124 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

You guys know the drill - ask a question about MechWarrior Online, and we'll do our best to answer. Thanks for your time! :blink:

#2 Bitslizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

Is the current Radar/LoS system the way it will be in the release? or will 360 radar ever be available, be it only via module upgrades or otherwise?

#3 BrokenDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMiddlesex(UK)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

Arrow IV?

#4 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

What kind of communication and planning options will there be in the pre-match lobby?

#5 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Question 1:

In Dev Blog 3 of Role Warfare the player is described as being able to choose to take contracts or enter quick matches. Please elaborate on the differences between the two choices.

Question 2:

What will happen to ammo partially used up after each match? For example say I'm in a Centurion with an AC10 that has 1 ton worth of AC10 ammo. If I only fire 6 rounds by the end of the round, will I still have the remaining 4 rounds when I return to mech lab?

Edited by BFett, 20 July 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Can you guys release WHICH VARIANTS will be available for the announced 'mechs?

#7 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Are there plans to speed up the timeline to include mechs like the Bushwhacker and Uziel? obviously this is after the clan invasion.

#8 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

When a weapon is "destroyed" in battle, will it be lost and have to be repurchased a la MW4:Mercs, or can it be salvaged at a lower cost as a part of mech repairs? Probably doesn't matter for a medium laser, but more expensive weapon systems could put a serious drain on resources if it's always getting targeted and destroyed like the Hunchback's primary ballistic weapon.

#9 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

What will salvage rights be for mercenaries? (if there will be salvage, if not dis-regard).

#10 Rogbull

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Will MWO have a musical score and if so, who is the artist?

#11 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

1) From the videos released it is apparent that the Mechs can take more damage than in the tabletop game, so either the weapons' power have been reduced, or the armor increased... however, the ammo per ton has stayed the same. This seems to diminish the capabilities of ammo-dependent units. Can you speak to this concern?

2) Anything on in-game economics... a) more specific on Faction Bonuses / faction leveling due to size, :blink: ...anything...

3) In Game Currency... what, specifically, have I purchased on faith?

#12 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

1) Will there be a communication quickmenu, either a command-rose or even better something that allows us to click on the minimap and select from different commands/statusreports?

2) How many Urbanmechs does it take to change a lightbulb?

#13 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

On Community Warfare and the possibility to control planets. Are all planets created equal? Or will some planets be worth more to hold than others? Perhaps with their own factories and such. Or cbills generated. Canopian Pleasure Circus Catgirls for sale?

Will travel time have an impact in game? Being a merc will I have to do lots of traveling to fullfill contracts. Are contracts for extended periods? "Watch over this planet for the next two months." Might be tedious compared to "We need you to strike this facility and thwart this House's industrial capability."

Edited by Rhyshaelkan, 20 July 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#14 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

The hardpoint system in appliance to the Banshee. There are no weapons on its arms. That being said, does that mean I can mount any weapons on there that I like? :blink: Or no weapons at all? ;)

#15 Buso Senshi Zelazny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

How is matchmaking in the pre-game lobby going to work?
More precisely:
1. Does your choice of mech place you in a lobby where your chassis/role is needed?
2. Does everyone choose their chassis once two full teams of 12 v 12 have been matched up?
3. Do you have to coordinate with your teammates before hand on who fills what role?
4. A combination of some of the previous methods and at the same time entirely different?

Edited by Buso Senshi Zelazny, 20 July 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#16 PhTx3

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationDublin/Kraków

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Bears or Ponies?

#17 Lettuce Prey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRedwood Forest Humboldt County California - in other words i live out in the woods

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

on the BIG map.

WOT has it's BIG map game and it's a good idea, but implementation seems to be difficult because Europe only breaks up into so many parts before things get too small.

i have looked around a bit for comments on the way the BIG map will work here, and found very little.
i understand and agree that this is not a high priority at this time.

is there a place in the forums where i can look over your shoulder at what you are thinking of about how the BIG map part of the game will work?
not meaning a place to get absolute and hard facts of how it will be implemented, but ideas that may or may not work, things that may be completely abandoned and things being considered and ideas tossed around.
hhmmm. that does sound a bit intrusive, how about just a forum title with a sticky where we can look at how the discussion is going anytime you decide to throw us a bone.

#18 Cheveyo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

From Dev Blog 4:
BattleMech Efficiencies

this is the basic layout of the tree for any of the ’Mechs or variants that we launch with (or when we initially introduce the base model and chassis of any brand new ’Mech). Players need to spend XP to unlock all of the upgrades on each tier in order to be able to access the next tier. The jump jet related upgrades on tier 4 would be removed for any ’Mech that doesn’t have jump jets. In order to access Elite I, the player needs to not only unlock all upgrades on tiers 1-4 of this model, but they have to do the same for every initial variant. After they access and spend XP to unlock Elite I, tier 5 is then accessible for all initial variants. Elite II is accessed in a manner similar to Elite I. The player must have unlocked tier 8 on each of the initial variants.

Does that mean that a pilot is forced to buy and play every different chassis of a mech to be able to fully upgrade his preferred chassis?

Edited by Cheveyo, 20 July 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#19 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

Are you planning to make Quad 'Mechs?

#20 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

My sister and I will be playing next to each other. She wants to be a commander, with me defending her, what type of command orders will she give to help me gain points while just waiting for the enemy to come to us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users