1 reply to this topic

#1 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

Hello,

I would like to discuss the most important and apparently overlooked matter with the new system.
We have too many skill points.
91 points is just enough to skill everything relavant for each mech in his role...and that's a problem. You have to take specific skills for each role and there's hardly any chance to pass up on them in favour of other skills (e.g. a brawler will probably never take auxiliary skills and drop armour for it).

This leads us to "mandatory" skills and trash skills (for each role) which every player will try to achieve. This in turn leads to a massive buff across all mechs (everyone who needs armour gets 10% more armour) which in turn prevents people to take distinct skills (e.g. a max sensor cyclops).
I feel that this is quite the opposite of what is the goal of this skill system overhaul.

Of course, values can be nerfed or buffed, but I will still take 0.0001% more armor over an +300% AMS skill on a Kodiak.

Solution?
Perhaps there should be incentives for taking skills from different trees (the ammo capacity on the operations tree instead of the (U)AC tree is a wonderful example).
Add one +5% armor node on the auxiliary tree, so scouts are not totally screwed and heavies are tempted to go into that tree, too. Things like that.

#2 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:40 AM

Wrong forum, please delete.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users