Sick Of It.

61 replies to this topic

#1 Jace Blue

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Guys, I'm tired of dropping with people who think a kitfox with 4 LRM 5's is a good idea, I'm also sick of dropping with random's who think shooting the pug's who brought any LRM's is also a good idea because they're "tier 1" and lrms are trash because they spread damage and that's why we're losing (where's the outrage at LBX's? and srm's over their spread hmm? It's also interesting how people dislike polar highlands because they have nothing to hide behind and experience withering LRM fire). I'm tired of CW drops where skittle Dezgra roll over a seeming bunch of scrubs who don't know about teammate positional awareness.
I'm either looking for a loyalist Clan Wolf unit that's on between 3pm-dropping dead from exhaustion pacific time or I'm looking for people who are just as tired of it and want to start something great. Please don't just refer me to the WTAU, CWI, or CNW. I've either already considered the units and disregarded, or already tried to get in contact with and drop with and never actually saw anyone from that unit. In a game of 12 vs 12 it's not the individual who makes the team, its the team that makes the individual(I realise a team of outstanding individuals is a recipe for greatness). Yes my best kill record is still 1 kill short of the ace of spades and I am not the 1%, yes I'm just tier 3 but when you're dropping with pugs and have less than 1000 drops it's not likely you have the games in to move up the tiers or the teamwork to actually win. When people see they are dropping against Wolf I want them to quake in their pee-pants. I want them to know they are being hunted by the pack and that it will take the tenacity of a thousand men clawing their way back from whatever hell they believe in to defeat us, not something as stupid as just calling targets and waiting for us to drop like falcons.

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

okayPosted Image

#3 Jace Blue

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

Sorry, sorry, I know it's not what a pilot like to hear, "I've already considered and disregarded your unit." I figured I'd just be frank and every recent "looking for unit" post ends the same way "WTAU, CWI, and CNW are recruiting, try them." and that's not what I'm looking for on this thread.

#4 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

I never said those 4 were GOOD units, just units for beginners. Join my allies at SWG, you will see an improvement.

#5 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

I never said those 4 were GOOD units, just units for beginners. Join my allies at SWG, you will see an improvement.

I want to like your post for the first part but the 2nd part let you down.

#6 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 06 February 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I want to like your post for the first part but the 2nd part let you down.

Well I don't like likes for one :) Also, it's hard to recommend a wolf unit. SWG is VASTLY superior to the previously mentioned units.

#7 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Well I don't like likes for one Posted Image Also, it's hard to recommend a wolf unit. SWG is VASTLY superior to the previously mentioned units.

He hits it out of the park.

#8 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

Wanting to join a "good" unit

Clan Wolf

Pick one

#9 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 06 February 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

Wanting to join a "good" unit

Clan Wolf

Pick one

The GOOD ones pick you, not the other way around :)

#10 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

The GOOD ones pick you, not the other way around Posted Image

Aff

#11 Gabriel Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 210 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Ok, You haven't try to get in contact with us, if so i would of gotten a friend request. Unless i miss something and we do have 66 members with 55 of those members active in different time periods. So I don't know if you were talking about WTau when you said trying to get it touch with us. So i don't know what exactly your trying to say.

For those other people.
WTau is not a competitive Unit anymore and we are a casual unit. Yes we are great for beginner and for those who wish to get back into the game. BUT!!!!! I will tell you this we have trained some of the top 1,000 players in this game who use to be part of us. After 3 years of being a unit we just don't care as much as we use to. We just like going in and giving people WTAU'D as we fly off with our magical Kit Foxs and Mist Lynxs.

NOW if you can't handled the WTAU than get out of the Thunder Dome! WTau and Seyla!

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostGabriel Phoenix, on 07 February 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ok, You haven't try to get in contact with us, if so i would of gotten a friend request. Unless i miss something and we do have 66 members with 55 of those members active in different time periods. So I don't know if you were talking about WTau when you said trying to get it touch with us. So i don't know what exactly your trying to say.

For those other people.
WTau is not a competitive Unit anymore and we are a casual unit. Yes we are great for beginner and for those who wish to get back into the game. BUT!!!!! I will tell you this we have trained some of the top 1,000 players in this game who use to be part of us. After 3 years of being a unit we just don't care as much as we use to. We just like going in and giving people WTAU'D as we fly off with our magical Kit Foxs and Mist Lynxs.

NOW if you can't handled the WTAU than get out of the Thunder Dome! WTau and Seyla!

How many is 'some' of the top 1000 players in this game? That might be something to crow about if it was say the top 100, other than that I wouldnt advertise.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 07 February 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#13 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 06 February 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Well I don't like likes for one Posted Image Also, it's hard to recommend a wolf unit. SWG is VASTLY superior to the previously mentioned units.

View PostCarl Vickers, on 06 February 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

He hits it out of the park.

Well, to be fair, SWG- and CWC have a 1.32 and a 1.37 FW W/L respectively. Compared to CWI (1.09 W/L) and WTAU (0.72 W/L) Naglinator is correct that there is a difference. How big a difference, I can't say, but he's not wrong.

Edit: That and both SWG- and CWC have FW K/D above 1 (showing they at least take down at slightly > 1:1 mechs) CWI has a 0.94 K/D (less gen rush plz) and WTAU has a 0.67 K/D (that is just bad)

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 07 February 2017 - 06:50 PM.

#14 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Pretty sure I said you were a good unit for beginners and I have also recommended your unit every time a tier 5 posts here looking for a unit. No need to get pug butt hurt when someone doesn't like you. Also you said you trained some of the "top 1000" players who "used" to be in your unit. Implying they are not, hence, you do not have any "top 1000 players" ?

#15 Gabriel Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 210 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 07 February 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

How many is 'some' of the top 1000 players in this game? That might be something to crow about if it was say the top 100, other than that I wouldnt advertise.

Lets see out of 12,000 or more players in this game. I would say people in the top 1,000 players is a impressive feat to get on the leader board for anyone. I'm talking about the total Global overview by the way. So don't down play those players.

View PostNaglinator, on 07 February 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Pretty sure I said you were a good unit for beginners and I have also recommended your unit every time a tier 5 posts here looking for a unit. No need to get pug butt hurt when someone doesn't like you. Also you said you trained some of the "top 1000" players who "used" to be in your unit. Implying they are not, hence, you do not have any "top 1000 players" ?

Naglinator I wasn't talking about your post. I'm mostly talking to Liao player/

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 07 February 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Well, to be fair, SWG- and CWC have a 1.32 and a 1.37 FW W/L respectively. Compared to CWI (1.09 W/L) and WTAU (0.72 W/L) Naglinator is correct that there is a difference. How big a difference, I can't say, but he's not wrong.

Edit: That and both SWG- and CWC have FW K/D above 1 (showing they at least take down at slightly > 1:1 mechs) CWI has a 0.94 K/D (less gen rush plz) and WTAU has a 0.67 K/D (that is just bad)

That ratio is because we mostly have newer players and K/D is also reflected the same. So yeah it low because we have mostly newer players who are learning the game.

Edited by Gabriel Phoenix, 07 February 2017 - 07:17 PM.

#16 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

I would never give up on an opportunity to say pug butt hurt...

#17 Carnyhands

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostGabriel Phoenix, on 07 February 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Lets see out of 12,000 or more players in this game. I would say people in the top 1,000 players is a impressive feat to get on the leader board for anyone. I'm talking about the total Global overview by the way. So don't down play those players.

Naglinator I wasn't talking about your post. I'm mostly talking to Liao player/

That ratio is because we mostly have newer players and K/D is also reflected the same. So yeah it low because we have mostly newer players who are learning the game.

You say this, but your own stats are pretty much on par with that of your unit as well, and you are clearly not a new player learning the game

#18 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

View PostCarnyhands, on 07 February 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

You say this, but your own stats are pretty much on par with that of your unit as well, and you are clearly not a new player learning the game

Posted Image

#19 Gabriel Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 210 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostCarnyhands, on 07 February 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

I am not a new players and not my officers but our members are new to this game. Out of 66 players we only have 10 Officer who been playing for more than 4 years. Yes my unit is 3 year old but handful of players have been with me through those years just like most other units.

#20 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostGabriel Phoenix, on 07 February 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

I am not a new players and not my officers but our members are new to this game. Out of 66 players we only have 10 Officer who been playing for more than 4 years. Yes my unit is 3 year old but handful of players have been with me through those years just like most other units.

I notice you didnt actually address the burn, just mumbled something, are you a politician, it would explain the stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users