4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

Ok. I'm having FPS drops, and I don't know why. I have a new Processor in a i7-6700K, but a two year old GTX 760. My settings are at Medium, except for effects which is set to high. I was getting Frame Rates at 100+, now I'm getting 23 and below, and I'm rubber banding like crazy ever now and again. As if I had lag issues, but don't. Cause my ping is 69-89. What gives? Is it my card? Or the CPU?

Cause I know this game is CPU intensive. It has to be one or the other. Or both.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

Check your system's Power Options are set to High Performance, your Nvidia Power management mode set from adaptive to Max Performance.

#3 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 February 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Check your system's Power Options are set to High Performance, your Nvidia Power management mode set from adaptive to Max Performance.

Thank you for the info, but I talked with a friend and we discovered that my card is going dead. I'm going to stretch it as long as I can, and then buy a new one. Hopefully sooner than a week. My brother maybe coming to my rescue as well.

#4 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

Nvidia 970 is good bang for your buck
Im getting good fps 80-100+

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostHawk819, on 14 February 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Thank you for the info, but I talked with a friend and we discovered that my card is going dead. I'm going to stretch it as long as I can, and then buy a new one. Hopefully sooner than a week. My brother maybe coming to my rescue as well.

The question is how did your friend come to that conclusion? Usually, if a card is dying but not dead there are usually lots display issues/artifacts, etc. Other than that, a simply FPS drop does not mean it is a bad card. It almost sounds like the game may be running off the CPU's GPU or the issue could be the the Nvidia driver itself.

Was the card placed into another computer w/same result? Drivers completely uninstalled and reinstalled? Turn off computer completely, remove and re-seat the GPU. Make sure all the power connectors are hooked up.

Check your system's Power Options are set to High Performance (if set to something less, can FPS issues), your Nvidia Power management mode set from adaptive to Max Performance, this ensures that your Nvidia GPU is being used and not the CPU's built-in GPU.

Double check your bios that the Intel GPU is not listed as the primary.

Remove the Nvidia card and run it off the built-in GPU. Do you get similar results?

Don't mind the above if you are really looking to get a new GPU :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users