34 replies to this topic

#21 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostStarbomber109, on 17 January 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

PGI we need server recital! (IE an extra recital that shows you where the server thinks you're aiming. It's an option in at least one game I know of. Granted, for some people, the extra crosshairs are just confusing, but for others it helps them lead their shots especially through higher than normal ping)

Also, I'll mirror the rubberbanding thing. It didn't really happen to me that often in FW until 4.1 came out. Maybe it's because of an influx of traffic (IE More players?) or maybe there's some other BS going on who knows (someone's mom DDoSing the FW server idk :P)

That wouldn't change anything because packet loss means the data simply isn't there. If your client and the server aren't communicating then any additional recital would still be in the wrong place.

#22 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

PGI we need server recital! (IE an extra recital that shows you where the server thinks you're aiming. It's an option in at least one game I know of. Granted, for some people, the extra crosshairs are just confusing, but for others it helps them lead their shots especially through higher than normal ping)

View PostAlbino Boo, on 17 January 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

That wouldn't change anything because packet loss means the data simply isn't there. If your client and the server aren't communicating then any additional recital would still be in the wrong place.

I'll just add on that this is what HSR is suppose to be for. HSR is suppose to backtrack your shots to where it should have appeared on your screen at the time you shot at. So, in theory, where you are pointing your weapons is suppose to be where they already are being pointed on your screen. Sometimes though, the system just doesn't work as intended and has some issues. (It's still worlds better than trying to lead your lasers at lag shielded light mechs... or shooting a shut down mech and dealing no damage to it because it's actually a step or two behind where he is rendered on your screen...)

#23 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostTesunie, on 17 January 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I'll just add on that this is what HSR is suppose to be for. HSR is suppose to backtrack your shots to where it should have appeared on your screen at the time you shot at. So, in theory, where you are pointing your weapons is suppose to be where they already are being pointed on your screen. Sometimes though, the system just doesn't work as intended and has some issues. (It's still worlds better than trying to lead your lasers at lag shielded light mechs... or shooting a shut down mech and dealing no damage to it because it's actually a step or two behind where he is rendered on your screen...)

Err how would your client know where the server thinks you are aiming if the data is being lost between the two ? HSR issues are not the same as packet loss. All HSR will do is tell you bang you are dead when the data finally gets to you, that's its job. You are getting the bang you're dead messages before you are getting the mech fired message due to the data being lost or delayed.

#24 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostAlbino Boo, on 17 January 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Err how would your client know where the server thinks you are aiming if the data is being lost between the two ? HSR issues are not the same as packet loss. All HSR will do is tell you bang you are dead when the data finally gets to you, that's its job. You are getting the bang you're dead messages before you are getting the mech fired message due to the data being lost or delayed.

My response was mostly to this question/proposal:

In essence, HSR is suppose to do what he is already asking, which is "have a crosshair marker where the server actually things you are aiming", because HSR is suppose to make your own targeting crosshairs the one that it ends up aiming with.

In the event of Packet Loss, HSR can not perform that action properly, which means any effort to make a "serve side says this" targeting box would still be redundant.

So, in either case, either some kind of loss of information, fluctuation of ping, etc plays havoc with HSR or any system anyone else may suggest, including a "server says you are actually aiming here" marker.

AKA: His suggestion is unneeded as it's technically already in the game, as an add on to what you also stated about potential information loss between server and client. Between the two of them...

#25 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 January 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

The "hackusators" are just average or below players, with poor builds, looking for excuses.

Just because they're below average doesn't mean you have to make fun of them.

Some of them may not UNDERSTAND why they are dying. 'How did he lock onto me?' 'He ran right at me even though I hid behind a rock?!' 'All the shots went CT like they were laser guided!' 'I'm cored in one alpha.'

They aren't making these statements because they're 'bad' per say, they're making them because they don't understand the game, or there's some aspect of the game that they didn't know about, that someone else exploited. Now, to be fair, that's no excuse for them to start randomly throwing out accusations...but it's not an excuse for people belittling them. This is a downward spiral and one of the reasons I made this thread. We kinda got distracted by talking about packet loss and HSR and those are related topics. They help explain some odd things people see. The primary reason I made this thread though was to combat the salt.

You may experience it in your games, in your units, it might be better at destroying your soul than actually losing to EVIL, the guy convinced that they can't be beaten.

They're human, we can beat them, but that's not the only goal. The other goal is to try and have fun in this video game driving stompy mechs around. Throwing around hate at other players for trolling, or actively trolling other people because they said THEY were trolling, is just gonna end in bad times for everyone. We need a gentlemen's agreement of some kind. If you suspect the hax, don't say anything about it. Not to your group, not to me, not to SCAR, not even to the forums (because GOD KNOWS these guys don't care, they wanna keep making memes and MS rumors :P) rightclick on the guy's name, hit 'report->cheating' and LEAVE IT AT THAT. You don't have to do anything else. If he doesn't get banned he must not be cheating. If he does get banned you were right all along and you helped identify the most toxic players of all.

#26 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

Only one correct way to deal with people you think are cheating, simply report them.

Don't make chat messages, don't say it in VOIP, don't make forum threads don't bother anyone, It's useless information for your teammates, you're hurting their performance by distracting them with it and you're cluttering battle comms with rubbish. It's useless both if it's true and if it's not true.

Just hit the report button and move on. If the accusation is valid and some reports pile up that player will be investigated. You're not hurting anyone by reporting them if they aren't cheating, so there is no reason to not do it if you're suspicious.

#27 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 17 January 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Only one correct way to deal with people you think are cheating, simply report them.

Don't make chat messages, don't say it in VOIP, don't make forum threads don't bother anyone, It's useless information for your teammates, you're hurting their performance by distracting them with it and you're cluttering battle comms with rubbish. It's useless both if it's true and if it's not true.

Just hit the report button and move on. If the accusation is valid and some reports pile up that player will be investigated. You're not hurting anyone by reporting them if they aren't cheating, so there is no reason to not do it if you're suspicious.

^ So much this. Every time I've been accused of hacking, I tell them to go ahead and report me, because I'm clean and PGI can look into it all they want. I've got nothing to hide and neither does anyone else that plays legit and gets accused.

#28 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 17 January 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

^ So much this. Every time I've been accused of hacking, I tell them to go ahead and report me, because I'm clean and PGI can look into it all they want. I've got nothing to hide and neither does anyone else that plays legit and gets accused.

The post "So much this"ing my post gets more likes that my post that it is quoting? Something is fishy here, I'm going to report you for cheating.

#29 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 18 January 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

The post "So much this"ing my post gets more likes that my post that it is quoting? Something is fishy here, I'm going to report you for cheating.

Nah man, that's tier 1 forum warriors for you. All their likes go straight to CT. I got cored in one post!

#30 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

I put the blame on PGI again for people calling out others for hacking.. PGI has always stopped people from knowing what the hacks really are. They don't allow people to see them so they can really know what they're talking about. Unless you been over on reddit or did your own research most don't know.

I say show people what to look for and lets get these people off our servers.

#31 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 January 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

I put the blame on PGI again for people calling out others for hacking.. PGI has always stopped people from knowing what the hacks really are. They don't allow people to see them so they can really know what they're talking about. Unless you been over on reddit or did your own research most don't know.

I say show people what to look for and lets get these people off our servers.

I can agree... and yet disagree with you.

Information is a good thing, and knowing what to look for to help give more accurate reports. However, at the same time if you inform people that these cheats "are available", it may also spread them around more... (It's why talking about cheats is such a grey area, and if someone posts a link to a cheat site it's all over.)

Information can be a double edged sword. It can cut the enemy, as well as yourself. It must be used wisely and carefully.

#32 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostTesunie, on 19 January 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I can agree... and yet disagree with you.

Information is a good thing, and knowing what to look for to help give more accurate reports. However, at the same time if you inform people that these cheats "are available", it may also spread them around more... (It's why talking about cheats is such a grey area, and if someone posts a link to a cheat site it's all over.)

Information can be a double edged sword. It can cut the enemy, as well as yourself. It must be used wisely and carefully.

Anyone who searches yahoo can see this cheats are available. I would agree with you if they were hard to come by but these cheat companies are everywhere for almost every game now.

Best thing PGI did to stop cheating was make server side code. Cheating in this game is very limited and they should be proud about this. Due to the way they hide it people think they're "godmode","shooting from one side of the map to the other", "armor hack"s and other junk like this. I can't see the "report hacking" working for them at all.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 20 January 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#33 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 January 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

"armor hack"s

This one always confused me. Are they referring to taking back damage from the front? Or to enemies "mysteriously" not taking "enough damage"

#34 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 January 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Anyone who searches yahoo can see this cheats are available. I would agree with you if they were hard to come by but these cheat companies are everywhere for almost every game now.

Best thing PGI did to stop cheating was make server side code. Cheating in this game is very limited and they should be proud about this. Due to the way they hide it people think they're "godmode","shooting from one side of the map to the other", "armor hack"s and other junk like this. I can't see the "report hacking" working for them at all.

My boss had a statement he said a long while ago... Sometimes you do something just to keep the honest people honest.

In this case here, you don't mention it on the forums directly so that, those honest people who normally wouldn't consider such an option, never think to use it. But, if it's right out and sitting on the table in easy view, it provides the temptation.

At my work place (as an example), we have little spindle racks for some pocket knives. They have no lock on them. We actually had people (one incident I can recall involved an older child) at one point just lifting the plexiglass cover up a bit and taking a knife. All we did was just tape them closed, and no it doesn't happen. It's not a lock, it is just literally clear tape you can clearly (pardon the semi-intentional pun) see on the case. It keeps the honest people honest... (And I know, it sound strange, But it is true!)

View PostStarbomber109, on 20 January 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

This one always confused me. Are they referring to taking back damage from the front? Or to enemies "mysteriously" not taking "enough damage"

Typically, it's enemies "not taking enough", which is either hit reg issues or an issue with HSR and an unstable ping...

I've even heard of people being accused of "regenerating" their armor...

I think some of these accusations of hacks goes back to the MW3-4 days, where there was a common "hack" that let people have double health and do double damage. They would play online with these buffs, and basically wreck people who didn't have any "buffs". (Same said people played with no heat and no ammo, but those where in game changes.)

#35 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

[mod]It is forbidden to use the forums to discuss game exploits, hacks, and cheats including complaints regarding these exploits, as this may inadvertently advertise the exploit, hacks, and cheats in question. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you!

(Closing thread)[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users