Posted Image

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

This is my first first game as IS tonight. Seriously the people crying on the forums about Clan OP, balance issues, everyone in EVIL is hacking etc etc.

What a load of crap. This is my best FP match yet, the IS tonnage is obscene!

Learn to play. I will gladly offer to help anyone that wants it as well.

1. 7-man on Clan side.
2. 1 player down the entire match
3. All my mechs are XL, even my Assault.
4. I was not even aiming CT's, just torso's for a bit of a fun game for myself
5. I got too aggressive in 2nd mech and only did 800dmg.
6. All my mechs were down to 25-35%, even as IS XL, I still was fighting on no worries
7. One of the players in the IS Charlie Lance said he was "going to snipe" from the back, I told him to get to the team and share armour, he not so politely "declined". I bet you can take a guess which player that was...

This is the other screenshot for components to show #3 is true. If I was aiming CT's I'd probably have done a bit less DMG/more kills.

Posted Image

Shout out to TDGB, without those two players, not sure we'd have won give the amount of LRM boats the IS players had.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 January 2017 - 12:22 AM.

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

So, you had a couple good games. That's amazing! Congratulations! Please let me know when your unit is tagging several worlds a day. I look forward to seeing it!

Which is irrelevant to the tech balance. Everyone is and has been saying that the tech balance is close enough that for good teams it's easily bridged. The issue is the pugs - see the difference in the damage spread? You had a great match - again, good on you! However, had you not been there what would have happened?

In the pug arena where skill levels are lower on both sides the tech advantage is more significant. As such it's still pretty one-sided. Right now with the combined TS the FRR is putting together and numerous mercs taking an IS vacation it's almost even.

Let me know when that match is indicative of how every match goes for you. I look forward to seeing screenshots of every match you pug in being 3k+.

When that doesn't happen though....

Yeah. Back to reality.

#4 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 January 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

So, you had a couple good games. That's amazing! Congratulations! Please let me know when your unit is tagging several worlds a day. I look forward to seeing it!

Where did I say my post had something to do with taking planets/unit tags?

This post is directed, as per what I posted mate.

1. Stop bringing LRMs.
2. Bring half decent builds.
3. Torso twist and KAZAM.
4. You can play IS XL mechs no worries.
5. No need to claim good players hack
6. Don't blame Hitreg/Ping/Youforgottowashyourundies

That is all I'm showing here.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 January 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#5 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:46 AM

Sorry butter cup, but i play IS and Clams. Clams is my go to there because they are clearly better that 98% of anything the IS has. The sooner people like you either leave, get shouted away or grow up the better. Clans are OP and will be forever. There are ways to mitigate it but PGI insists on nerfing Clans instead of Buffing IS.

#6 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 17 January 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

*sniff sniff* You smell like earth....
Posted Image

Oh look kids a Clan elitist, gawk as they talk down to all who oppose them and marvel as they wonder why FW dies slowly.

When will you guys learn......

Edited by Lupis Volk, 17 January 2017 - 02:57 AM.

#7 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 17 January 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

Oh look kids a Clan elitist, gawk as they talk down to all who oppose them and marvel as they wonder why FW dies slowly.

Must be potato, cant look and see he is merc, not clan elitistm plays both sides effectively. Im guessing you bring lurms.

#8 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:57 AM

Funny, if you look at my FW stats on the FW leaderboard, I have killed more Clan mechs than I have killed IS mechs. I have also spent more time in IS than I have in Clans since FW 4.1 started. Try again.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

When will you guys learn......

Uneducated T3 response detected.

AW0L were IS last week, I played some good games against them while they were (and 54MR was clan)... Good 12/12 stuff IIRC. Great matches.,

I believe they will be IS in a day or two as well... Watch the tears flow then.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 January 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#10 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 17 January 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

Funny, if you look at my FW stats on the FW leaderboard, I have killed more Clan mechs than I have killed IS mechs. I have also spent more time in IS than I have in Clans since FW 4.1 started. Try again.

Oh how cute, then you'd know first hand how Clans mechs are leagues ahead of anything the IS has. For the IS to win a FW match they need at least 10 out of the 12 to be on comms, be of sufficient skill or have enough skilled players to carry and the Clans to be littered with skittles and potatoes.

#11 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

Ash. You've spent the last month running around in T1 clan premades, stomping the sh**e out of skittles who are struggling to post 400 damage throughout a match.

Congratulations on a great performance (well beyond my abilities), but you're ability to play as a T1 player and post a huge score on this one occasion, does not contribute to any balance debate.

Edited by nagdamnit, 17 January 2017 - 03:04 AM.

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 17 January 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

Oh how cute, then you'd know first hand how Clans mechs are leagues ahead of anything the IS has. For the IS to win a FW match they need at least 10 out of the 12 to be on comms, be of sufficient skill or have enough skilled players to carry and the Clans to be littered with skittles and potatoes.

Oh how cute, a potato that doesnt know how to play, are you in a unit?

#13 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

I kill just as well in a Battlemaster 2c as I do in the Marauder IIc, just as well in a Timberwolf/ebon Jag/hellbringer as I do in a Black Knight/Warhammer/Grasshopper, almost as well in a Blackjack 3 ERPPC as I do in the Hunchback IIc ERPPC. Only thing I regret is not having a good jump sniper in the heavy range in IS like I do in Clans with the Night Gyr. Being able to stack 265 Tons vs 240 seems to more than make up for it though.

Edit: The Battlemaster 2c is in fact my favourite mech to play (the stats are above average but nothing amazing):

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 17 January 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 17 January 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Ash. You've spent the last month running around in T1 clan premades, stomping the sh**e out of skittles who are struggling to post 400 damage throughout a match.

Congratulations on a great performance (well beyond my abilities), but you're ability to play as a T1 player and post a huge score on this one occasion, does not contribute to any balance debate.

I've dropped with T1 FP teams for the last 6 months. I drop PUG, 4man or 8-12man. I'll do whatever.

While in Clanspace we played many teams: MJ12, AW0L, EVIL (while IS), ISEN, FRR/Kurita 12mans, 228 etc etc. Lost games, won games. Actually lost a game against 228 last night (before going IS)

Tonight's result in IS space?

1. Have not lost a single game in 5hrs
2. Avg damage would be 2k
3. THE CLANNERS HAVE STOPPED QUEUING UP!!!!!

WE JUST GHOST DROPPED AS INNER SPHERE - WTF!!!!!

My point here is that there are too many people who are blaming a whole bunch of stuff when they need to bring better builds, play better - THEN post about balance. You can't complain about "balance" if you're going to bring a bunch of LRM mechs and stand still while someone shoots you to pieces.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 January 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#15 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 January 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

My point here is that there are too many people who are blaming a whole bunch of stuff when they need to bring better builds, play better - THEN post about balance. You can't complain about "balance" if you're going to bring a bunch of LRM mechs and stand still while someone shoots you to pieces.

So much this. It doesn't matter if you're clan or IS, if you bring a bad build and then STARE at your opponent, you will die, and you will die quickly. There is no matchmaking in FW, and you will run into many players that have decent aim, and some players with exceptional aim. If you make it easy for them to core you out, they will.

#16 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 January 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

I don't really bring LRM's (unless i'm out to have a bit of fun). I generally play Warhammer's (red ones and yellow ones) and Battlemasters and I tend to stick with meta builds and run XL engines to try and be competitive. I did that with my team mates throughout the first 3-4 weeks of FW playing against pretty much every T1 merc unit that all went clans to play with their new toys and farm skittles.

Am I allowed to complain about balance or should I shut up because you posted a brilliant FW score?

#17 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:51 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 17 January 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

I don't really bring LRM's (unless i'm out to have a bit of fun). I generally play Warhammer's (red ones and yellow ones) and Battlemasters and I tend to stick with meta builds and run XL engines to try and be competitive. I did that with my team mates throughout the first 3-4 weeks of FW playing against pretty much every T1 merc unit that all went clans to play with their new toys and farm skittles.

Am I allowed to complain about balance or should I shut up because you posted a brilliant FW score?

Oh, there is definitely some imbalance issues between clan and IS (Dane has a pretty good video about it). The 265 ton vs 240 ton makes up for a lot of that though. It is at near parity skill where the imbalance is most noticed, but FW games are rarely played at near parity of skill level. Usually the team with the higher skill level will win regardless of which side they are playing, accounting for the fact that once you hit invasion modes, the defending team has an ~1/2 wave advantage to start by being the defenders and have choice of fortified position/choke points.

#18 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

Don't bother arguing with them.
Its again a bunch of upper tier back patters, pimping each others confirmation bias.
Global stats and populations on both sides don't interest them, just their preconfigured, hard coded opinions.
You could show those guys a spectral readout of a collor and they still would claim red is green and that your sensor equipment is faulty.

Edited by The Basilisk, 17 January 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#19 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 17 January 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

Don't bother arguing with them.
Its again a bunch of upper tier back patters, pimping each others confirmation bias.
Global stats and populations on both sides don't interest them, just their preconfigured, hard coded opinions.
You could show those guys a spectral readout of a collor and they still would claim red is green and that your sensor equipment is faulty.

*sniff sniff* You smell like butter and chives...you appear to be a little "baked"
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 17 January 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:23 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 17 January 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

I've never said there were not balance issues... EG:

1. IS Xl
2. IS Light resize (somewhat neutralised with 260T)
3. IS Hvy resize (vs basically no Clan Hvy resize)
4. IS Range quirk debuff

Those are certainly issues. However my point is simply if you know how to play even half decently in FP, in a team (cause that is what FP is about) - you can negate a lot of it.

Since 4.1 there has been a massive influx of QP players with terrible builds & low pilot skill They are all carrying on about balance issues that are not issues, claiming hacks and all sorts of just flat out crap.

It's a tough mode, adjust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users