120 replies to this topic

#21 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

It's come up enough it's actually against the Codes of Conduct now. Since Tukayyid Two at least. I remember trying to get a Daishi without jump jets over the Boreal Gates back then...
  • "Running out the clock or needlessly extending the duration of a Faction Play match in an attempt to keep a particular group or Unit in the current engagement for as long as possible, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory, is not considered an acceptable tactic."
https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Don't Forget.
  • "Not being aware of the Code of Conduct is not an acceptable excuse for violating it."
~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 13 January 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#22 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Have you played vitric when you dont have JJ's? You cant get over the gates. Please learn the maps.

If we did have JJ's we would have been sniping them from up top.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 13 January 2017 - 11:42 PM.

#23 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts
  • LocationAny red light district or above 27,000ft on a mile-high club jet

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

"Running out the clock or needlessly extending the duration of a Faction Play match in an attempt to keep a particular group or Unit in the current engagement for as long as possible, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory, is not considered an acceptable tactic."

Actually the defending team is the one violating that clause because they did not brought mechs with jumpjets for them to climb up the gates to push out. The are the one's wasting the innocent puggies precious time.

Edited by Jumping Gigolo, 14 January 2017 - 12:30 AM.

#24 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 13 January 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Have you played vitric when you dont have JJ's? You cant get over the gates. Please learn the maps.

If we did have JJ's we would have been sniping them from up top.

Why not just eject and drop in JJ mechs?

#25 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

View PostJumping Gigolo, on 14 January 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

"Running out the clock or needlessly extending the duration of a Faction Play match in an attempt to keep a particular group or Unit in the current engagement for as long as possible, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory, is not considered an acceptable tactic."

Actually the defending team is the one violating that clause because they did not brought mechs with jumpjets for them to climb up the gates to push out. The are the one's wasting the innocent puggies precious time.

Lol

#26 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 14 January 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

Why not just eject and drop in JJ mechs?

Most of us didn't have a mech with jj, it happens.

#27 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 14 January 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Most of us didn't have a mech with jj, it happens.

Failure to bring the necessary mech is not an acceptable excuse for violating it.

- Atty. JG

#28 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:21 AM

In the end as far as I'm concerned the attackers 'should' be attacking and they didn't, see Leone's post. They even said exactly what they were doing in chat, its all documented. If you dont emwant to play the game mode, dont queue.

I'm out.

#29 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 14 January 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you dont emwant to play the game mode, dont queue.

It's also a violation of the CoC

https://mwomercs.com/conduct

"Disliking a map or game mode or attempting to preserve a player statistic such as Kill/Death Ratio are not acceptable excuses for non-participation."

Bottomline: the rules are broken. Embrace the fact that we all live in a distorted world.

#30 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 13 January 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Non participation is a thing, we have vids and screenshots for backup too. One team winning match after match is not going to get the slider all the way back.

Im surprised and dismayed that this would happen, disgraceful.

As for your edit putting the part in about Scar, he was not in the match, bad edit is bad.

actually ive been trying to encourage people to tie up bigger teams like this as much as possible if they are interested in seeing the IS win planets. you winning 6, 5 minute matches in 30 minutes is much less preferable than forcing you to take 30 minutes to beat me once. it is an overall strategic victory, but not a tactical victory. lose the battle, win the war. in many ways thats just a higher level of participation, not non-participation. thats putting the needs of your faction ahead of your personal wants and urges for glory and c-bills.

by the above definitions, this quote from the rules
  • "Running out the clock or needlessly extending the duration of a Faction Play match in an attempt to keep a particular group or Unit in the current engagement for as long as possible, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory, is not considered an acceptable tactic."
[color=#CCCCCC]

does not apply, because it does help you towards a larger scale victory.[/color]

Edited by naterist, 14 January 2017 - 02:16 AM.

#31 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

View PostJumping Gigolo, on 14 January 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

When the attacking team makes it known that they will not open the gates that they are going to just waste time for the full duration, they are in the wrong per the CoC:
Posted Image

I did have Jumpjet mechs, and I attempted to trade against them (notice my damage at end game score) The bulk of the rest of the team did not have jumpjet mechs, or jumpjet mechs that had the range to trade over the wall/gate on vitric. Also, the enemy team had scan, and we did end up taking some minor damage from lrms during the 6 sec scan times every 2 secs.

Posted Image

View Postnaterist, on 14 January 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

actually ive been trying to encourage people to tie up bigger teams like this as much as possible if they are interested in seeing the IS win planets. you winning 6, 5 minute matches in 30 minutes is much less preferable than forcing you to take 30 minutes to beat me once. it is an overall strategic victory, but not a tactical victory. lose the battle, win the war. in many ways thats just a higher level of participation, not non-participation. thats putting the needs of your faction ahead of your personal wants and urges for glory and c-bills.

You are still non-participating in the match by sitting outside a base where the defenders cannot get to without jumpjet mechs. You are not making any attempt to win the match, which by definition non-participation. PGI just needs to allow gates to be opened from either side of the base, and let that be that.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 14 January 2017 - 02:20 AM.

#32 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

View Postnaterist, on 14 January 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

but but but.. its so unfair if Clan baddies cannot club baby IS seal clubbies en masse if they are held up for 30 minutes per game? Posted Image

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 14 January 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

When the attacking team makes it known that they will not open the gates that they are going to just waste time for the full duration, they are in the wrong per the CoC:
Posted Image

I did have Jumpjet mechs, and I attempted to trade against them (notice my damage at end game score) The bulk of the rest of the team did not have jumpjet mechs, or jumpjet mechs that had the range to trade over the wall/gate on vitric. Also, the enemy team had scan, and we did end up taking some minor damage from lrms during the 6 sec scan times every 2 secs.

Posted Image

You are still non-participating in the match by sitting outside a base where the defenders cannot get to without jumpjet mechs. You are not making any attempt to win the match, which by definition non-participation. PGI just needs to allow gates to be opened from either side of the base, and let that be that.

there was an erratum in the CoC. it will be revised soon ;P trust me. PGI is pro-potatoes

Edited by Jumping Gigolo, 14 January 2017 - 02:20 AM.

#33 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:28 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 14 January 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

you couldve just taken down the gates yourselves if you were that impatiant to seal curbstamp their skulls.

#34 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:30 AM

Breaking my im out last post, you cant take down your own gate gens, funnily enough you can kill your own turrets from what I hear, never needed to try it out myself though.

#35 Jumping Gigolo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

View Postnaterist, on 14 January 2017 - 02:28 AM, said:

you couldve just taken down the gates yourselves if you were that impatiant to seal curbstamp their skulls.

i heard the gates can be demolished by Clan UAC20's

#36 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

View Postnaterist, on 14 January 2017 - 02:28 AM, said:

You cannot friendly fire your own gate generators.

#37 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostJumping Gigolo, on 14 January 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

but but but.. its so unfair if Clan MERC baddies cannot club baby IS seal clubbies en masse if they are held up for 30 minutes per game? Posted Image

there was an erratum in the CoC. it will be revised soon ;P trust me. PGI is pro-potatoes

Little correction, EVIL as well as AWOL and you are MERC. So do not speak of CLAN when you mean MERC. Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 14 January 2017 - 02:37 AM.

#38 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:44 AM

My guess, it is a reaction to a certain twitter message.
When you sow wind you will reap storm...
No offence, but if a kid bullies all the other kids on the playground he shouldn't wonder why the other kids don't want to play with him anymore. I mean I feel sorry for innocent bystanders, but whoever continues to play for a unit whose spokesperson publicly stated derogatory Tweets in the name of the entire unit, IMHO, approves of the message... Guilty by association.

#39 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:46 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 14 January 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

No offence, but if a kid bullies all the other kids on the playground he shouldn't wonder why the other kids don't want to play with him anymore. I mean I feel sorry for innocent bystanders, but whoever continues to play for a unit whose spokesperson publicly stated derogatory Tweets in the name of the entire unit, IMHO, approves of the message... Guilty by association.

Nope, it was a reaction to loosing very badly the match before when we played them.

#40 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 14 January 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

View PostCarl Vickers, on 14 January 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

Nope, it was a reaction to loosing very badly the match before when we played them.

And now you want the sympathy of the community? Well, that's not very EVIL Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 14 January 2017 - 02:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users