Add Realistic Penetration Values.

No replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

Add real penetration values to appropriate weapons. Use real armor values vs velocity and damage to determine how much goes through and what doesn't. If needed add angling eventually to allow bounces.

What would be the realistic values for this. Does anyone know. I'm not sure what mm the shells are supposed to be but I'm assuming they have values at some point in battletech history and rule books. Missiles and LRMs would likely some. Although I'm not sure what value they would be because I don'tknow how missiles of these sorts would gain velocity on their runs to determine it. but they could have interesting flight paths that don't perfectly fit the 400 velocity they say if that is not how they would work IRL. Lasers could simply burn off armor like they do now and guns I assume have a varriing velocity based on distance but a good base velocity according to the game. It might give more characteristics to the balistics(not to mention other weapons) in the game currently and give them more roles. It could add whole new level of play to the game.

Is there enough info in battletech/mechwarrior history to determine how this should work?

Edit: Heck, how would it work out with current velocity and weapons?

Edited by Arugela, 16 January 2017 - 05:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users