"skills" Off A Tree? Maybe Quirks In The Lab...

Skill Tree Feedback Potatoes? :P

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky Clove

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

A previous post has talked about this part of the skill tree,

(https://mwomercs.com...-tree-feedback/)

but for the sake of showing more support for his stance on the new skill tree and throwing my shiny little C-Bill in on the matter, here's my post about it! Posted Image

The current build of the "Skill" Tree does not "Promote greater build and 'Mech diversity on the battlefield by enabling broader control over specialized roles." or at least, not to the extent that I feel it could. It's just not designed that way! There are too many arbitrary decisions to make to get to the "good stuff" ,so to speak, that I want for my mechs.

Say I want that sweet -5% cooldown for my duet of lbxs on my *K-tapult? I gotta wade through 4 range or velocity(Take your pick) buffs just to get that! That's 400k of C-Bills I could be spending elsewhere, not to mention the 6k exp cost as well! Now that's not to say people won't want that sorta buff alongside their cooldown improvement, but that's 4 choices I didn't want to make. AND it means that there are only 2 variations on a mech with -5% lbx cooldown! If you look at regular auto cannons *Silently retches* there are only 1 variation of skill choices that get you the full -5% unless you wanna tryhard and get the range buffs as well...

Now! I don't dislike the "Skill" Tree in it's entirety! I like the idea of it, but it's execution isn't right... I think that from both a thematic and practical standpoint, you should change it from buying "Skills" off a tree to buying quirks in the lab. leave out those modules and even remove all inherent mech quirks to allow people to customize and purchase the quirks they want!

Plus I'd like a "decrease jumpjet landing recoil" quirk as well pleaseandthankyou!

* That's what I call the Catapult-K2, by the by...

Edited by Hickory, 13 February 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

This is not what I had in mind when this was announced. I tried to post a printscreen but it didn't work
I wanted something That looked like a table just like the old skills menu. I had a hard time unlocking the nodes because other popup screens would conver the buttons. the new concept but with a slightly different look it still uses the old menus

current system minus the 4 mech rule so you master 1 mech at a time
eliminate the tier system and a limit of maybe 100 nodes. I could only fully skill one weapon. UAV, JJ and mobility was the only ones I didn't get to before I ran out. The quirks on upper portion of the chasis was not worth the hasle.. The multi weaon mechs would need more than one tree

#3 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

To the moderator of the forum can we get a general feedback for phase 4 instead of mixing comments about the system in general with the items for phase 1?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users