War Horn Suggestions

9 replies to this topic

#1 Revenant Kitsune

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

So I had an idea for a war horn that came about from the return of the Stormcrow to scouting. Idea is basically a little storm cloud that when you get a kill has a soft flash of light in it like lightning in the cloud followed by the sound of a thunderclap.

I did a little looking and couldn't find anywhere to submit such an idea so instead I have posted here. Anyone else have some war horn ideas?

#2 KevinZhang

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

A warhorn that has a well known PGI person like that Leman Russ guy say "Would you like to buy a Mechpack" every kill and then a cha-ching noise.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Duncan Fisher saying various catch phrases like "KAPOW!" when you get a kill.

It would be the only warhorn that I don't consider to be trashy.

#4 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostKevinZhang, on 23 January 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

A warhorn that has a well known PGI person like that Leman Russ guy say "Would you like to buy a Mechpack" every kill and then a cha-ching noise.

This has made my God damn day. Can't stop laughing.

#5 Revenant Kitsune

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 January 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Duncan Fisher saying various catch phrases like "KAPOW!" when you get a kill.

It would be the only warhorn that I don't consider to be trashy.

"KAPOW!! ... that's gonna leave a mark" would buy these for so many of my mechs.

Reward for Solaris VII ranks when it comes out or something?

Edited by Revenant Kitsune, 23 January 2018 - 01:10 PM.

#6 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

"And another bites the dust", while the music is playing.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Buddhist mantra Om Mani Pame Hum.

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 December 2016 - 01:39 AM, said:

Now this might sound offensive to some, but I thought about it for a long time and decided that I want Buddhist cockpit item set. I know full well that Buddhism does not condone killing (my parents are Buddhists and I was born in a Buddhist country), but killing someone for self defense is considered "compassionate killing" (you are killing someone who is out to kill you so that he will be spared the negative karma). There are plenty of examples in history where monks had involved themselves in war, to kill. Also, this is a video game. Plenty of Capellan and Combine soldiers were Buddhist, for example.

With that out of the way, lets go into the details.

1. Mounted item will be a Dharma Wheel (Dharmachakra). It symbolizes the order of the cosmos, and the way of things. It looks something like these. After a kill it can spin, or glow brighter.

Posted Image Posted Image

Once a kill is achieved, there should be a Buddhist chant of "Om Mani Padme Hum". The chant is a mantra designed to prevent one to fall into the six realms of cyclic existence (Saṃsāra) during rebirth--especially after committing such grievous offense as killing. Actually the mantra has whole lot of other applications, but it can be used after doing something inappropriate like that of destroying an enemy mech. In MWO this can be interpreted as repenting for the killing of the enemy as well as putting the dead noob's soul to rest.

2. Standing item will be the Mani Wheel. It is a prayer wheel one spins while chanting the mantra written above. It is used to accumulate wisdom and merit and purge negative karma. Something that seems highly appropriate after killing the enemy. Mani wheels look like this.

Posted Image Posted Image

After a kill is achieved, the item will spin a few times while the Buddhist chant is played on the mounted item.

3. Hanging item will be Buddhist prayer beads. The bead is is generally used in conjunction with the mantra chanting, to further focus one's mind. People use different colors or materials of beads depending on the type of mantra chanted.

Posted Image

The beads can be further decorated with a tassel or the picture of Buddha.

#8 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Vuvuzela pls

#9 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

I fifth the Duncan Fisher idea. They could even do a Haven Kendrick one.

One that has the schwing sound of a sword being drawn would be nice, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users