2 replies to this topic

#1 Alloh

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

Small improvement, better immersion:

In Assault game mode, replace the existing light-square objective with one or 3 Leopard dropships.
Instead of standing inside the square, you must board the dropships and take control of it to win the game. Just stand near it is also a possible alternative.

OR just destroy the 3 landed dropships. They even may be powered off.

But this favors the heavier mechs, while light/medium/fast mechs should have same chance standing near+boarding the inactive dropship.

No change to map or new model required. Just make existing dropships land and wait.

---

My preference is to take control of enemy dropships, control and board it first to win.

What if both teams attack each other dropship, undisputed? Whoever completes task first order their own dropships to take off now. They're saved. Victory complete.

Also, for domination, we can replace the central antenna with one huge dropship, a Union, whoevers wins can board it and depart... Posted Image

(My 1st contribution...)

Edited by Alloh, 16 January 2017 - 04:41 AM.

#2 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

I agree but will add that it would be nice to have a more asymmetrical approach to Assault.
Have the attacking side land in drop ships (I'd have a preference for a single Union) deploy from there.
Give the defending side a base with some solid structure, walls and turrets (with different loadouts).
Would port across nicely to Faction Play and it would mix up the tactics and feel in quick play.

#3 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:15 AM

Leopards? No way. Hrothgar. Maybe it could power up if the capture point is contested. Anyway, from watching the MechWarrior 5 video there are already Hrothgar assets that could be ported over to MWO. Make it so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users