Drop Deck?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Koyoko

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

I just started playing and own only one mech its a mad dog prime with 2 lrm 15+artmis and 2 erppc can run hot if I am not carefully what I want to know is what mecs should I look to buy to make a good clan drop deck and in what order I plan on being a ghost bear loyalist

#2 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

Really any of the clan Mechs are potent in the right hands. Usually clan Mechs have versatility and excel at one thing or another. Do some research. Being an old fan of the shadowcat it was the first chassis I mastered 3 mechs in. Ebon jaguars, hellbringers, linebackers, huntsman, novas, artic cheatas, night gyrs.

Watch some youtube videos, learn some.play styles. I saw proton using the night gyrs on stream, was instantly impressed with the dual ppc one guass build I bought them.

Every mech chassis has a different feel and "flow" just have to test the trials see if they suit your needs or hook you.

#3 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostKoyoko, on 20 January 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

I just started playing and own only one mech its a mad dog prime with 2 lrm 15+artmis and 2 erppc can run hot if I am not carefully what I want to know is what mecs should I look to buy to make a good clan drop deck and in what order I plan on being a ghost bear loyalist

Ebon Jaguar B. Run 2 Large Pulse + 4 Medium lasers and a TC1. Run that for a while and practice your aim and controlling heat. Once you get comfortable with that add another medium laser. Contact us in game if your Ghost bear Loyalist we take on new players and get them trained up. Bad news bears.

Edited by Ragnar Baron Leiningen, 20 January 2017 - 10:29 AM.

#4 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

MW-F unit reccomends
Drop Deck:
Hunchback 2c 4SSRM6 2ERSL (kill lights)
Nova 10ERSL + Targeting comp (poke, close combat)
Hellbringer with ECM 2LPL 3ERML (brawler, mid range)
Timber Wolf 3ac2 ERLL (for start, long range)

Edited by ENOVA, 29 January 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

3 Ebons and a Shadowcat is an easy one.

You can build EBJs to cover most roles, and now you get to meet the "rule of 3" standard (for now) so can master all 3 without having to buy new mech bays.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

View PostKoyoko, on 20 January 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

First problem - LRMs. 2nd problem, low arm mounted weapons.

The MDD is good for two things only in FP - SSRM and SRM. Due to IS tonnage right now, only fools are bringing lights so the MDD (and SSRM) are largely redundant right now. It's only silly PUGs that top/front load a deck with too much tonnage and need to bring a locust or whatever which is just simply too ez to kill.

So get some EBJs. 2cLPL / 4cEML as per above. Once you get used to heat 2cLPL / 6cERML. I would guess that will take you a while to get your head around though.
Or some HBRs. HBRs are better for lower tier players and PUG matches because the ECM makes you invisible to people. Hell I've stood directly infront of a mech - looking straight at me. He didn't shoot, just dumb T5 users.

The biggest issue with the HBR though is all the weapns are in the left side if you got all laser. So if you lose a torso you are stuffed. Where the EBJ you can spread it around and still have 2-3 cERML left. You can also run a Gauss / 4cERML on the HBR. That works quite well actually.

You can run dual UACs on the EBJ but as it stands the UACs right now are just a trash weapon given how hard PGI nerfed them. Or a LBX20/4cMPL on the EBJ for a mad brawler.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 02 February 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#7 MrHail

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

The mech you have is not that good for FP.

I would suggest:
http://metamechs.com...ropship-ladder/

Good mechs for FP usually use energy because you can run out of ammo otherwise and you have to ditch the mech if you use LRMs or Dakka or other ammo...

The most suggested drop deck on that site is 2 x TBR-A and 2 x HBK-IIC-A. That looks like a good drop deck imo.

LRMs in FP are very very bad in general because you can't focus the CT and you also run out of ammo....

Edited by MrHail, 03 February 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#8 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

All truths so far. Mad Dog is great IHO, 6xSRM6 & ersl or erml for a short/medium range brawler, the build you got there is....not great. When it comes to drop decks, You have a lot more mechs to buy in the future, but I liked to arrange my drop decks into two categories, when I had just two....

First Brawling deck, Short to medium range builds, specifically targeted at tanking damage and putting out lots of damage without overheating.

Second, Trading Deck, High Energy/ballistic mounts for poking on hills, ECM or AMS because you might deal with LRMS if you’re way back. Any range build should also be able to hang if you get close. Spls and SRM6s or streaks are a crucial part of a good trading deck. If you have space for a few LRMs, they can be useful if your team supports their use. Don’t rely on them to do real damage though. They can be used to flush out enemy snipers or get people out of bad cover

Most fights always end up face to face. The Brawling deck is very useful if you have corners and chokes and don’t have to engage at over 300 meters.

The Trading deck is good at poking and engaging at range while staying mostly concealed. PPC’s Gauss, ERL (Even UAC2’s if you have enough of them to make it worthwhile) can be good for this deck.

It’s a hot point, but Id only use LRMs sparingly on a deck of this sort, maybe a couple of LRM 5s or 10s, and only if your team knows how to support their use effectively and you understand that they are a first strike weapon. Use them to soften up armor before a brawl, or support a team-mate in a brawl.

Or try to mix each deck up a bit, a couple builds for each type of fight can also be useful.

#9 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostMrHail, on 03 February 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

The most suggested drop deck on that site is 2 x TBR-A and 2 x HBK-IIC-A. That looks like a good drop deck imo.

If only you could rock that deck these days. Clan Tonnage Nerf prevents that deck now unfortunately, sub a HBK (hunchback) for a Viper or a tiberwolf for a Hellbringer.

Can't help but notice that Davion House Scum doesn't even know the Clan tonnage limitations imposed by our cruel overlords at PGI ;)..... How do you like your extra 25 tons MrHail?

#10 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

If you are going with Ghost Bear mechs then Kodiak for sure. Then Mad Dog that you own, Executioner and Viper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users