Where's The Rest Of The Unseen?

54 replies to this topic

#1 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Like many others, I'm sure, I thought that it was only a matter of time until the rest of the Unseen were released. As a light pilot, I specifically was waiting on the Wasp and the Stinger. The Valkyrie and Crusader I'm sure are on some wish lists as well.

I thought that with the single mech packages we were avoiding lights because the lack of demand. Now with this latest non-unseen release. I'm wondering if we'll see these mechs at all.

Have these iconic mechs been permanently left behind?

#2 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 18 January 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Have these iconic mechs been permanently left behind?

Hopefully.

Without any hardpoint inflation they'd both be more hardpoint starved than the Lolcust. They'd also be humanoid (and as such probably a larger profile to shoot at) and, if you wanted to add JJ's to them while keeping lolcust speed, they'd have less tonnage for weapons, which the lolcust already has barely any of.

I get that they're nostolgic mechs, but I can't see them being very good robots compared to the current roster of already bad lights that we have now.

#3 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

We need the Crusader at the very least.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

PSA: Longbow is an unseen mech too.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 19 January 2017 - 06:23 AM.

#5 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

They have something planned for them. Posted Image

#6 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:24 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 18 January 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

They have something planned for them. Posted Image

a $500 Mech Pack with early access to MechWarrior 5

#7 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 19 January 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

a $500 Mech Pack with early access to MechWarrior 5

And gold bobble heads, you almost forgot the gold bobble heads.

#8 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

Ya know we need it.

Posted Image

and yes a Gold Version would be nice as well. Posted Image

#9 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 18 January 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

We need the Crusader at the very least.

Whenever someone mentioned the Crusader, someone said something like "Yes, because we need another IS LRM heavy".

Which is (as sarcasm, of course) right. It would be just a different model with absolutely NO new added value/variation.

PLUS:
It either has a completely useless cockpit window OR all the crusader fanboys will whine how the head is totally not what the original art looks like (because face it: most of BT's original art is just childish, unusable cr*p).

So, which one it's gonna be?

Personally, I have a lot of positive associtations with the Crusader (finding 4 "brand new Crusader Mechs" in Crescent Hawk's revenge after fighting my a** off in mediums and even crappy tanks was REALLY awesome). But objectively, they look kind of cheesy and are statswise totally superfluous.

Do you REALLY need PGI to waste developer resources because you refuse to grow up?

edit:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...635c51ce6a1ca81
Here you go. You don't need the crappy MGs, anyway.
Also, this link showed impressively how bad the Crusader actually is. No heat sinks, hardly ammo, hardly energy weapons, slow, no jump jets. It's like taking everything that's bad, shoving it into one chassis and glueing a unicorn horn on it to make the pilot feel better.

Edited by Paigan, 19 January 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#10 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:12 AM

Posted Image

Gaahhhhhssspppp*Posted Image ................................................................................................................................... Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:42 AM

I would buy any and all of these 'mechs, especially the Crusader.

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:45 AM

View PostPaigan, on 19 January 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

Here you go. You don't need the crappy MGs, anyway.
Also, this link showed impressively how bad the Crusader actually is. No heat sinks, hardly ammo, hardly energy weapons, slow, no jump jets. It's like taking everything that's bad, shoving it into one chassis and glueing a unicorn horn on it to make the pilot feel better.

TBF, PGI will most likely increase Crusader's hard points and might give it an ECM or two in the potential (P) variants as well as its Hero. I am very certain that the mech will turn out to be much more versatile than that of the Catapult.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 January 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#13 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:00 AM

Anyone who does not want the Crusader is a bad person who should feel bad. Also they make baby Mechajesus cry and probably kick adorable puppies and kittens for fun.

No I am not at all biased and unfair in my opinions, why? :)

Give Crusader now, or I shall pout and hold my breath!

Seriously though, with as many different mechs as MWO has now nostalgia is, in my opinion, as valid a reason to add a mech as any other. More valid, in fact, as nostalgia for a certain chassis is the one thing which cannot already be done on an existing chassis in most cases.

#14 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

Given that the Unseen seem to have been the best selling mechs so far, I'd be surprised if we didn't see many more of them.

#15 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

View PostPaigan, on 19 January 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

and glueing a unicorn horn on it to make the pilot feel better.

Posted Image

How ya did know? Posted Image .........................Posted Image

But to be serious, Its an ionic Mech, it dont have to be that good to be loved.Posted Image *remember the Urbanmech* Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Revorn, 19 January 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#16 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

Well we do have lots of 65 tonners but out of the remaining unseen the Crusader is one of the better options along with the Longbow.

#17 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

I think it is safe to say that Stinger would be redundant/inferior when compared to Wasp, and Wasp would not really be any more effective than Locust. Player needs are already met sufficiently by Locust. Valkyrie would essentially render Panthers useless, as they can run comparable builds but without the CT limitations. Crusader is also redundant.

Now if quadrupeds were introduced....

#18 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 January 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

TBF, PGI will most likely increase Crusader's hard points and might give it an ECM or two in the potential (P) variants as well as its Hero. I am very certain that the mech will turn out to be much more versatile than that of the Catapult.

Why would there need to be any "P" Variants?

There's plenty of CRD variants to be used, especially now that we're getting 3060+ tech soon.

The standard CRD-3R has two LRM-15s, 2 SRM-6s, 2 Medium Lasers and 2 Machine guns. The LRM-15s are mounted in the shoulders, the laser and machine gun in the forearm, and the SRM-6s would probably be moved higher in the side torsos, unless PGI mounts them like the SRM-6s on the Atlas' left torso. I think they'd look better in the chest.

We can infer that they'd likely make the hard points something like 2 per side torso and arm, as well as 2 energy hard points per arm as well. Probably 2 ballistic points per arm as well, even though we know people would drop the MGuns and ammo.

The 2R comes with DHS, Endo, ART IV on the LRMs, and four Streak 2s instead of the two normal SRM6s. Add another missile, laser and ballistic point in the arms like the 3R, since it already has 4 missile points in the torsos.

The 3D drops the MGuns and ammo, replaces them with two SRM4s and more heat sinks. Again, just add another missile point in each arm and torso, and maybe 1-2 more laser hard points in each arm as there are no ballistic points.

The 3K is essentially the same as the 3D, so PGI can choose one or the other.

The 3L is also basically the same as the 3D and 3K, but you can add jump jets to this one.

The 4BR is upgraded to DHS and drops the SRM6s for Streak 2s.

The 4D/L uses Streak 2 and Medium Pulse lasers, while the 4K just uses Medium Pulse.

The 5K upgrades to Endo, DHS XL260, MRM30s, 2 medium pulse in each ST and 2 in the CT, as well as a C3 Slave.

The 5M has DHS, 260XL, jump jets, two medium lasers in the left arm, a flamer and MGun in the right, an AMS in the head,

The 5S is like the 3D, drops the MGuns, upgrades to DHS, but adds a flamer to the right arm.

The 6M isn't likely due to the MML, but if we get the Streak 4s and Light PPCs, they might just fudge LRMs or MRMs instead of the MMLs.

The 7L depends on whether we get alternate armor types, as it uses Stealth Armor, but it also has Streak 4s, ER Mediums, Guardian ECM and Jump jets.

The 7W and 8L again aren't likely due to the MMLs, the 7W also has an XL Gyro and Light Ferro, while the 8L mounts Plasma rifles.

Finally the 8S could be included if we get the Heavy Gauss rifle.

Plus we have 2 canon options for an actual Hero mech.

The CRD-3R Crael, which mounted 4 SRM6s, one in each arm and ST, plus it had claws which could be worked in like the claws on the Kodiak. And it had big ol' spikes mounted on the chest and shoulders.

Finally Galen Cox, who was Victor Davion's right-hand man for the longest time piloted a Crusader.

So we have a total of 16 possible variants for PGI to choose from if they were to make the Crusader, and since we only need 5 actual canon variants, not counting the Special or Hero as they can do whatever they like with that, PGI has plenty to work with.

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 January 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Why would there need to be any "P" Variants?

There are always the need to significantly alter the mech loadout under the guise of "custom variant" and put them behind bigger paywalls, such as in the reinforcement pack. Makes business sense, especially since people are calling the Crusader redundant.

Edited by El Bandito, 19 January 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#20 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:48 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty much my sole reason to want this mech....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users