Wolverine Wvr-7D "speed Brawler"

4 replies to this topic

#1 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

Many people say the Wolverine 7D as one of the worst Wolverine variants (alongside the 7K which has absolutely abysmal hardpoints). I'm here to give this 'mech its fullest potential by making it extremely fast and spam low cooldown weapons.

WVR-7D(L)

I don't have footage of it in action, but I will say this is not a noob build. Noobs should not play this.

It requires a lot of finger coordination, jump jet turning, and MASC holds.

What I found is... It actually does a lot of damage and can easily escape if the situation gets hot or the UAC jams. It is best used for flanking individual enemies and overwhelming them.

The higher the engine, the more efficient MASC becomes. 102 to 130 kph can offer huge bonuses in throwing off enemy aim, getting around and away from an enemy, or flanking.

Of course, you have to disable it when firing or else PGI and their fear of the "using MASC while firing" meta will make your crosshair shake.

#2 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

a little slower, no jumpjets, but a little more punch to make ya a bit more lethal

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...64fbc4569fd482b

or replace the medium pulse with a medium laser so u retain 2 jump jets.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...69940fa7448a70d

Edited by CD0UG, 19 January 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#3 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

Forget about the single energy hardpoint.
UAC5 + 2SRM6+A is them way to go.
MASC is more usefull for dodging than JJs.

#4 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

I had an LB-10X + 2xSRM-6 build on an XL300 before. The UAC5 doesn't offer the kind of shoot and twist tactics that I'd expect from something with twin SRM-6's. The higher speed of an XL325 enables me to use the low cooldown of the SRM-4's and UAC5 to do consistent damage, and then leave really quickly when they try to focus me down. The single jumpjet is not for dodging, it's used for quicker turning, getting over small hills and gaps, and sustaining MASC speed for a short period after it has been used.

The medium laser is backup, and it only costs one ton.

#5 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

View PostMadHornet, on 19 January 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

The medium laser is backup, and it only costs one ton.

When you've got a medium laser you're tempted to use it.
Big mistake.
5 extra damage is not worth the 0.9 second of extra exposure. Especially when you have to fight mediums like a 9xSPL Nova (54 damage alpha strike, 0.75 laser duration).

Instead of a single medium laser, take more SRM ammo. That's 215 extra damage. This mech burns through 1 ton of SRM ammo within 21 seconds. In order to deal 215 damage with a medium laser, you would need 165 seconds (LOL).

Also, Artemis is mandatory for SRM6s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users