253 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

As the title says, why exactly were Warhammers nerf instead of, you know, buffing IS mechs? Between the Summoner, Night Gyr, and Timber Wolf the Clans have the heavy class pretty much dominated and you nerfed the single IS heavy that was even remotely competitive with them? lolwut.

Sorry, but if you think the cooling on side torso loss will somehow change the need for that you are woefully naive PGI.

For those who haven't seen, patch notes for next tuesday are up and they include Warhammer nerfs

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 20 January 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

Because it's overperforming.

I'd just like to know where it's overperforming. Because I can honestly say that in the 60 or so matches I've had this season, I've seen maybe 2 Warhammer. Are they tearing apart CW or group queue or something? Tier 1 only matches, maybe?

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostBombast, on 20 January 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'd just like to know where it's overperforming. Because I can honestly say that in the 60 or so matches I've had this season, I've seen maybe 2 Warhammer. Are they tearing apart CW or group queue or something? Tier 1 only matches, maybe?

They are the strongest IS heavy, so they are overperforming compared to other IS heavies, but IS heavies in general just pale in comparison to Clan heavies.

#4 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

Nooooo my warhammers :(

#5 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostBombast, on 20 January 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Because it's overperforming.

Warhammers are the most widely seen IS heavy in FW, since you know, it can somewhat compete with clan mechs until it gets a ST opened up. It's a nerf that's not needed. Guess I'll be using Grasshopper-P's for the next month

#6 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 20 January 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

They are the strongest IS heavy, so they are overperforming compared to other IS heavies, but IS heavies in general just pale in comparison to Clan heavies.

People keep telling me that, but I can never find one in solo queue to see for myself. It's all Marauders and the occasional Rifleman.

#7 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

Really Pgi? The Clans have the best of every weight class...

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 20 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Warhammers are the most widely seen IS heavy in FW, since you know, it can somewhat compete with clan mechs until it gets a ST opened up. It's a nerf that's not needed. Guess I'll be using Grasshopper-P's for the next month

I swear that is exactly what this is. Someone at PGI has a clear hard...affinity...for the Grasshopper 5P. The only Hopper not nerfed after rescale. The Hammer displaces it in CW drops, and now this.

#9 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

I mean some of the Summoner nerfs were undeserved as well (PGI missing the point like they did with Clan XL and the Kodiaks) but I guess at least they are listening?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 20 January 2017 - 02:26 PM.

#10 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

So sad. Meanwhile every single clan Omni got blanket nerfed thanks to the rivers of IS tears. Still have your grasshoppers and battmasters.

#11 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 20 January 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Haha no they are not the strongest IS heavy.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 20 January 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

So sad. Meanwhile every single clan Omni got blanket nerfed thanks to the rivers of IS tears. Still have your grasshoppers and battmasters.

because -40% cooling (for ENGINE HEATSINKS ONLY) > Instant Death?

GGCLose.

#13 Erik Krieger

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

I know that nobody cares about my opinion, especially PGI. But all this quirk changes and "balancing" every damn month are annoying me big time. I am investing so much time, sometimes money and playtime to build the best variant for me and then a quirk change destroys my efforts again.

And why in the world have all Mechs in one weight class to be "equal" in performance??? I don't get it... Differences these days seeming all to be "evil" and "discriminatory"... but they are often just facts and they are the salt in life... i don't want "mech correctness" in this game... leave me alone with that!

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostNobleSavage, on 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

I know that nobody cares about my opinion, especially PGI. But all this quirk changes and "balancing" every damn month are annoying me big time. I am investing so much time, sometimes money and playtime to build the best variant for me and then a quirk change destroys my efforts again.

And why in the world have all Mechs in one weight class to be "equal" in performance??? I don't get it... Differences these days seeming all to be "evil" and "discriminatory"... but they are often just facts and they are the salt in life... i don't want "mech correctness" in this game... leave me alone with that!

Welcome to online multiplayer video games.

As has been said many times before - Live by the meta, die by the meta. If the only way you can have fun is to skim the best of the best and sit atop the OP and game breaking, then expect to have to tap dance to another stage every once in a while.

#15 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostKing Alen, on 20 January 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Haha no they are not the strongest IS heavy.

So what is out of curiosity?

#16 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

eh - adaptability is a frustrating skill to build, but a great one to have.

#17 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

This was pretty nonsensical. Were people complaining it was too tanky?

If it was too well represented. Then the smart thing to do is buff the other IS heavies. This is truly infuriating.

#18 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

I find it frustrating that PGI, for some unknown reason, believes that nerf'ing the best IS Heavy in the game suddenly makes the other IS Heavies more viable, even after these same IS Heavies were resized without compensating them with more structure.

Looks like Grasshoppers are going to be infesting FW for awhile. Soon enough they will be nerf'd I'm sure. Thus leading to PGI slowly whittling down the good IS Heavies' effectiveness, while giving **** Mechs like the Dragon more buffs. Lol sorry PGI, your Dragon will forever be terrible in comparison to what we have now.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 20 January 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

must be nice stacking all that laser on their heavy's and assaults, and firing without a second thought. IS payers are just spoiled.

#20 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

It is annoying. But sadly, that's also the worl of PvP play, mostly.constant balance shifting. Most just do it better than PGI. Hell. A Blind Chimp could use the Dartboard of Destiny better than PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users