So Does Clan Get Their Tonnage Back?

85 replies to this topic

#1 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Well, the mercs have finished leveling their Marauder IICs and moved back on over to IS and winning at very high rates. Does Clan get their tonnage back and IS get their tonnage reduced again now?

Will IS players still continue saying Clans OP while stomping Clanners?

#2 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

My biggest gripe was the scouting nerf. Right after that dropped, clans almost never had a scouting advantage, and when they did, it was typically gone in a hour.
I actually would like the IS to be dropped to 250 again. I personally did not mind the 240 for clans, buts it's the IS assualt spam that's getting to us. Although 245 would be better, since they have the locust as their lowest and we have the mist lynx, effectively giving them an extra 5 tons to throw into the first three than clans simply can never have.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

I've no issue with the tonnage for either side.

Playing some of this IS business this week. Looking forward to the extra tonnage for a change.
That said had no issue playing against it. Clanners just need to understand a balanced deck.

#4 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

Tonnage difference isn't the issue, skill disparity and experience differences is the issue. Not sure what else to tell ya.

We've tried going IS before when the tonnage levels were the same or really close and at least for us, playing IS at that time was more difficult. We are definitely having an easier time of it now but when you look at the numbers, it appears that things are pretty much a wash at the moment overall. No one is really taking any planets...some get taken here and there but for the most part, things are pretty static. This will change of course once teams start to move around for various reasons but which side starts to move the frontline will be based off of where the good teams go.

Edited by Pat Kell, 16 January 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#5 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 16 January 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Why not? The clans have been claiming I.S. OP while stomping the I.S. for the last year

Edited by The Nerf Bat, 16 January 2017 - 08:36 PM.

#6 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

i think IS should stay at 265, because tech imbalance is still problematic, but the clans should be allowed to go up to 245 or 250 tons again. no amount of over powered technology can make competative the 12 myst lynx or kit fox rushes weve been seeing so much, occasionally twice a game.

however, on the other hand, if clanners learned to spread their tonnage relatively evenly, and not bring assault mechs, i think theyd be much better off, even at 240tons.

Edited by naterist, 16 January 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

Are people still trying to bring crutchdiaks?

I use MAD-IIC, 65 tonner of choice, HBK-IIC and Viper. Long range deck is something else.

#8 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

I believe PGI should keep Clan tonnage where it is, but give it the tonnage advantage over IS that IS has right now.

#MakeSkillcrows great again

Edited by Sixpack, 16 January 2017 - 09:38 PM.

#9 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

clans losing??? What??? I lost every match, in fact I haven't won a FP game yet. We have tonnage advantage and we still lose

Edited by Grimwill, 16 January 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#10 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 15 January 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

awesome, I just defected from clan jade falcon to join the FRR. So if you see that storm trooper with that spinning melee weapon yelling "TRAITOR" he is probably referring to me. But looking forward to dropping with the kungsarme

LOL
How is the IS treating you, traitor?

#11 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostNighthawk513, on 16 January 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

LOL
How is the IS treating you, traitor?

LOL I'm going back to the clan

#12 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

"it's just a temporary change" "they are just trying it as a fix" "it'll go back after they return from holidays" "it's a bandaid"

So if tonnage is not at issue, let's set it back to even (that thing called balance). No sense giving the elites on one side or the other a tonnage advantage. Setting things at baseline allows you to more finely tune whatever other balance ideas are on the skillet.

Or just, you know, whatever. Just keep adding and changing haphazardly to the hobble.

#13 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

View Postnaterist, on 16 January 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

i think IS should stay at 265, because tech imbalance is still problematic, but the clans should be allowed to go up to 245 or 250 tons again. no amount of over powered technology can make competative the 12 myst lynx or kit fox rushes weve been seeing so much, occasionally twice a game.

however, on the other hand, if clanners learned to spread their tonnage relatively evenly, and not bring assault mechs, i think theyd be much better off, even at 240tons.

But for shutdown in a corner of map i suggest you to take small mechs also don't ask PGI for much tonnage dropdeck Posted Image

#14 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

I sense a great disturbance in the force!

The IS baby seals have become nearly extinct.

Now the Clan Potatoes are an endangered species

Soon young padawan you will see what it TRULY MEANS to be a skittle. (endless queues)

IS are winning more mainly because the LRM60 xl atlai have gone back to t5 qp where they belong.

ps Ideal nice 1, i luld.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 16 January 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#15 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

Just stop with the LRMs and 2/3 of you will have a 1/2 decent chance of winning. There is simply too much cover and too much ECM for most maps for LRMs to have much chance of victory.

#16 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

Yeah as far as IS pilots, I count no less than 4-5 pilots with at LEAST 2 LRM boats in their decks, every single game. (aside from organised teams).

Never saw that in FP3... FP4.1 has really lowered the player quality a substantial amount.

#17 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

Only in the delusional mind of a Clammers will IS stomp over The Clams.

So yes till proper balance has been achieved, i will continue calling out the clams out for what they are OP.

#18 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

Well, the mercs have finished leveling their Marauder IICs and moved back on over to IS and winning at very high rates. Does Clan get their tonnage back and IS get their tonnage reduced again now?

No

Probably. It is important to distinguish between loyalists and mercenaries though.

View PostCrockdaddy, on 16 January 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Just stop with the LRMs and 2/3 of you will have a 1/2 decent chance of winning. There is simply too much cover and too much ECM for most maps for LRMs to have much chance of victory.

Let me see if I have this parsed right. 100% of us stop using LRMs, and 66% of us will have either a half-decent chance or a decent chance one-half the time, of winning? Can you quantify what a 'decent chance' entails?

That said, I do agree that there is a distressing tendency for people to use LRMs...poorly in FW.

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

Well, all we see now is that those tonnage adjustments not had a proper effect, all that has a effect is organsied big units and their impact. yes we could change tonnage, but I doubt it will have the impact to balance things.

The bad IS palyers are still bigger in numbers, but now with more active groups their impact to gimp the results has lowered to a lesser significant degree. The major unbalancing factors in FP are still: uneven noob distribution. uneven organised player distribution.

#20 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

Not really, ive been watching the pugs migrate clanside for a while now. Its what people do usually if theyre new and run into evil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users