3 replies to this topic

#1 4lex

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

I got back into MWO after a leave of 4 years break, and dude so many things have changed. If i remember well, ballistic weapons used to do half damage at double the base range and zero at triple the base range. But now from what i see on smurfy max range for ac2 is 720m.

Am i dreaming this triple range thingy, or is it smurfy, or a ballistic nerf?

Also, about those IS ppc minimum range. I remember they used have a damage reduction from 90m to 0m doing half damage at 45m. But now it seem i don't do nothing under 90m.

thanks for the help

#2 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:03 AM

View Post4lex, on 27 January 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

I got back into MWO after a leave of 4 years break, and dude so many things have changed. If i remember well, ballistic weapons used to do half damage at double the base range and zero at triple the base range. But now from what i see on smurfy max range for ac2 is 720m.

Am i dreaming this triple range thingy, or is it smurfy, or a ballistic nerf?

Also, about those IS ppc minimum range. I remember they used have a damage reduction from 90m to 0m doing half damage at 45m. But now it seem i don't do nothing under 90m.

thanks for the help

Yup, all unified now because PGI said so.
All ballistics have linear fallover from optimal range (max damage) to zero damage @ 2x optimal range.
PPC won't do jacksh.. below 90 meter.
The only other linear falloff are clan LRM with a linear falloff from 180 (max damage) to 0 damage @ 0 meter.

#3 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm very sure that the falloff for Clan LRMs is exponential, with damage falling off faster as you get closer to 0 meters.

Regardless, in answer to the question, yes: PGI nerfed the maximum range of Gauss rifles to moderate performance issues they were seeing in the game telemetry (i.e. they found the weapons were overperforming for those who used them.)

#4 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

View Post4lex, on 27 January 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

720m is the optimal range for AC-2s. Its max range is 1,440m with a linear falloff in damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users