Something Wrong With Oceanic Servers?

12 replies to this topic

#1 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

So I live in Australia and when playing on the Oceanic server I get 270+ ping when I used to get 140. The reason this confuses me is because when I play on the North America server I get 220 ping which makes no sense to me. Are there issues with the Oceanic servers at the moment? Its been like this for a few days now.

Edited by LongJohnSilver, 23 January 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

All I can think of is routing issues from your ISP to that location.

#3 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Who is your ISP?

PS, 95% of the time the servers are fine, ISP issues account for the 95% of issues.

#4 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 23 January 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Who is your ISP?

PS, 95% of the time the servers are fine, ISP issues account for the 95% of issues.

Telstra is my ISP

#5 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

Hey brother, Aussie here with Telstra ISP, have been for over a decade.
Now before you listen to people trying to blame your ISP or router or a dozen other things Try this, log onto any other online game you play and see if you have the same ping issue.
I play WOWs 120 ping US server, Warthunder 150 ping US servers, about the same to their Euro servers, other games also but wont mention like GW because different gender all coming in from 120 to 180 ping.
MWO whether the US or Euro servers i get 250+ never played their so called Oceanic server so wont comment, i was never routed thru Europe as many were claiming Telstras routing was doing.
Just bad PGI servers and OVH routing, test all you like but most likely you will find that MWO is only game that gives you these bad lag problems, or at least these 200+ ping times.
Try the other games (for ping) and see if its universal or an MWO issue.

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

http://testmy.net/

For those that prefer actual things to try and use to test rather than go off the words of others, I give you this.

#7 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 23 January 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hey brother, Aussie here with Telstra ISP, have been for over a decade.
Now before you listen to people trying to blame your ISP or router or a dozen other things Try this, log onto any other online game you play and see if you have the same ping issue.
I play WOWs 120 ping US server, Warthunder 150 ping US servers, about the same to their Euro servers, other games also but wont mention like GW because different gender all coming in from 120 to 180 ping.
MWO whether the US or Euro servers i get 250+ never played their so called Oceanic server so wont comment, i was never routed thru Europe as many were claiming Telstras routing was doing.
Just bad PGI servers and OVH routing, test all you like but most likely you will find that MWO is only game that gives you these bad lag problems, or at least these 200+ ping times.
Try the other games (for ping) and see if its universal or an MWO issue.

Yeah any other game I play I have normal ping. On League I get 23ms which is really good, so I don't know what the problem is.

#8 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostLongJohnSilver, on 23 January 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Yeah any other game I play I have normal ping. On League I get 23ms which is really good, so I don't know what the problem is.

To be honest, it just might be their servers. Be it something on their end or in-between is a long guess on what it actually is.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 January 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

To be honest, it just might be their servers. Be it something on their end or in-between is a long guess on what it actually is.

Well, it's unlikely that PGI is spending extra money to get their packets prioritized.

#10 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

View PostLongJohnSilver, on 23 January 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

So I live in Australia and when playing on the Oceanic server I get 270+ ping when I used to get 140. The reason this confuses me is because when I play on the North America server I get 220 ping which makes no sense to me. Are there issues with the Oceanic servers at the moment? Its been like this for a few days now.

I live across the ditch... and gave up on the Oceanic server many, many months ago... ping all over the place often worse than North America with crazy spikes... (oh that mwo had bf1 ping for me).

#11 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

Something happened to my connection too. I am currently somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

I used to be 190 to 210 ms to MWO, but now its 270 ms.

European servers used to be over 300, now around 270 ms.

Oceanic servers used to be over 300, now around 230 ms.

My pings to War Thunder is currently 160 ms and my pings to World of Warships is around 105 ms.

#12 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

/FACEPALM

guys...... google is your friend, THE OCEANIC SERVER IS IN SINGAPORE, THATS Y UR PING SUX.

#13 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

I've given up on expecting decent pings from the Oceanic server. Routing is shot to hell, and has been for ages. The cable to Singapore gets cut at least three times a year and and gets ignored by most routes anyway.

End of the day, ISPs only need to provide wooden spoon level service so that's all they give. You can try and get them to fix a route, but often their help desk wont know what you are talking about and its too much effort to explain their job to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users