New Skill Tree.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Baba_Yaga

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Anyone else think the new skill tree systems Sucks!!!!!!!
I really like the fact that you now have get skill node's you don't want! just to get to the skill level's you want! at-least with the old system you picked exactly what you wanted instead of having to waste a point or points in most cases on something you don't want. So as far as I'm concerned PGI you screwed the pooch in one MASSIVE way!!!!!

#2 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

I think that aspect is universally hated. Its way worse than the 3 variants rule because you could always get that out of the way but you are always stuck with skills you dont want.

Whole point of skill tree was to give player freedom and mech custmization but its like 3 types of road you can go down instead of 1000s.

BTW nice thread title..

Edited by l33tworks, 09 February 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#3 Baba_Yaga

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

I'd keep the old system anyday over this crap!

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

If they opened up the node selections you would have to deal was Super Meta mechs. Atleast the way they have it you have to spread out the quirks a little.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 February 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#5 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

Since PGI completely ignores quirking my poor EXEs, I will take the new system in a heartbeat.
I am tired of the marshmallowing of the mechs that clearly aren't even in the meta.

Edited by M3 SABLE, 09 February 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#6 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostM3 SABLE, on 09 February 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Since PGI completely ignores quirking my poor EXEs, I will take the new system in a heartbeat.
I am tired of the marshmallowing of the mechs that clearly aren't even in the meta.

As a Clanner, you can take the system in a heartbeat regardless of mech Posted Image

As an IS player, well, the Balance Overlords don't care if your mech is not meta, it gets nerfed anyways Posted Image

But it's ok, Clan players didn't really ask for this, PGI just went full PGI again.

/edit: spelling

Edited by Acehilator, 09 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#7 Baba_Yaga

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 09 February 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

If they opened up the node selections you would have to deal was Super Meta mechs. Atleast the way they have it you have to spread out the quirks a little.

I get spreading it out, thatsbwhy you only have 91 pts, its the having to get the crap you dont want,or need!
PGI is worse than the government the more they try to fix things the more they screw it up! Or they just have people with big Egos!

#8 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

At first I was miffed at having to buy things I didn't necessarily need, but as I experimented a little and started to diversify some builds, I realized that a) You're never forced to buy something completely useless and B) All the best skills that the player base universally uses [Radar Dep, Seismic, etc.] are all buried in the trees... for a reason. That reason being that the player base universally uses them. From that aspect, the trees are fairly well thought out.

#9 Stiffler

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:00 AM

Nope, not gonna do it, time for another break from MWO. PGI, you can keep the $70 i spent on Kodiaks 40 days ago when I came back from my last 2 yr break.

#10 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

My assault are dumbier against light... whatever mobility skills, just painfully slower reaction. Time for lurm boat warfare ??? beurk

Edited by Damnedtroll, 17 May 2017 - 05:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users