Forum Admin Please Delete Skill Tree Threads Posted Here Only Way Ppl Will Learn

28 replies to this topic

#1 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

What title says. Thankyou.

#2 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:28 AM

THREAD ADMIN PLEASE DELETE OP'S POSTEDS HERE ONLY WAY OPPL WILL LEARN

#3 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:46 AM

The OP en-title-ment is over 9000.

#4 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:55 AM

That's not the job of the forum admins.

Posted Image

#5 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:57 AM

I'm sure they're only posting here so their threads will be visible to most forum goers and not jettisoned to the PTS forum.

-k

#6 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

So you never understood what General Discussion means?

I get it.

Join the real SJW's on the streets because censorship needs all the authority seekers it can find.

#7 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

What OP really means is:

"I WANT TO HELP PGI BURY ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK ON THE SKILL TREE."

#8 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

this thread is about the skill tree therefore should be deleted...

#9 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

Posted Image

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:02 AM

.... You do realize you can delete your own threads, right?

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 12 February 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

So you never understood what General Discussion means?

I get it.

Join the real SJW's Lizard People on the streets because censorship needs all the authority seekers it can find.

FTFY.

Edited by RestosIII, 12 February 2017 - 10:03 AM.

#11 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

many topics that are showing up in Gen Discussion that are Valid have been moved to the Skill Tree Feedback,
deleting them? no, but moving them to where they belong, thats what we have been doing,

if you have thoughts on the PTS please post them in the PTS Forums, Thank you,

#12 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 12 February 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

What OP really means is:

"I WANT TO HELP PGI BURY ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK ON THE SKILL TREE."

Isn't there a PTS forum section for that?

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 12 February 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

Hey Sparky...just want to apprise you of a concept.

There is a reason people post here. Because whether the "right" section o not... this is where the vast majority of Forumites reside. This is where Threads get seen, read, and attention. Threads in the "correct sections"... get 10s or at best...100s of views, and usually less than a page or two of debate or conversation, which is vital for letting the Devs see WHAT and WHY something is or is not being approved of.

Posts in General Discussion, at least intelligent ones, end up with 1000s of views and hundreds of comments...and as such are more useful and educational for not only the Devs but the General Population of the Forums.

So, until your name is in Green and you are an official Forum Moderator? Guess What? it ain't your job, or place to decide what is or is not appropriate where it is. Oh..and thank you!

#14 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostProbably Not, on 12 February 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

There is.

It, unfortunately, does not get the traffic it should. I agreed with Bishop Steiner's reasoning for putting his feedback thread in GenDis, and I think it was misguided of the mods to move it. That said, they didn't Jettison it, so, I suppose I'll take what I can get.

So they should post there. I'd be all for them posting here if there wan't a sub forum for the PTS. However there is one so people should be posting there.

#15 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 12 February 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

So they should post there. I'd be all for them posting here if there wan't a sub forum for the PTS. However there is one so people should be posting there.

Again, it would be nice if this is how things worked Lupis. But most people never bother to look in the Sub Forums, and history shows, people won't change that behavior.

On the front page of that Sub Forum, when my post was moved there? I had accrued more views and comments in under 12 hours in GenDis than every single non pinned post on the front page combined. And some of those had been up over 48 hours.

It's a nice thought.. but it DOESN'T WORK. The Devs like us to post there, because it doesn't get seen, and as such, they avoid Threadnuats and such. It's why they removed the entire GenDis forum entirely during the fallout from 3pV.... because it's hard to claim on Twitter that something is working great and everyone like sit.... when there is a thread with 6000 posts screaming against it.

Simple fact is, if you want to get attention, of the community, AND the Devs? It needs to be in GenDis where is can get the traction, commentary and views to cause the Devs to actually acknowledge it. Sorry if that offends your sense of order, to enact change, one often has to break the rules.

#16 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 February 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Again, it would be nice if this is how things worked Lupis. But most people never bother to look in the Sub Forums, and history shows, people won't change that behavior.

On the front page of that Sub Forum, when my post was moved there? I had accrued more views and comments in under 12 hours in GenDis than every single non pinned post on the front page combined. And some of those had been up over 48 hours.

It's a nice thought.. but it DOESN'T WORK. The Devs like us to post there, because it doesn't get seen, and as such, they avoid Threadnuats and such. It's why they removed the entire GenDis forum entirely during the fallout from 3pV.... because it's hard to claim on Twitter that something is working great and everyone like sit.... when there is a thread with 6000 posts screaming against it.

Simple fact is, if you want to get attention, of the community, AND the Devs? It needs to be in GenDis where is can get the traction, commentary and views to cause the Devs to actually acknowledge it. Sorry if that offends your sense of order, to enact change, one often has to break the rules.

It's not the developers fault if people don't go there. There are rules and if you post in the wrong spot your thread is either moved or locked and you have no recourse to complain about it.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 12 February 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

It's not the developers fault if people don't go there. There are rules and if you post in the wrong spot your thread is either moved or locked and you have no recourse to complain about it.

And you either missed or skipped the point. The rules be damned.... if you post in the SubForum, nobody reads them. If nobody reads them, the Devs get to pretend it's all roses.

You know when Russ changed his Twitter tune about the Skill Tree PTS? After I force fed him my Junior Threadnaut on the PTS... with not only my own findings, but those of a huge chunk of the community, in one place. His posts before that were literally about how great it was going. Literally within a couple hours of being forced to acknowledge a large post full of cogent arguments, and over 100 likes..... then suddenly, we see "Skill Tree delayed for re-evaluation".

Posted to the Sub Forum? Never gets over a couple hundred views, never moves the needle, and we would likely be seeing the Skill Tree as seen in PTS go forward as planned.

So go ahead and keep being a Librarian. Me? I'll follow the rules when they work, and break the hell out of them when it needs to be done to affect change.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 12 February 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

SJW

I don't get this vitriol directed at SJWs. Without them, you'd all still be serfs living in a feudal society, or worse, be slaves.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostMystere, on 12 February 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I don't get this vitriol directed at SJWs. Without them, you'd all still be serfs living in a feudal society, or worse, be slaves.

Mudhut.

Do ya really need more?

#20 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 12 February 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

Nice attempt at censorship comrade.