Ghost Winds

1 reply to this topic

#1 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Just a Short storie for whom finds it Enjoy post your own or comment!

Planet: Wotan, Grimm plexus

"MOVE OUT FIND THE SCUM AND SHOW NO MERCY!" screamed the drop command.
We had jumped from planet to planet in the past 5 weeks, I had seen many Hopefuls.
Pilots to catch the Falcons eye. Some even did stupid things to get seen....
"Right Boys, What's the Plan?" asked Eve. If anyone was any more a Hopeful it was her.
"You heard Command Search and Destroy the Scum" Replied Point Commander Naltins.
"Keeping Radio Silence, Eh Rookie?" 5 years after my acceptance into Jade Falcon,
Naltins still called me "Rookie" If only..... "Yes, sir I'll break when I need to." I said.
"Hey, Boons What you see eh man?" Carlos was..... more than Hopeful, he had the Falcons Eye,
just not in a good way."Nothing.. absolutely nothing." "Contact G7 target Alpha. Looks like a commando." said Warez "Easy Pickings." The PPC Blasts were still defining even in the cockpit.
"Nice Head-shot!" Said Carlos. "Somethings not right.... Multiple Contacts, reading 3" said
Eve. "Good more Pray..." said Naltins. Something was wrong, very wrong and we didn't know till it was to late. "This is commander Wattson of the 8th Tripled wing Mercenaries Surrender and you will live. Last Chance." Crackled over the Comms. " NEVER!" Yelled Carlos. He slammed his Adder to running speeds and opend fire on the nearest one he saw. The Hunchback did the same, and 2 A/C 20 bursts went into his center torso and the blue of a Large laser. Carlos
died instantly, followed by Eve with spider ripping into the rear armor of her Hunchback
II-C. Naltins went beserk and killed the Hunchback followed by a Shadow Hawk he had found.
"Find the spider and end him!" screamed Naltins.
I found the spider , crippled and unarmed, he opened his comms and surrendered.
"I can tell you where they will be next, just don't kill me." He pleaded. 6 yellow lasers came from out of no-where ending the pilot. "you hesitated, Boons." said the commander quielty.
His Storm-crow came limping around the metallic mountainous pillar. " You didn't have to kill him. He could have been a valuable asset in the future." I said. "No he couldn't and you know it, you are just a sniveling coward and will never be " "Sir Shut up or I will end you"

I was tired of killing innocents. people trying to defend their families and planet. people we were killing because they were in our way. "Then you will die here as well, Coward." Naltins said
I spun the Artic Cheeta around and opened fire on him. The storm crow got eaten up
against the Shadow Hawk and the Hunchback leaving his left torso open and severely damaged. that was all I needed, that was it. " They'll hunt you down and End your pathetic life." Naltins said "Let them " Ruby red lances of light came streaking toward him and he died in a ball of bright light as his engine took a critical hit. I opened comms and told the Enemy Dropship where to find the spider and that I would like to speak with their superior officer about the where-abouts of the clans planets with the least protected resorces.
I was done killing Innocents......but it seemes like I will have more to do out there.----

Lachlan Boons, Artic cheeta pilot, Traitor, Mercenary.

Edited by spud35, 14 January 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#2 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Crimond- 3056- Caustic Valley mining facility

The dropship came thundering down to the landing zone and hovered in place awhile before opening the drop doors,
our mission was to gather intelligence on the planet and the facility there and make it back to the LZ. "Blue Milk Run " they said, I wish.

"Right boys, Go in gather intel and get back to the LZ" Commander Warren said. "Radio Check, Riser Here, Check"
"Riser, This is Steiner. Check " said Agustus Steiner "Check, Riser, Willam here Radio is good" "Radios Read All good,
Riser." I said. "OK then let's do this." said Riser He throttled his Raven into running speeds and lead us across the water.
The first thing that hit us was the smell. Sulfur was in the air and even through the intake filters it still stank. Willam came across the comms "Gods, That foul! Are we sure we need this planet?" "HAhahaha Get used to it Willam." Steiner said. "you may end up on Garrison here!" "Briggin, Why did you stop?" Riser asked. "Contact, Grid F4, hostiles approaching.Looks like 4 of them."I said. "Right, break up and avoid contact if possible. Fighting is not our objective."Riser said. "This is drop command reading 4 hostiles closing fast." "You heard him Boys, let's go." Willam said, as he ran his locust to max speed.
Riser put his Raven into high gear, and headed to D6. Steiner, however was being chased by a
Mist-Lynx. His Wolf-Hound was starting to glow white." These guys are fast. My Heat Levels almost at critical. Briggin, I need asistance!" Steiner said over comms. "Riser, breaking current course and falling back to Steiner's Last Known. over." I said. My Centurian did not like the fact I hit the brakes,and stared back. Steiner was in Grid F5 closing on E6 and Isaw the Mist-Lynx but that's not what bothered me, it was what was closing behind that worried me."Briggin to remaining scouts, contact Drop Command and meet at Extraction zone now got hostiles surrounding Steiner. Its a Huntsman." I said. "Target acquired" said the computer followed by the tone of missile lock. Inner Sphere LRMs (Long-Range Missiles) have a minimum
arming range of 200 meters. The Huntsman was at 300. " I'm down, I repeat I'm down my Wolf-Hound is at critical Damage Ejecting, and Danger close." Steiner said. A white line trailed from his Wolfhounds head. I sent a set 10s down on that Huntsman head, and continued foward.
"Scouting team your Dropship has arived meet at the evac zone." "Briggin, get to drop if at all possible."Riser said."ok, Riser I'll see if I can." I said as I unload the AC 5 at the huntsmans center torso. "Drop ship is in C6 Well cover you." Said Riser. The Huntsman sent his own salvo of missiles as well as a couple of UAC round to my center torso. he painted my left arm off with his medium lasers. "Drop ship to scouting team I can't stay anymore you need to move!" said the drop command. "Drop ship this is Brigggins get out of here after Willam and Riser are on board,Copy?" I said over comms as my left leg was taken off by the Mist-Lynx."Copy, Danger Close, sir?" asked drop command."Danger close" I replied as finished the Mist-Lynx."Good luck, Briggin." said Riser. "Willam get on the drop ship." I said. "Locking down now. Good luck" he said. The Drop ship left the zone doing serious damage to other to hostiles. Leaving me with the Huntsman minus his left arm. I steadied the Auto-Cannon and began firing. All I remember is the thump of the Auto Cannon as he ripped through my center torso.

Edited by spud35, 15 January 2017 - 08:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users