59 replies to this topic

#1 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

Hey there fellow Mechwarriors!

After a 3 year break, I started playing again.

I have to say, MWO is a much better game than it was 3 years ago.

- It’s possible to play the game without investing anything. (No PAY-TO-WIN) I spent hundreds of $ on the game, but I hate pay-to-win with flaming passion.

- It seems rather balanced to me. I might not be the smartest/best player out there, but I never have the feeling that something is blatantly overpowered which makes the game more fun to play.

- Faction Warfare is really, really fun to play and well implemented. For such a small studio, the quality of the product is very high and for so low player numbers you can find matches quite fast.

- The customer services is excellent, fast reaction and very polite and friendly, even to idiots like me.

So, I just want to say:

Thank you PGI for this nice Battletech game!

Posted Image

Edited by WolvesX, 17 January 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#2 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

And.....cue the Bitter Vets (or as I know them "Auxiliary Salt Saying Homogeneous Osmotic Legal Enforcement Service) who will refute everything you just said and will smite you with their intelligence, beauty, and righteousness....or so they keep saying.

Love MWO...but I've only been playing since the summer. Found out I really suck at this game but have a ball anyway. I love my Light mechs!!

I fully agree with you by the way...

Cheers

Edited by Plastic Guru, 17 January 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

MWO, like all other games, has its flaws, it's Pro's, and more importantly, those that have different ideals as to what the game should be.

But bluntly, the game is fun. more so with other people. it's a team game, so go find some people to play with and have some fun at it. I sure do.

#4 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 17 January 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

But bluntly, the game is fun. more so with other people. it's a team game, so go find some people to play with and have some fun at it. I sure do.

Playing with friends...most of us are utter noobs...

Just last night...Teammate in a LRM only mech is screaming "Kill The Urbanmech..>KILL HIM<".....I was laughing my azz off watching this little mech chase a much bigger mech around and around a rockpile. Seriously funny **** right there. I'm sitting in my Panther thinking "Do I join the race around the rock or just shoot him when he runs by?"....and neither mech appears. So I go around the other side and the Urby is literally hugging the other mech (he was out of ammo).

Where else can you laugh at a garbage can groping a mickey mouse eared catapult? Love MWO...

We still lost but...who cares...

Cheers

#5 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

ultimately i agree that this is a fun game and the one ive spent the most money on. Its only when the games compared to what was originally envisioned that its starts to look not so good. Overall, taken as it is, its a fairly competent online shooter. If i didnt have fun mostly i wouldnt play it.

#6 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 17 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Playing with friends...most of us are utter noobs...

Just last night...Teammate in a LRM only mech is screaming "Kill The Urbanmech..>KILL HIM<".....I was laughing my azz off watching this little mech chase a much bigger mech around and around a rockpile. Seriously funny **** right there. I'm sitting in my Panther thinking "Do I join the race around the rock or just shoot him when he runs by?"....and neither mech appears. So I go around the other side and the Urby is literally hugging the other mech (he was out of ammo).

Where else can you laugh at a garbage can groping a mickey mouse eared catapult? Love MWO...

We still lost but...who cares...

Cheers

For me it's gotta be a recent one; running with pariah and a few other around here in huntsman hero ripping guys in scouting a new one, and then he tells me not to poo-poo the Huntsman in his face ever again because we were debating it and the hbk IIC.... lol.

the other was scouting again, making fun of the hbk IICs arms.... and I remember this:

" I'd run my hbk IIC if it's arms didn't look like it was trying to flap them to fly."

XD

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

View PostWolvesX, on 17 January 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Game Is Fair

Looking at this title and page 1 of the GD forums made be burst in laughter. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

<And not at you, WolvesX, not at you>

#8 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostMystere, on 17 January 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

Looking at this title and page 1 of the GD forums made be burst in laughter. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

<And not at you, WolvesX, not at you>

heh right?

Wolves - thanks for the objective snapshot of today vs. when you stopped 3 years ago. It really is dramatically better than it was, despite all the wingeing you see on the forums.

#9 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

Oh this thread has to be shut down as obvious non-constructive sarcasm....

Edited by MacClearly, 17 January 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#10 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

As long as you're enjoying yourself, that's ultimately what counts. My advice as always is just play it casually, and you'll get hours of entertainment out of it.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Yep its maybe the best online game out. Hopefully it removes any doubt this year.

#12 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 17 January 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yep its maybe the best online game out. Hopefully it removes any doubt this year.

Johnny, please stop doing that. Your blissful ignorance is over 9000, and I almost spewed tea at my new monitor, wasn't really prepared for such a joke out of the blue, just scrolling down the forum page. Geez.

#13 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

So I have to take a 3 year break to find something new in the game it seems? One year (ok 9 months) didn't quite do... Looking forward to summer, not looking forward to doubtly needed balance changes...

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostAcehilator, on 17 January 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Johnny, please stop doing that. Your blissful ignorance is over 9000, and I almost spewed tea at my new monitor, wasn't really prepared for such a joke out of the blue, just scrolling down the forum page. Geez.

Ya? What game is better? The 90's clone competition isn't any better and any other next gen games like Star Citizen are vapour ware.

Should this game be maybe the best at this point with the amount of gameplay and features it has? No it shouldn't, but thanks to the trash competition it is, or close to it. There is a lesson here.

#15 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

Still missing decent IS pop tarts though.

#16 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 17 January 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Ya? What game is better? The 90's clone competition isn't any better and any other next gen games like Star Citizen are vapour ware.

Should this game be maybe the best at this point with the amount of gameplay and features it has? No it shouldn't, but thanks to the trash competition it is, or close to it. There is a lesson here.

Whoa,

Pump your brakes sport amount of gameplay? Its TDM, there is only 10-30 minutes of gameplay in any match like that. Unless you are talking about the GRIND, which most dont consider GAMEPLAY especially without a story.

I mean a lot of better games come to mind before MWO that are out right now, but as far as are there any better TDM only games right now? Um not really because most roll that into the story and other part of the game if they are gonna offer it. (PvP that is in some form) but Planetside 2 was way better then MWO at its game for a long time and im sure it still is, i havent played it in a while but they did CW or FP or whatever we call it a lot better then MWO did too.

World of Tanks is a great game as well, Grind is of Korean proportions much like MWO but its a slug fest TDM game much the same.

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 17 January 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

My shiny new gaming cockpit disagrees with you 100%. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 17 January 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#18 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

Better put up your flame shield...

#19 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

MWO is not what I envisioned it would be. Despite what others were saying about a single player game, I really just welcomed any form of MechWarrior combat since I hadn't seen it in so long. This game is fine, just it is way past its due date for a lot of things that they are only now considering.

#20 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

I'm finding it very difficult to be cross with Russ over the promised but not delivered Command Console Fix with such overwhelming positivity. QUICK! WE MUST FIND SOMETHING ARBTIRARY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! THE LONGER AGO IT HAPPENED, THE BETTER!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users