Overall Thoughts

No replies to this topic

#1 ParaOrdnance

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

Ok so here goes. Sorry for the long post.

I tried to test the system, but after 1.5hr wait with no match I gave up. I guess I'm doing something wrong as there are those getting matches but as of yet I have no idea what it is. That being said here's my thoughts on simply building a mech. I really only have one problem.

Modules are the singularly easiest thing to move from one chassis to the next. They are the most universal, and previous patches incorporated the ability to quickly scan for where they were within your inactive chassis if you lost them. This seems to suggest that you guys knew that most players didn't purchase more than a handful of each one and just swapped them over. In this case you're knowingly castrating the grinding done by making us pay cbills for each chassis now when we could easily swap before.

Suggestions:
A.) No cbills for leveling: In the new system we could simply do away with the need for cbills to level a mech. This could be replaced with a system by which xp is for leveling and cbills are for all other things. This seems to have the following advantages.

1.) you don't have to refund us any cbills. You could simply convert the amount of cbills spent on the modules into the equivalent xp needed to unlock the comparative nodes in the new system. This alleviates the pitfall of those who would spend their new fortune on content rather than leveling.
2.) It's easier for new players to understand/gain a foothold in this game. Needing cbills to purchase a chassis, armor, upgrades (ferro, endo, doubles), weapons, ammo, sensors, and "skills" puts an undue strain on the currency for a new player. It also logically flows better if "skills" are unlocked with "experience points". While you are in point of fact hot rodding your mech with this system, it still seems redundant to have two currencies required for the same thing. If you want to keep the cbills in then there is no need for xp which leads me to my next suggestion.
B.) No mech xp for leveling: In the new system we could simply do away with the need for mech xp to level a mech. Cbills now do everything. They are already the bottleneck to mech development, so xp are largely superfluous. This has the following advantages.
1.) Ease of use. The player now knows that cbills are what we grind out, and you don't have 4 different game currencies (Cbills, xp, gxp, Mc). You just have gxp for pilot leveling stuff(if that's put in), MC to put a few coins in the coffers and keep the lights on, and cbills for building your mechs. This decreases complexity in an already complex game.
2.) xp could be transferred to cbills. Sure people could use that new wealth to buy mechs, but those mechs have to be put somewhere, and that somewhere costs actual dollars, helping the bottom line. Payouts might need to be tweaked to allow for some light at the end of the tunnel for grinding a mech, but that's an easy change to make.

Other than the dual currency the only other logistical issue I see is the boat preference that others have mentioned. This could be easily mitigated with other inefficiencies like increased ammo sensitivity (if you're running ammo supply lines to more places you conceivably have more chance to cook the ammo off). I think energy boating has already been addressed with the heat buildup that I've read from others.

Keep up the good work. From my chair you guys have been making wise decisions (given the complexity of the game and the small but vocal player base) for sometime now. I have confidence that you'll get this manageable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users