same questions.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:29 AM

That first vid - you're firing Med Lasers @ 500m+ plus all the time, why? You're heating urself up for no reason...

2nd mech you over extended. No idea why you would wanna go F8, open ground, against Clan if you have LPL/ML. Better off in buildings.

3rd mech - same - MPL @ 500m, why? Pointless... Plus one ERPPC? That build can be better.

4th mech - same again. Over extended, not watching minimap and getting cLPL from a SCR at least 3 times before you notice - yet you can clearly see him on the minimap (if you looked at it)

You can only blame urself there really

And stop using the full command wheel, resign command and just use "Target spotted". Map directions, attack target highlights etc are a total waste of time. Target spotted is the only one you need to use, and you can't as "commander", so resign it... It's really dumb on PGIs behalf IMO.

#4 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 February 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

That first vid - you're firing Med Lasers @ 500m+ plus all the time, why? You're heating urself up for no reason...

2nd mech you over extended. No idea why you would wanna go F8, open ground, against Clan if you have LPL/ML. Better off in buildings.

3rd mech - same - MPL @ 500m, why? Pointless... Plus one ERPPC? That build can be better.

4th mech - same again. Over extended, not watching minimap and getting cLPL from a SCR at least 3 times before you notice - yet you can clearly see him on the minimap (if you looked at it)

And stop using the full command wheel, resign command and just use "Target spotted". Map directions, attack target highlights etc are a total waste of time. Target spotted is the only one you need to use, and you can't as "commander", so resign it... It's really dumb on PGIs behalf IMO.

Like for very constructive feedback.
Hear, hear.

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:40 AM

Yeah what Ash said.

and there we have it, someone labelled t1 doing these mistakes. Sure mistakes happen, yet when people labelled T1 have such quesrions, I simply question tier rating. It isn't working. People who can enter T1 should be totally able to spot mos of the issues they did (or not even started doing so - especially the meds @500m thing.).
How is MM going to make matche swhich such unsuited player ratings? Ok in FP that doesn't matters. but generally we see a prime exapmple here of how Player rating is rating very incorrect.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

How I put it might seem harsh - but Jay & I have dropped plenty together - so not attacking, he will know that. Just posting fast and blunt before I got to bed lol. Posted Image

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 February 2017 - 05:45 AM.

#7 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

For a T1 pilot, you sure don't check your radar or optimal range vs engagement range very much.

#8 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

Interesting commentary. Positioning and situational awareness are my biggest weaknesses, I think. I need to pay more attention to optimal weapon range too.

Edited by NRP, 14 February 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#9 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 14 February 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

For a T1 pilot

People keep saying this like it would mean anything at this point in time

Edited by meteorol, 14 February 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#10 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:46 AM

View PostNRP, on 14 February 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Interesting commentary. Positioning and situational awareness are my biggest weaknesses, I think. I need to pay more attention to optimal weapon range too.

At least you could fire your weapons at a range where they do damage, for a start that is.
*shudders*

#11 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:51 AM

(i am firing at longer range because, i need their attention on me, and that noise of getting hit makes them back up into cover and far distance because,
i just want to weaken them before
i get close to them and finish them. even your self Ash have seen how i handle a warhawk
from 1800 meters away with 2 er ppcs and 3 med lasers on a thunderbolt. until i close in for the KILL (^.^)) ENGAGING <->(TARGET ELLIMINATED)

(i know ,i over extended, but i asked for cover fire. i guess, i assumed that this unit knows how to do support fire and has good team work morals with respect
that they know valor and self sacrifice that comes with experience. I was wrong.
i shouldn't assume that these players know how to cover their team members better when retreating. because i sure do with videos to show it.
plus they have more years on me, this will be my 1 year 3 month playing when they been playing for 2-3 years grouped and i was doing my solo thing
most of the time while i was with BMMU)

(mechs are not even mastered yet, i was doing my best with the new account jayrtechv2 while my old account jayrtech is old and ready for anything
. and yeah er ppc because i am being a fair player. i could do some crazy *** damage and builds, i can break 3000-3500, most i ever done in a fw game was 3983, yeah i knowwhen
the Kodiak uac 10s were killing everything during the launch of the Kodiak with the k3 in my deck.)
but im tired of winning and i want to have fun. so i did that set up to play my way. why 1 er ppc. so i can poke at you from a distance and play with you. then when you get
close
CHOP CHOP CHOP BE DEAD)

4th mech - same again. Over extended, not watching minimap and getting cLPL from a SCR at least 3 times before you notice - yet you can
clearly see him on the minimap (if you looked at it)
(yup and did you noticed where my team was and how they were holding back? why would you let your guy go out there knowing hes kicking ***
and yet stands behind buildings with 11 people while one or 2 enemies that are jumping around and they still stay hidin like they are really going to die in real life (o.O)
really now. that ain't down , i don't do that and i have winning videos to prove it)

(you are right, i choose to join the wrong unit that needs a lot of attention to tactics, and game play. that need to develop courage and not hide behind fear)

And stop using the full command wheel, resign command and just use "Target spotted". Map directions, attack target highlights etc are
a total waste of time. Target spotted is the only one you need to use, and you can't as "commander", so resign it... It's really dumb on PGIs behalf IMO.
(not every one in the game speaks English or has voip on, its part of the game. it needs a lot of work, but i do what i can with it for now
and remember that one fight where using the command wheel saved that one mech. i am uploading that video right now from that one fight
we were in that night. how could you forget (O.O)")

#12 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

and please feed back is asked for, be straight forward with me, good and bad. i am asking and know what to expect.

Ash is my friend in the game, he is a good commander and pilot.

all of you are my friends as well. so why would i take these comments badly.

instead i will read it, understand it, and explain how i feel about it. and how i see things from my perspective.

we may or may not agree, that is good. i would be scared if every one agreed with me. know what i mean.

View PostLily from animove, on 14 February 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

Yeah what Ash said.

and there we have it, someone labelled t1 doing these mistakes. Sure mistakes happen, yet when people labelled T1 have such quesrions, I simply question tier rating. It isn't working. People who can enter T1 should be totally able to spot mos of the issues they did (or not even started doing so - especially the meds @500m thing.).
How is MM going to make matche swhich such unsuited player ratings? Ok in FP that doesn't matters. but generally we see a prime exapmple here of how Player rating is rating very incorrect.

how about some 1 v 1 when u have some free time. i will show u what med pulse can do to a mech at 500 meters with the right pilot :-D just make sure you have full head armor Posted Image

For a T1 pilot, you sure don't check your radar or optimal range vs engagement range very much.

i check it all the time, did u not see the MAP POP UP . dude trust i do. more then most people do. apparently, that is how i stay 5 steps ahead of the enemy , and predict their movements and reactions. something that you learn over time from experience.

View Postkesmai, on 14 February 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

At least you could fire your weapons at a range where they do damage, for a start that is.
*shudders*

i like to weaken u from a distance check out my youtube channel : jayr tech

Video I.S take over 2 , same thing i do with er ppcs i do with med laser.
shot, i can use only 2 9se thunder bolts with 3 lrg pulse each and break 1800 damage in a fw game. video proof is there. the problem with that is that time runs out.

Edited by JayRtech, 14 February 2017 - 07:07 AM.

#13 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

hay...........................

what about the 2nd video (>.<)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:09 AM

Potato unit .. stay with them if you like carry useless people or let them carry themself, they may learn how play properly.
And wow change your playlist lol.

Pretty sure he did took risk expecting ( hoping ) his static turrets teamates will follow him for roll ennemy team together, but no .. potatoes don't like take risk even when they are in a 6'.
Some people are addicted to defeat, deal with this ( far away from them is better ).

Edit: I didn't saw 2nd video, if i want see an average team play badly vs another average team i just have to launch a match in this average video game lol.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 14 February 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#15 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 14 February 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

Potato unit .. stay with them if you like carry useless people or let them carry themself, they may learn how play properly.
And wow change your playlist lol.

Pretty sure he did took risk expecting ( hoping ) his static turrets teamates will follow him for roll ennemy team together, but no .. potatoes don't like take risk even when they are in a 6'.
Some people are addicted to defeat, deal with this ( far away from them is better ).

They are just people to. and eventually they will learn, i hope they see these videos, not as attacks on them , but, as where they could improve and examples on how to say **** it, OVER RIDE ENGAGED , i am going in team ,COVER MEEEEEEEE

LOL, it was just a quick what ever is on youtube at the moment type of thing.
I just flowed with what ever was on . i have many kinds of style music though, from mwo. to heavy metal. to trance. to dub , to Eminem, to DRE

Edited by JayRtech, 14 February 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#16 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostJayRtech, on 14 February 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

i like to weaken u from a distance check out my youtube channel : jayr tech

The problem with using lasers far out of the optimal range is that you are paying full heat for reduced damage.

At 500m the damage an IS ML will deal is pretty much negligible (dunno how much exactly, someone can surely calculate it), while you are still paying full heat costs.

This way you can actually gut your DPS via heatcap while getting pretty much no damage out of it. At 500m, you would be off way better with just spamming ER-PPCs instead of using your heat for ML

#17 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 14 February 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

The problem with using lasers far out of the optimal range is that you are paying full heat for reduced damage.

At 500m the damage an IS ML will deal is pretty much negligible (dunno how much exactly, someone can surely calculate it), while you are still paying full heat costs.

This way you can actually gut your DPS via heatcap while getting pretty much no damage out of it. At 500m, you would be off way better with just spamming ER-PPCs instead of using your heat for ML

yeah but look at my heat from where i start, to where i end up close to the enemy, i know how to manage my heat. i drop over ride engaged . if i didnt know how to play with my heat. i wouldn't mess with over ride. but i do, so i understand heat. but maybe for you, that could be a problem i don't know. i do what ever damage i can do to the enemy, period. the more damage they take whether it be a 62 point alpha, or a 5 point from 5 med lasers at 600 meters, hay damage is damage is damage, once u take damage to a certain spot. it is weaker now, and will be destroyed faster. and 5 points add up buddy, 5 , then 5 , then 5, take cover , cool down to 30% before engaging again. 5 , 5 , 5, on the same mech, closer now, 450 meters lets say 10 points of damage , 10 , 10 ,10 , at the right torso , then 10 , 10 , 10 closer, 14 14 14 other torso, 300 meters POP IT FULL ALPHA UR DEAD (T.T) on top of all the other attacks thrown at you from the rest of my team :-p

Edited by JayRtech, 14 February 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#18 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

People it's simple and this is not criticism at all.
But take the time go to the testing ground.
And learn your mechs and weapons.
Check out the various maps your mech performs differently on each.
Practice there.
Your score will thank you and your team.

#19 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 14 February 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

People it's simple and this is not criticism at all.
But take the time go to the testing ground.
And learn your mechs and weapons.
Check out the various maps your mech performs differently on each.
Practice there.
Your score will thank you and your team.

yup, true words have been spoken. Novakaine knows what's up TGG

Edited by JayRtech, 14 February 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#20 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostJayRtech, on 14 February 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

They are just people to. and eventually they will learn, i hope they see these videos, not as attacks on them , but, as where they could improve and examples on how to say **** it, OVER RIDE ENGAGED , i am going in team ,COVER MEEEEEEEE

And see the result lol ..
COMA guys aren't new in the game they still play same way since long time, very very conservative if you play conservative you may use them as meat shield and help them but if you want sacrifice yourself for make them improve maybe ask them IF they want really improve and after look if they can improve

For example people who play with joystick for example even if they want improve, they won't if they don't wanna play mouse+keyboard .... lol .
Ask same thing about how they wanna play ( push style or turrets playtstyle ), theirs pings ( COMA are from aussie if i remember and their ping is also not very good for many weapons out of auto aimed missiles ).

Lol Novakaine, jaytech you aren't BMMU anymore now you are a COMA guy even HHoD people give you advice about how play "properly" man .. my advice is runaway from this unit or enjoy with carry coze you have 4 "under 1K damage" guy to carry there . Posted Image

Edited by Idealsuspect, 14 February 2017 - 07:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users