Swap Mechs In Academy: Sometimes Controls Missing

1 reply to this topic

#1 Galaxie 500

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:00 AM

Hi, new player here, been hitting the Academy every night for about a week.

An Academy bug I noticed:

Sometimes (maybe about one out of every three or four times) when you swap into one of the other mechs that are standing in the Academy zone, it will have no controls. You do see the new mech's unique cockpit and window shape, and a few other details (I forget whether all the gauges are there... I think some things are definitely missing). You do not see most of the controls you need to operate the mech through the various Academy practice events.

You are able to shoot, and you can actually start an event and play it as far as you can with only dead reckoning for a target (well, actually there is a tiny little spot of about 4 pixels that does show your arm aim, not sure whether that's intentional... actually come to think of it I do think that's usually there in the middle of the arm-aim circle). Just no reticle. I have not tested with every single alternate mech or tried to narrow this down to only some of them. So far it has seemed to occur just fairly randomly among them. And again, about one out of every three or four times.

When this happens, there is no weapons group display, no reticle / targeting display, no HUD. I forget whether there's a minimap or if B works. Guess I haven't tried checking the Battlezone map.

There is a workaround for this: power down the mech then power it back up, and everything will be as it should.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostZuggernaut, on 14 January 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

There is a workaround for this: power down the mech then power it back up, and everything will be as it should.

Started to write a reply back at 4:16 PM but got sidetracked between the misses coming home, the baby and such.

But before I saw you already found the workaround, I was about to tell you that there are two workarounds.

1) power down and up.
2) Right CTRL + F11 (disables hud), then press it again (re-enables hud).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users