• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

To all Dísa from the home-goddesses, to the field-goddesses, to the sky-goddesses, to the sea goddesses, to the great Vana and Asa-goddesses who dwell above us in the realms of Vanaheim and Asgard. I, Dane Jarl, offer the sacrifice of clanner blood to you as the sacral-king of the my people.

Accept my offering on this, your day, and bless my people with strength, power and luck to defeat the clanner hoard that even now defiles our once blessed abodes!

Let us be your champions, heroes and heralds in these coming battles. Let us spill even more blood in your name. Till Vaholl!

Posted Image

Edited by Mech The Dane, 03 February 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#2 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

My apologies Jarl, but the Chosen of Luna have been given orders to put down your little rebellion. I assure you, that this is just business and nothing more.

While we have no love for the Clans, they have paid us, and paid us well and we will honor that contract.

#3 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

--- Incoming ---

The battle rages but we are pushing them back <stop>
Losses are moderate to heavy but we keep hitting them <stop>
Broke their lines in several spots<stop>
See fear in their faces as we charge without concern for our lives into their middle<stop>
Victory is within reach <stop>
The Son's of Odin will fight to the last <stop>

---- END TRANSMISSION ----

Edited by nehebkau, 03 February 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

Seems the event brings all the bad LRM'ing PUGs to the yard.

LRM Atlai... Pulling 400dmg across 4 mechs. Amazing

#5 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 February 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Seems the event brings all the bad LRM'ing PUGs to the yard.

LRM Atlai... Pulling 400dmg across 4 mechs. Amazing

so you're gonna blame pugs for not taking a planet?

#6 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

--- Incoming ---

The battle rages please send tacos
Losses are moderate to heavy in the giant space nerd lance
Broke their lines in several spots when the jarl yelled into teamspeak for his mom to bring him a hot pocket.
See fear in their faces as we charge without concern for our lives into their middle and pump ppc round into the enemy within 60 meters
Victory is within reach but we lost cause the jarl had to go to bed, it's a weeknight and he has SCA LARP in the morning. stop
The Son's of Odin will fight till they get pushed to scouting by jarl carl helmut the great

---- END TRANSMISSION ----

#7 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

Results

But thanks for getting everyone to come out anyways. Now go get your shine box

Edited by Ragnar Baron Leiningen, 03 February 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#8 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

The IS today.

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 03 February 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Actually NGNG provided the IS with quite a bit of MC codes. I passed some around a few drops in the FRR hub and I gave the rest to the Davions to distribute as well. So we got quite a lot.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 03 February 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#10 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 03 February 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Actually NGNG provided the IS with quite a bit of MC codes. I passed some around a few drops in the FRR hub and I gave the rest to the Davions to distribute as well. So we got quite a lot.

Just poking fun.

#11 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

As Eric pulls himself on top of his Timber Wolf, he over looks the frozen field below. Seeing remains of a good two dozen 'mechs in front of him, smoldering and spewing thick black smoke with the occasional pop of remaining munitions cooking off with in the inferno of what was once tons of military hardware. With a few Elemental's bounding through the carnage looking for survivors or remains of any warriors left on the field. He glances at his 'mechs right arm,or what was only a few hours ago, his empty SRM launchers covered in what is now slagged steel. A chilled breeze sweeps up the snow around him as he turns around to see his objective untouched by the devastation around him, "What madness is this that these Freeborne continue to press, fruitless battles only resulting in lose of life? That in their attempts at "liberation" only result in more pointless death to their citizens and warriors......"

Good games tonight, to bad never got to see any of you on the battlefield tonight.

Edited by CK16, 03 February 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#12 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

In the four hours that the "event" ran.. I think I spent at least 1 solid hour staring at a blue circle just waiting for the privilege to queue for a match..

..and out of all of that, only got to see one single god damned actual Invasion match before it ended.

I also saw some of the most horrifically bad builds and chassis choices that I've witnessed in weeks.

I give tonight a 3/10.. and I'm only rating it that high because I managed to rank-up to the level just before the 1500MC payout. (Just three more months of FP and I'll be able to buy one-third of a hero mech.. yay, I guess..)

Posted Image

#13 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

... The IS came within 1 match of taking planets this phase when EVIL and EMP were dropping in force against them. While not a complete success, I would call it a very good job overall and shows you that it is possible to fight the clans.

Congrats to those two teams though as they clearly saved those planets from falling tonight.

Oh and Mech the Dane, while I may not appreciate the finer theatrical arts as much as you do, if it gets people out and playing, I am all for it. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Pat Kell, 03 February 2017 - 11:25 PM.

#14 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 February 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

... The IS came within 1 match of taking planets this phase when EVIL and EMP were dropping in force against them. While not a complete success, I would call it a very good job overall and shows you that it is possible to fight the clans.

Congrats to those two teams though as they clearly saved those planets from falling tonight.

CGBI along with some CNCI dropped and went like 5-0 up till 11est. We broke up for a short 30 min break and held our ground long enough.

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:36 PM

My heart was broken by the abject cluelessness of the PUGs and the builds they brought.

I meta'd up and did consistent 2200 damage games, but it wasn't enough to compensate for the several players doing from 125 to 400 damage every time. We'd be winning til the 3rd wave, and then permadead potatoes would cost us the match.

Thank you Mech the Dane for maintaining the enthusiasm to rally the troops. It's a shame PGI won't address the matchmaking issue of large groups playing clueless solo players, and give you a fighting chance of winning.

#16 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 03 February 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

In the four hours that the "event" ran.. I think I spent at least 1 solid hour staring at a blue circle just waiting for the privilege to queue for a match..

..and out of all of that, only got to see one single god damned actual Invasion match before it ended.

I also saw some of the most horrifically bad builds and chassis choices that I've witnessed in weeks.

I give tonight a 3/10.. and I'm only rating it that high because I managed to rank-up to the level just before the 1500MC payout. (Just three more months of FP and I'll be able to buy one-third of a hero mech.. yay, I guess..)

Posted Image

maybe next time we only tell the loyalists. witha most mercs IS now, thats 70% of the FW pop queing against 30 clan, when it could be 30/30 and mercs just wondering whats goin on. just sayin, with every merc out there inflating the que, its gonna demolish the wue times. 30% of the players cant a vast majority of players at once, the opponents just arent there in this case.

alternatively, can a clanner step up to be Dnes counterpart, and yall merc leaders split yourselves more evenly for the next time. then wed have some decent ques, and for the next weekish pop would be spread greatly on skill level. pgi would just have to moniter that week to get viable data on balance.

just a thought, take it or leave it.

#17 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 February 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Oh and Mech the Dane, while I may not appreciate the finer theatrical arts as much as you do, if it gets people out and playing, I am all for it. Keep up the good work.

Now the wolves of the sphere come for the little clan potatoes....

:>

#18 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

View Postnaterist, on 03 February 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

and yall merc leaders split yourselves more evenly for the next time. then wed have some decent ques, and for the next weekish pop would be spread greatly on skill level. pgi would just have to moniter that week to get viable data on balance.

just a thought, take it or leave it.

We will get right on it.

Can I please have a list of mercs who plan to play during the next event so that we can have even ques. I will need a detailed list showing who will be playing, what times they will be playing and for which side they intend to play for. Once that is turned in, I (or someone willing to take on a thankless, doomed from the start task) will just set about ordering units to switch factions based on their available play times and participating members.

View PostScout Derek, on 03 February 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Now the wolves of the sphere come for the little clan potatoes....

:>

yea...sorry about that. I was kinda hoping people would keep playing into the next cycle but I guess not.

#19 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 04 February 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

yea...sorry about that. I was kinda hoping people would keep playing into the next cycle but I guess not.

Could Care less honestly. Potatoes gunna potate.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

View Postebolachan, on 03 February 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

so you're gonna blame pugs for not taking a planet?

No?

IS only needed 1 more win to secure planets.

It was literally down to the last 3.3% in US phase, just passed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users