Mechs As Glay Puppet...

19 replies to this topic

#1 nowereman

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

wel...
AC20 critically nerfed, now it's useless. damage shared in target armor, damages more then one part. must be only one. heat too high, PPC heats less then AC20. projectile speed too low.
ECM can't EVER block any signal. only low distance, anytime it's on - it's generste cloud of interference, which mark ECM carrier on map. same ECM can't block sensors of remote mechs. if anyone can see any mech in sensor range - it's may be targeted. to prevent it ECM must be close enouth to scouting mech. jaming targeting on allies ECM can (if he can dot it at all) at very short range, about 50-100m. or - ECM block any signal in affected area, including allied.

you totally nerfes assaults at all. now ANY light can destroy ANY assault. basically, in original story it's happens eventually, almost as a miracle. it have simple reason - assaults too heavy armored, and lights destroyable whith one, maximum two alfa-strikes of assault. well, it's around 40-60 damage points. light mech - is not an ordinary "battle" mech. scout, recon, support, coanvoy, - no more.
so light can't be mounted with two (WTF???) PPC. or same type of weapons.

Edited by nowereman, 17 January 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

View Postnowereman, on 17 January 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

wel...
AC20 critically nerfed, now it's useless. damage shared in target armor, damages more then one part. must be only one. heat too high, PPC heats less then AC20. projectile speed too low.
ECM can't EVER block any signal. only low distance, anytime it's on - it's generste cloud of interference, which mark ECM carrier on map. same ECM can't block sensors of remote mechs. if anyone can see any mech in sensor range - it's may be targeted. to prevent it ECM must be close enouth to scouting mech. jaming targeting on allies ECM can (if he can do it all) at vrey short range, about 50-100m. or - ECM block any signal in affected zone, including allied.

you totally nerfes assaults at all. now ANY light can destroy ANY assault. basically, in original story it's happens eventually, almost as a miracle. it have simple reason - assaults too heavy armored, and lights destroyable whith one, maximum two alfa-strikes of assault. well, it's around 40-60 damage points. light mech - is not an ordinary "battle" mech. scout, recon, support, coanvoy, - no more.
so light can't be mounted with two (WTF???) PPC. or same type of weapons.

if he can do it all

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 17 January 2017 - 10:23 AM.

#3 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

#4 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,069 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

Repost required for reading comprehension. Any decent light mech pilot will easily kill a new assault pilot or one who does not know how to fight off a light. As for an assault not being able to kill a light that is laughable. Lights have the weakest armor in game that a single ac 20 does severe damage if not kill it outright.

oh for IS mech with x2 er ppc try JR7-D er ppcs x 2

or IS mech AC 20

RVN-4X ac 20

Edited by JediPanther, 17 January 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#5 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

I think we have another prime K-town candidate here....

#6 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Who's sock puppet are you, anyway?

#7 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image

#8 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

Instructions unclear. Penis stuck in my Huntsman's cooling fan....

#9 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Instructions unclear. Penis stuck in my Huntsman's cooling fan....

I remember, when I was in South Korea, going into this haunted house ride thing with a bunch of buddies. It was this sort of theater thing, where everything happened on a screen, but the seats did stuff. The whole thing would move and tilt with what was happening on screen, and there were speakers in the head rest to give more 'subtle' sounds, and there was a fan down between your legs, like on the Huntsman, that would blow a bit of air at creepy moments.

Attached to the fan grate was a little rope with a knot on it, presumably for testing them visually. Throughout the entire ride though, they never really blew that hard. At the very end though, when the ride was ending, every mechanical bit in the ride went into overdrive at once. The speakers blared, the seats rumbled, the whole stands swayed from side to side.

And the fan got turned on full blast, sending the knot swinging straight up into every pair of family jewels in the place.

Edited by Bombast, 17 January 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

I actually agree with his Jesus Box point...I think
The Magic Jesus Field is not how I would have made it

Not sure what he's on about with spread AC20 damage, unless he means cACs
They are bowling ball launchers, and normal AC20s should be increased, with UACs remaining the bowling ball launchers

Apparently he's against the Adder Prime (RestosIII, did you hurt him?)

He is however a Potato when it comes to Assaults.

#11 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Glay puppets!?!?!? Say it isn't so!

#12 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Posted Image

#13 RoadblockXL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

This reads like someone wrote a complaint and put it through google translate a few times...

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

Forget the post...wtf is "Glay"?

#15 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 17 January 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Forget the post...wtf is "Glay"?

Wikipedia said:

Glay is a Japanese rock band, formed in Hakodate in 1988. Glay primarily composes songs in the rock and pop genres, but they have also arranged songs using elements from a wide variety of genres, including punk, electronic, R&B, progressive rock, folk, reggae, gospel, and ska. Originally a visual kei band, the group slowly shifted to less dramatic attire through the years. As of 2008, Glay had sold an estimated 51 million records; 28 million singles and 23 million albums, making them one of the top ten best-selling artists of all time in Japan.

Officially, the name "Glay" is a deliberate misspelling of the word "gray" and represents the style of music they wanted to play: a mixture between rock (black) and pop (white). Friday magazine ran an article quoting a former classmate of a band member as saying the "glay" spelling was a simple spelling mistake rather than a deliberate decision. Confusing the R and L is a very common mistake amongst Japanese speakers of English, because the Japanese language does not distinguish between the retroflex ("r") and lateral ("l")

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 17 January 2017 - 11:04 AM.

#16 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostBombast, on 17 January 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ohhh..."Glay"!
Why didn't you say so OP.
All makes perfect sense now.

#17 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostBombast, on 17 January 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, a band constructed by the Japanese music industry based on a low opinion of teen intelligence and consumerism with a healthy heaping of pretentious idiocy.

... yay! ...

#18 nowereman

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:59 AM

additional - sensors must have 360' sight EVER, without skills, modules and other trash.
no one constructor make a blind war/civil tech. to do it must be absolutely idiot.
this IS a game, player can't move his oun head to look around. and any lucky s**t can just stay behind and shot in back. in reality he will be detected, aimed and killed.

also about 100-tonn mechs. now all of them - just junk.
they are more vunerable then lights, have slightly better armor and weapon, and totally wasted other stats.
in Battletech heavy - is powerful. in MVO heavy - is fixed easy target.

#19 nowereman

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

and gentelmens 'trolls'... your opinion are not interested. ever. Posted Image

Edited by nowereman, 18 January 2017 - 08:26 AM.

#20 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

View Postnowereman, on 18 January 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

and gentelmens 'trolls'... your opinion are not interested. ever. Posted Image

their opinions are not interested in what?

I mean no offence with this question so plesae do not take it as an insult but is English your first language?

I ask because both of your posts in this thread make very little sense.

in the origional post you seem to be complaining that the AC20 spreads damage, it does not, the Inner Sphere AC20 fires a single shell for 20 damage.
the Clan (U)AC20 fires a burst of 4 shells per shot each dealing 5 damage for 20 total
the Clan XLB AC20 fires basicly grape shot, or realy big shotgun pellets and if all hit they do 20 damage, which are you refering to?

you seem to argue that in lore a Light could not kill an assualt but it can in MWO, yet you also complain that no Light Mech should be able to mount 2 PPCs, yet the Adder Prime is a lore build which carries 2 cERPPCs and a flamer.
so what are you complaining about, that the Light Mechs are now balenced, which is against lore or that the Lights can take 2 PPC type weapons, which is in agreement with lore?
you cannot have it both ways.

again sorry if this comes accross as offencive that is not my intent, I just want to be sure we are on the same page with regards to your concerns so I can try to help resolve them.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 06 February 2017 - 08:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users