at all :P

#3 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostStarbomber109, on 13 January 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

I can put all 2 mil of my current C-Bills into the coffers if it will help at all Posted Image

lol -- notice how the cbills have dropped in FW with no loyalty reward -- suckage!

#4 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

So,
The latest word from PGI was this:
“Unfortunately, I can't help with your request and you will need to assume the cost of breaking contract.
Regards,”

I have asked them to escalate it. I can’t help but thing if this were a more aggressive/competitive unit like Mercstar (who had less active members than we do) would get a much different response. I guess that is what you get for being an organization that focuses on inclusion, having fun and building relationships. I suppose if you accept all people from T-1 ace of spades to steering-wheel under hive you just don’t get the respect of groups that will fire-you-*** if you aren’t Meta.

#5 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

Hail and Well Met. Thank you nehebkau for letting us know what is happening. I been away a few days and signed in unaware there was an issue. It hurt my heart to break faith with my shieldbrothers but my first vow is to the FRR. Let me know if and how I can transfer funds to the Sons and I shall donate one hundred million C-bills to help make things right.

#6 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 13 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

So,
The latest word from PGI was this:
“Unfortunately, I can't help with your request and you will need to assume the cost of breaking contract.
Regards,”

I have asked them to escalate it. I can’t help but thing if this were a more aggressive/competitive unit like Mercstar (who had less active members than we do) would get a much different response. I guess that is what you get for being an organization that focuses on inclusion, having fun and building relationships. I suppose if you accept all people from T-1 ace of spades to steering-wheel under hive you just don’t get the respect of groups that will fire-you-*** if you aren’t Meta.

We had the same response when loyalty to the combine was declared for the 54th a few months ago, rather than a merc contract (by someone who was not experienced with how to change them). I feel your pain and can sympathise.

#7 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostDaidachi, on 13 January 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

If you say "Plz" because it's shorter than please, I'll say no because it's shorter than yes.

I feel like you could say 'ya' though, since it's the same amount of letters as no.

#8 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

I guess I will follow the ancient pathway to getting acknowledgement and tweet Russ.

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

I guess I will follow the ancient pathway to getting acknowledgement and tweet Russ.

I've heard of this happening to other units and they just had to pay for the mistake. I don't think there is any precedent for PGI stepping in to fix this.

#10 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 13 January 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I've heard of this happening to other units and they just had to pay for the mistake. I don't think there is any precedent for PGI stepping in to fix this.

You'd think that 272 people would garner some attention....

#11 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

Neb, you need to emphasize the carebear-ness, general whalish-ness, and highly LURM friendly environment that is -S0-. We are not like MS and that's exactly why we need PGI's help in these trying times. Frankly I blame Dane and his try-hard propaganda ("winning matters" o.O) if they don't help us. I mean, we'd welcome Russ and his 2 medium lasers chainfired at 900m any day.

Really this would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn stupid. The "I understand my choices" checkbox in particular made me lul. That's some deep existential sh*t right there. No I don't understand my choices, gods damn it. In fact how *can* I break loyalty? My unit was FRR before, it is FRR now when you lock the screen to ask me if I want to break loyalty. Is it to do with quantum thingies? Schrodinger's kitty? Hey I just want to shoot robbits, okay?

UX design ideas:

Proposal for new phone design: put a factory reset button right next to power button. For security require that button be pressed twice because that never happens accidentally. For extra convenience, make power button execute factory reset as well when double tapped.

ICBM launch software: big red LAUNCH button, followed by Are you sure? dialog. For extra credit, put OK in same place as LAUNCH before. (2 people, 2 codes, 2 keys... nah let's not do that)

Ideal unit size is who's left at the office on a Friday afternoon. If you're bigger than that then that's you're own fault and you will pay for it. Multiple times. -That's what she said.

Posted Image

I also quite enjoy the nah we can't (= won't) help you response from them. Quality.

#12 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

Lol, nice to see that we are not the only unit with dumb members.
Me myself once quit the unit instead of the game. (Yes i was drunk)
Same happened to another unit member. This Button Real. Is placed...
When face 3 started and we had to choose merc etc. a fast click->tada Steiner Loyalists. The client already know what we wanted ;)

#13 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

Seriously,
(s)Crap(t) happens! Most of the people who are affected are active, paying players -- and you really wanna annoy the frack out of them over some imaginary loyalty points and fake cbills?

The "we cant do anything" is just starting to bug me on a deep WTF level.... and when that happens I start to question WTF I am doing here anyway.

Its like McDonald's throwing people out of the store because they took 2 ketchup packets instead of 1 -- penny wise, pound poor.

Is it really that hard to do a data hammer?

Edited by nehebkau, 14 January 2017 - 09:24 AM.

#14 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

-SO- is back on the loyalist track. Anyone who quit to preserve their LP can now rejoin. Until Monday, all non-new players have the ability to re-invite, so ask anyone and they should be able to help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users