True Dubble Heatsinks

5 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

I think we have reached a point in the game where clans should have true dubble heatsinks. I would like to talk pros and cons on this with both IS and Clanners. Let me know your thoughts.

With the new 40% drawback for damaged clan engine going into effect next patch, I think it's time we had dubble heatsinks throughout the Mech not just the engine. 1.5 just isn't cutting it these days.

#2 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

Well here's the thing, Alpha strike builds are still a huge problem, and adding true Double strength heat sinks will be like throwing gasoline on the alpha build fire that already exists. Now personally instead of doubling the heat penalty, they should have increased the penalty to speed with the loss of a side torso.

#3 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

:/

#4 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

Point taken, another idea would be to instead of giving us true dubble reduce the ghost heat penalty clan wepons suffer. So to put in context I guess I should have stated I did a experiment last night with a grasshopper trial mech. I was able to do 8 alpha strikes with 3 large pulse before the overheat warning. * I'm savingredients up cbills to try a similar build out with a summoner I heard of for comparison. * that's a little insane if you ask me.

View PostNaglinator, on 01 February 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

:/

Thank you for your thoughts ;)

#5 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

Lol well I agree with you on theory, you are going to set off a landmine of freebirth crying OP in the forums. Hence for PC reasons, :/

#6 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 01 February 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Lol well I agree with you on theory, you are going to set off a landmine of freebirth crying OP in the forums. Hence for PC reasons, :/
not looking for a argument, this is more of a discussion. Pros and cons are welcome.

I know the grasshopper is just one example, and I used that mech because I've personally gravitated away from using assaults in my FP drop build. So I wanted to have an example of a mech *weight wise* I'd use inow my drop deck. Btw ebon jag is another on my list to buy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users