3D Misc Art

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guidestone

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

I've been trying for 4 weeks to convert/edit a direwolf obj but always end up with missing faces, open walls, and almost 200 sub objects within the model. I'm trying to do get an editable stl file so that I can add in the ball and socket joints I designed specifically for this model. I'm honestly at my wit's end and could really use some help from the community. I'm trying to make this as a gift for a friend for his birthday. If someone can help me acquire a new working model, or repair the one I currently have, I'll share my ball and socket model them. I'm new to this sort of stuff, but am well versed in CAD/CAM programs, so I'm trying to make it so that I can edit on single body (ie the center torso) in SolidWorks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Jakk Reinner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hey Guidestone!
I don't have much wisdom to give you other then my attempts to dabble with extracting and modifying the models for 3d print have taught me that, A. not all the components transfer you normally experience loss of complete parts and B. the models will require Alot of cleanup/reconstruction often rebuilding sections of them. In the end I gave up, I wish you more luck than I had.

Edited by Jakk Reinner, 19 March 2017 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users