- - - - -

Is Xl Engine To Work As Clan Xl Engine In A Node In The Skill Tree?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dismembermentor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Maybe with 35%~50% speed reduction since you can swap the XL's if you want to bigger engines since they are not omnimechs, i think that this would solve many of the problems both sides have about balance, and probably solve the quirky and "fake limitations" problem, maybe a special node in the tree system? I know that in lore and game mechanics this doesn't mak much sense, but it would help a lot IS mechs to stay competitive, even the old ones.

I know that this could be op in assaults like Mauler and Atlas, but clan tech already have so many advantages, maybe to balance this make clan tech not so hot?

What you guys think?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

This should be in feature sugestions or general discussion, not new player help, as this does not help new players.

Are you sugesting that there be a skill to make it so IS XL engines act like clan XL engines but recieve a 30+% speed reduction?

If that were to be an option literaly no-one would ever choose that option because it would make XL engines about the same speed per ton as standard engines but still a lot bulkier and more expensive
a 50% speed reduction would make XL engines significantly slower per ton than standards despite costing a lot more

edit:
what you are waiting for is the Light Fusion engine, it is the same size as a Clan XL but only provides half the weight saving of an XL, unfortunately it is still years off in timeline (we are now getting 3053 Mechs, the Light Fusion engine entered production in 3058 if I remember correctly)

another edit,
in the January/Feburary roadmap PGI announced that the March preorder Mech pack (probably July or August release) will include the addition of some 3060s tech, so perhaps the Lght Fusion engine is not as far off as I thaught

exact text in the spoiler below
Spoiler

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 January 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#3 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

If you want clan XL go buy a clan'mech.
Do you think clans will get a "single shell" flpd uac5/10/20 skill in their tree?

#4 Dismembermentor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 January 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Do you think clans will get a "single shell" flpd uac5/10/20 skill in their tree?

If it also revert the crit slot and weight, why not? A IS weapondry modification? Of course i'm joking.

#5 Kshahdoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 January 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Nah, they should open up omni mechs, then IS can have XL clan engines.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

Glad to see some humor.

Personally I have suggested an idea that could balance the engines by allowing the already-existing but disabled "Engine Crits" to be used and separating health values of standard, XL and Clan XL engines.. It was a bit more involved than just that but the jist of it is that Clan XL might survive a torso loss, but the engine itself might be easier to fry than an IS XL engine...which won't be able to survive an ST loss. Meanwhile the future "L" engine which is weighted between XL and STD for the IS will have the same side torso survival of Clan XL...but also similar fragility (if the weight difference doesn't prove sufficient). Anyway, it's also a good reason for Clans to consider an STD engine; as STD engines would become quite tankable.

In all seriousness, no. You cannot and should not expect to see that in the Skill Tree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users